Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Guys

I told Shannon he was the Man and we really appreciate him sharing these updates with me to share with all here who have orders or about to order.

This info is all rights reserved to Ford, so classified of sorts to dealers only.

So just say thanks Shannon in you head so I'm not tell no stories and don't tell Ford. Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not to be pessimistic but this update pretty much confirms that anyone with PCO expiring January 4th is probably SOL.

**with retail orders**
Talk with you dealer about this, I have heard of them locking those in somehow.

I do wish it had been better news!

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Guys, I think you can put your order in with the dealer stock order and keep your personal offer. Can anyone confirm?
Mine is sock and the dealer says he can use it just fine.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Okay, I plan on ordering soon. So I will be sure to tell them to put in the stock order so I can use my offer.
See if they would agree to do a stock and a retail. That will cover you also if they achieve OKTB before your stock order gets picked up.

Remember the dealer has to have allocations before Ford will pick up their order.

You don't want to be sitting there with an unscheduled stock order when they go OKTB.

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
See if they would agree to do a stock and a retail. That will cover you also if they achieve OKTB before your stock order gets picked up.

Remember the dealer has to have allocations before Ford will pick up their order.

You don't want to be sitting there with an unscheduled stock order when they go OKTB.
Thanks but I'm an idiot when it comes to ordering a vehicle as this will be my first time. What is OKTB. Also, should I go ahead and order and stop waiting?? Thanks

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Not to be pessimistic but this update pretty much confirms that anyone with PCO expiring January 4th is probably SOL.
Thanks but I'm an idiot when it comes to ordering a vehicle as this will be my first time. What is OKTB. Also, should I go ahead and order and stop waiting?? Thanks
OKTB- OKAY TO BUILD?
I think it just means no major issues with the line and they can start accepting “retail” orders.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
OKTB= Ok to Build, that is where they will take retail orders and start schedule to build. They will only take those after OKTB has been achieved. After that retail orders have priority.

They will only build stock orders at the beginning of a new model year. Those are the ones the dealer orders to put on their lots to sell.

When a new model year (MY) comes out, there are sometimes changes to the line because the truck assembly is different. New options, new parts etc.

They will only use stock orders till they have all the bugs worked out and the line speed is much slower. These trucks are looked at much more intensely to insure the quality and fit and finish is up to Fords standards. If they have issues they stop the line and work it out.

The draw back with an early stock order is, if repairs or changes are needed, they will not have priority. That truck can be there for awhile or just a little extra time. They would rather that happen to a dealers order rather than a customers retail order.

Soooo the only time stock orders have priority is at the beginning of a MY.

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
OKTB= Ok to Build, that is where they will take retail orders and start schedule to build. They will only take those after OKTB has been achieved. After that retail orders have priority.

They will only build stock orders at the beginning of a new model year. Those are the ones the dealer orders to put on their lots to sell.

When a new model year (MY) comes out, there are sometimes changes to the line because the truck assembly is different. New options, new parts etc.

They will only use stock orders till they have all the bugs worked out and the line speed is much slower. These trucks are looked at much more intensely to insure the quality and fit and finish is up to Fords standards. If they have issues they stop the line and work it out.

The draw back with an early stock order is, if repairs or changes are needed, they will not have priority. That truck can be there for awhile or just a little extra time. They would rather that happen to a dealers order rather than a customers retail order.

Soooo the only time stock orders have priority is at the beginning of a MY.
So would you suggest that I order now or January 1st.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
What doesn’t make sense to me is this: you can order the diesel on an XLT, but if you order on lariat or higher, it’s delayed? Makes no sense. @currybob we more than appreciate these updates btw. I’m just chatting up my frustration haha.
Sponsored