First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
This is from my inside guy in the frame dept. He gets some stuff that is not official and some may be rumor mill but this is what he told me.

"No official word but it doesn't look good. They're is something going on and I don't have any concrete answers. Why they would go back on the OKTB 24 or so hours after they announced we would achieve it is beyond me. We had less problems changing over from steel to aluminum.

I will say this. I've looked at the largest dealers in my area and none of them have a retail order scheduled, and some stock orders aren't built yet and they were scheduled for last week. The good news out of all of my digging is there are stock units waiting to be shipped out of Kansas City. I'm hoping the floodgates open and the gas units so soon to get trucks on the lot. I think they are still working bugs out of the HEV.

I wish I could give you good news, but I can't."
I just went to my dealer. My order (see jjblas in tracking list) is a go with a production day of 12/17/20. I had the dealer take the work surface off a couple of weeks ago when I heard about the delay. So he left the original with the work surface on but added a duplicate without the work surface...that one is a go for 12/17. The other is still processing. So work surface is a delaying factor still. My order is retail BTW.

?

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I just went to my dealer. My order (see jjblas in tracking list) is a go with a production day of 12/17/20. I had the dealer take the work surface off a couple of weeks ago when I heard about the delay. So he left the original with the work surface on but added a duplicate without the work surface...that one is a go for 12/17. The other is still processing. So work surface is a delaying factor still. My order is retail BTW.

?
Wow, I believe you are the very first retail order that actually has a build date. Very positive news. Just maybe OKTB is achieved.

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
Wow, I believe you are the very first retail order that actually has a build date. Very positive news. Just maybe OKTB is achieved.
Here is what my dealer gave me. I have a tough time interpreting the sequence of events (maybe curry in can translate). It looks like things started to pop 11/23 and 11/27.

Attachments

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Maaaaaan, this sucks. Not the HEV!!! They should at least put an update out for expectation management. That would calm down a few of us.
I know, wish I knew too. First there was the BLIS thing and now the HEV.

He said they were holding the hybrid till 30 Nov two weeks ago, so maybe it will get released for shipping tomorrow or this week.

He works the line so may not have heard the correction yet. They could have been working the issue these past few weeks. Could be a part or software, who knows.

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance

?
Kansas City or Dearborn?????

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Here is what my dealer gave me. I have a tough time interpreting the sequence of events (maybe curry in can translate). It looks like things started to pop 11/23 and 11/27.
Your order appears to be a stock order not a retail.

You went from week of 30 Nov then to day of 4 Dec then to week of 14 Dec then day of 17 Dec.

What drive train is your order?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Somewhere in these pages (or threads) I thought I saw that KCM is starting to ship as well.
That would be good news for me as mine is coming from there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Somewhere in these pages (or threads) I thought I saw that KCM is starting to ship as well.
Yeah unless it is KC that is OKTB but my inside guy was saying the gas engines looked like they were going to start shipping them.

jjblas
I just looked off your VIN and that is a stock order.

Stock (222S) (OBC8T)
VIN 1FTFW1ED9MFA53485

Go here and enter your VIN https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/pages/tracker/ hit load car information and scroll down and hit general information.

You should add your VIN to the site track as an update.

Congrats finally

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I've heard the same.

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
Yeah unless it is KC that is OKTB but my inside guy was saying the gas engines looked like they were going to start shipping them.

jjblas
I just looked off your VIN and that is a stock order.

Stock (222S) (OBC8T)
VIN 1FTFW1ED9MFA53485

Go here and enter your VIN https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/pages/tracker/ hit load car information and scroll down and hit general information.

You should add your VIN to the site track as an update.

Congrats finally
Yeah, Bob, my original order in August had work surface and was retail, so my dealer said. When I dropped the work surface, he created a second order but must have made it stock. It looks like the ford tracker info for the VIN shows the interior is black. I originally had carmelo. But I won't complain. I am just thrilled to get most everything I wanted. Dealer tells me to expect delivery towards the end of January.

I did put info in for an update to the tracker.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah, Bob, my original order in August had work surface and was retail, so my dealer said. When I dropped the work surface, he created a second order but must have made it stock. It looks like the ford tracker info for the VIN shows the interior is black. I originally had carmelo. But I won't complain. I am just thrilled to get most everything I wanted. Dealer tells me to expect delivery towards the end of January.

I did put info in for an update to the tracker.
You think the dealer messed up? It is showing this as your interior.

As a plus, that lighter interior would probably show dirt or marks easier. Just trying to help...

Check here in about 10 to 12 days and get your window sticker http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1ED9MFA53485

Ford F-150 (Nov 19) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 1606779712632

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
This is from my inside guy in the frame dept. He gets some stuff that is not official and some may be rumor mill but this is what he told me.

"No official word but it doesn't look good. They're is something going on and I don't have any concrete answers. Why they would go back on the OKTB 24 or so hours after they announced we would achieve it is beyond me. We had less problems changing over from steel to aluminum.

I will say this. I've looked at the largest dealers in my area and none of them have a retail order scheduled, and some stock orders aren't built yet and they were scheduled for last week. The good news out of all of my digging is there are stock units waiting to be shipped out of Kansas City. I'm hoping the floodgates open and the gas units so soon to get trucks on the lot. I think they are still working bugs out of the HEV.

I wish I could give you good news, but I can't."
One week its the Max Recline seats, another week its the Work Surface, another week the PowerBoost engines. I know a lot of you on here have builds with the PowerBoost, so hopefully this time next week, it will be something else and not the HEVs.

At least we all have each other! lol
Sponsored