Sponsored

Number of catalytic converters on a 2.7 V6?

Wisstx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Citizen
How many cats are on the 2.7? I head there are three. Two on each side by the manifold and one further down near midway to the muffler. Next question: are they all O2 sensor monitored?

I am trying to figure out if I can straight pipe past the 3rd but only if it is not O2 monitored...

THANKS!
Sponsored

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
I’d suggest not doing that. I tried that with my 11 3.5 and it hated it. It wasn’t happy till I put a mini magnaflow on it.

OP
OP

Wisstx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Citizen
I’d suggest not doing that. I tried that with my 11 3.5 and it hated it. It wasn’t happy till I put a mini magnaflow on it.
Good to know. Secondarly I am worried about all the Cat thefts I am hearing about. I figured the 2.7 F150 is SURE to get cats stolen if there are three. Then I was told two are impossible to really get to. So I figured you can't steal what I don't have.

Thanks again!

Predator

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2019 Escape
How many cats are on the 2.7? I head there are three. Two on each side by the manifold and one further down near midway to the muffler. Next question: are they all O2 sensor monitored?

I am trying to figure out if I can straight pipe past the 3rd but only if it is not O2 monitored...

THANKS!
It looks like only one cat on each side closest to the engine has sensors im thinking of cutting out the second cat on each side
Sponsored