Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Wait, you got a king Ranch for $52K?
Hahhaa noooooo. That is just the base price where I can click on "incentives" from the x-plan website. That would be a base king ranch 600A with zero options. My configuration is still over 70k with x-plan.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Guys

I told Shannon he was the Man and we really appreciate him sharing these updates with me to share with all here who have orders or about to order.

This info is all rights reserved to Ford, so classified of sorts to dealers only.

So just say thanks Shannon in you head so I'm not tell no stories and don't tell Ford. Lol
We're very appreciate and hope you didn't just dox Shannon! *Ford goons show up at Shannon's door*

cconner9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 Chevy Tahoe Z71, 2004 Ford Five Hubdred
Occupation
CPA
First time posting... So I was late to the game (focused more on the new bronco) and just ordered a fully loaded (less work surface) XLT on the 9th. My dealer said estimated 6 weeks. Is that a reasonable estimate? I feel like it’s not the more I read. My Type is Retail, Order code (whatever this is?) 2223 and priority code 19. Any ideas are appreciated. I also feel like I got a good deal(which the dealer is an old family friend) on it so I’m not too worried if it stretches out a little longer.

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F1-50 Platinum, 2021 F 1-50 Platinum (ordered)
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
See if they would agree to do a stock and a retail. That will cover you also if they achieve OKTB before your stock order gets picked up.

Remember the dealer has to have allocations before Ford will pick up their order.

You don't want to be sitting there with an unscheduled stock order when they go OKTB.
Any way to know if a dealers has allocations in advance of beginning the build and negotiations? I’m very close to scrapping my 31-July order and finding a new dealership. Very disappointed in them for a multitude of reasons not all pertaining to my truck. Lastly, do you think a dealer with allocations would be less wiling to offer the type of competitive pricing discussed in here? Thanks in advance!! Hooah!!

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
No complex pieces on my truck and they still won’t build it ?

AMB Platinum 701A Carmelo 5.0 and E-locker 3.31 - no FX4, no Sunroof, no max recline, no work surface...

What is this word... patience... never heard of it.

Sponsored

Micelda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum; 2021 BMW X3
First time posting myself and I’ve been reading this thread for a while. Similar question as above, I placed my order on 9/21; Retail, Order Code: K39A, Priority Code: 10. Is there anyway to understand what that means or where in line that puts you? Until this week, I didn’t see anything that showed up on not ok to build list, but now the 3.5 Ecoboost is there.

When I asked my dealer if he info, 2 weeks ago he said Ford accepted the order but had not pulled it....

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
In all seriousness though, at least we have an insider like the Admin and CurryBob giving updates even if it isn’t the best news sometimes. Otherwise some of us would have been sitting here for months not knowing what the hell is going on.

If we still keep seeing no availability on items once we get into OKTB, I’ll probably begin losing my patience as well.

hunter406

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 3500, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Insurance Analyst
I was more surprised when things were appearing to go smoothly.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Yes I wanted a 2021 not two months before 2022 comes out
I’m gonna wait 2 weeks once they are into OKTB at Dearborn. If there is no movement, I may cancel and get a 21’ Superduty Tremor. I can’t borrow my current ride indefinitely.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
In all seriousness though, at least we have an insider like the Admin and CurryBob giving updates even if it isn’t the best news sometimes. Otherwise some of us would have been sitting here for months not knowing what the hell is going on.

If we still keep seeing no availability on items once we get into OKTB, I’ll probably begin losing my patience as well.
We all highly appreciate their insider info. None of what I wrote was said in anger towards anyone. Just trying to stay positive here too.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
First off, we have several first time posters and I want to welcome you to this site and for coming out of the shadows.

I'm not an administrator, just a member that had some time. I enjoy this site, and what little I know, I want to try and pass on also. I have ordered 3 new trucks in the past 6 years and not a lot has changed, well, Covid has put a wrench in things for sure.

I'm going to try and answer to best of my knowledge.

Micelda
If you've been reading, then you know the dealer must have allocations before Ford will pick his order up.

The order number is only good to the dealer, means nothing to Ford

The priority code the dealer assigns to your order, it is to determine if it is a stock or retail order and in what sequence those are to be built for the dealer. Best I understand it.

Jazroc56
No way I know to see if they have allocations, other than ask them.

The BIG ONE here is STOCK vs RETAIL!!!

OKTB- OK To Build

Allocations- A dealer gets a number each (2 weeks I think but could be monthly) of how many trucks he can order during that time period. He can still place the order but Ford will not pick it up until they have an allocation. Some allocations are for certain options, like diesel, hybrid etc. So he could have a truck allocation but not one with a hybrid.

Retail Orders-These are orders pre-sold/customer orders. Can not be clean scheduled till OKTB is achieved.

Stock Orders- Dealer orders for their lots to sell to anyone. Can be built anytime and therefore the only orders that will be scheduled and built till OKTB is achieved.

The dealer can order a stock order for a customer, nothing illegal about it. You can not track stock orders on the Ford tracking site (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/) which uses your VIN. You can only get that info from you dealer and someone said the Ford call site. You dealer is the best place for that though.

Around the week of your build you can check for your window sticker here (http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFX1EG5JKC17552) just put your VIN where the last 17 digits are. That is good for Retail and Stock.

Retail orders can not look in ETIS(https://www.etis.ford.com/) till around the week of your build to check the options and some other info you get there. Stock orders never.

For a stock order, if your dealer had allocations when he placed your order, you should have a VIN in about a week.

For a retail order, AFTER OKTB is achieved and he has allocations, you should have a VIN in about a week. If you don't get a VIN after a couple of weeks then they didn't have allocation or didn't place the order at all, something like that is up.

So, at the beginning of a MY (Model Year), if you want you truck fast, you need a stock order. Other wise you are waiting for the plant to be up and running at speed and proficiency.

Once OKTB is achieved, retail orders have priority over stock orders.

That is it and as plain as I know to spell it out.

I hope this helps some

phew, my hands are tired... :unsure:

Thanks Kyle and others, I know you appreciate my efforts and happy to help anyone here that I can and in no way felt any disappointment or anger aimed at me. I feel everyone's frustration and just trying to get info out that I can, to maybe help to some degree.

Last edited:

cconner9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 Chevy Tahoe Z71, 2004 Ford Five Hubdred
Occupation
CPA
First off, we have several first time posters and I want to welcome you to this site and for coming out of the shadows.

I'm not an administrator, just a member that had some time. I enjoy this site, and what little I know, I want to try and pass on also. I have ordered 3 new trucks in the past 6 years and not a lot has changed, well, Covid has put a wrench in things for sure.

I'm going to try and answer to best of my knowledge.

Micelda
If you've been reading, then you know the dealer must have allocations before Ford will pick his order up.

The order number is only good to the dealer, means nothing to Ford

The priority code the dealer assigns to your order, it is to determine if it is a stock or retail order and in what sequence those are to be built for the dealer. Best I understand it.

Jazroc56
No way I know to see if they have allocations, other than ask them.

The BIG ONE here is STOCK vs RETAIL!!!

OKTB- OK To Build

Allocations- A dealer gets a number each (2 weeks I think but could be monthly) of how many trucks he can order during that time period. He can still place the order but Ford will not pick it up until they have an allocation. Some allocations are for certain options, like diesel, hybrid etc. So he could have a truck allocation but not one with a hybrid.

Retail Orders-These are orders pre-sold/customer orders. Can not be clean scheduled till OKTB is achieved.

Stock Orders- Dealer orders for their lots to sell to anyone. Can be built anytime and therefore the only orders that will be scheduled and built till OKTB is achieved.

The dealer can order a stock order for a customer, nothing illegal about it. You can not track stock orders on the Ford tracking site (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/) which uses your VIN. You can only get that info from you dealer and someone said the Ford call site. You dealer is the best place for that though.

Around the week of your build you can check for your window sticker here (http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFX1EG5JKC17552) just put your VIN where the last 17 digits are. That is good for Retail and Stock.

Retail orders can not look in ETIS(https://www.etis.ford.com/) till around the week of your build to check the options and some other info you get there. Stock orders never.

For a stock order, if your dealer had allocations when he placed your order, you should have a VIN in about a week.

For a retail order, AFTER OKTB is achieved and he has allocations, you should have a VIN in about a week. If you don't get a VIN after a couple of weeks then they didn't have allocation or didn't place the order at all, something like that is up.

So, at the beginning of a MY (Model Year), if you want you truck fast, you need a stock order. Other wise you are waiting for the plant to be up and running at speed and proficiency.

Once OKTB is achieved, retail orders have priority over stock orders.

That is it and as plain as I know to spell it out.

I hope this helps some

phew, my hands are tired... :unsure:

Thanks Kyle and others, I know you appreciate my efforts and happy to help anyone here that I can and in no way felt any disappointment or anger aimed at me. I feel everyone's frustration and just trying to get info out that I can, to maybe help to some degree.
Thank you sir for taking the time to spell that out for me! Sounds like the 6 weeks I was giving is unrealistic.
Sponsored