First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
If I had to guess based on everything I've read here - it would be closer to the 12-14 weeks since most of the time when you order a truck they say it could take 8-12 weeks. But since OKTB has not been achieved, I have to assume there is quite the backlog of retail orders that will need to go in and then you have to factor in dealer allocation, commodity shortages/restrictions and Covid - I'd put money that we are looking at March or later. At least that is what I am coming to the sad conclusion in my head. There is a truck I like that looks to be coming in on the first wave of deliveries in the next few weeks but not to my dealer. My dealer said he would not be able to negotiate a trade to get it because they won't have any 21's to trade back. So now I trying to figure out what to do.
Yikes !! Oh man that broke my spirit. My skinny butt needs some massage seats ASAP ?
Sponsored

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
I looked through a lot of photos and review videos, and came to the decision because:it’s too orange for me. Reminds me of pumpkins. And I’m more on the OCD side, where stains or scuffs on the seats will bug me over time. Not to mention when you have that 1 person get in that gas oil on their clothes or something. Black will last and look better long term. Also, the truck is silver, black and orange, so orange kinda doesn’t mix well. After seeing the review video of the limited in iconic silver, I changed my color from star white to iconic silver today.

I mean no offense to anyone who ordered the King Ranch when I say this, but I just can’t bring myself to order a truck for $70,000 that has an interior color that closely resembles poop. This is just a personal thing. Again. No offense to anyone. I would totally get the King Ranch if all the plastic pieces were black like they are on the expedition King Ranch
Not offended, everyone has their own preferences.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I looked through a lot of photos and review videos, and came to the decision because:it’s too orange for me. Reminds me of pumpkins. And I’m more on the OCD side, where stains or scuffs on the seats will bug me over time. Not to mention when you have that 1 person get in that gas oil on their clothes or something. Black will last and look better long term. Also, the truck is silver, black and orange, so orange kinda doesn’t mix well. After seeing the review video of the limited in iconic silver, I changed my color from star white to iconic silver today.

I mean no offense to anyone who ordered the King Ranch when I say this, but I just can’t bring myself to order a truck for $70,000 that has an interior color that closely resembles poop. This is just a personal thing. Again. No offense to anyone. I would totally get the King Ranch if all the plastic pieces were black like they are on the expedition King Ranch
That is some strange looking poop... Whahahaa

Well I'm not offended but I would have said something like, its just not my color preference. I guess I'm saying a more tactful way.

I would never own a black vehicle, not because I don't like how they look clean but because you can't keep them looking clean for more than a few minutes. Plus, in the SE here, it gets hot and black gets even hotter.

I won't say I don't like black because it looks like coal or oil or blends in with the road black top.

Just me I guess...

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
That is some strange looking poop... Whahahaa

Well I'm not offended but I would have said something like, its just not my color preference. I guess I'm saying a more tactful way.

I would never own a black vehicle, not because I don't like how they look clean but because you can't keep them looking clean for more than a few minutes. Plus, in the SE here, it gets hot and black gets even hotter.

I won't say I don't like black because it looks like coal or oil or blends in with the road black top.

Just me I guess...
what can I say? I’m a healthcare worker. I’m constantly surrounded by the stuff on some days ? I get that whole thing with black though. I don’t mind it on the interior but exterior is a solid NEVER for me. One Ford Focus in black was enough for me.

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
I've never been a fan of the KR interior. That is until this year's version. I saw it in person in Orlando during the drive event, and I have to tell you that leather is no longer "baby-poop brown", and is really striking. Along with the wood grain it makes for a really handsome interior.

i've gone back and forth between the build of a KR with all of the options I wanted and the Platinum, and eventually pulled the trigger on the Platinum in early September simply because at that time, it wasn't clear that the KR seats would have active motion (the Platinum does) and I hadn't seen the interior. Now that I know the KR DOES have active motion seats and the interior is as good looking as it is, I would switch my order, but I simply don't want to lose my place in line. I know, "first world problems". I did see the Carmelo on the Platinum and it was too orange for my taste.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I've never been a fan of the KR interior. That is until this year's version. I saw it in person in Orlando during the drive event, and I have to tell you that leather is no longer "baby-poop brown", and is really striking. Along with the wood grain it makes for a really handsome interior.

i've gone back and forth between the build of a KR with all of the options I wanted and the Platinum, and eventually pulled the trigger on the Platinum in early September simply because at that time, it wasn't clear that the KR seats would have active motion (the Platinum does) and I hadn't seen the interior. Now that I know the KR DOES have active motion seats and the interior is as good looking as it is, I would switch my order, but I simply don't want to lose my place in line. I know, "first world problems". I did see the Carmelo on the Platinum and it was too orange for my taste.
I love the KR interior and the dark brown leather this year, it very much matches the wife's 2014 QX60 interior with the wood and everything. She noted how good it is at hiding minor blemishes and dirt. We're going to be matchy-matchy!

needatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
New here. I’m interested in when the dealers initial orders will start to ship? Does the timing for this correspond to the OKTB date? Currybob’s information said that the OKTB date for Dearborn is tomorrow and 11/30 for Kansas City.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
New here. I’m interested in when the dealers initial orders will start to ship? Does the timing for this correspond to the OKTB date? Currybob’s information said that the OKTB date for Dearborn is tomorrow and 11/30 for Kansas City.
Welcome to the "Waiting Crew"!

It's my understanding that 'stock' orders for dealership inventories will start shipping as soon as OKTB has been achieved.

I will defer to @currybob for the definitive answer, but I'm more than hopeful that OKTB does indeed occur tomorrow so the stock truck I ordered will finally ship after sitting in Ford's lot since 10/27.

Ford F-150 (Nov 19) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints giphy

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Oh yea guys, the manager said, as long as they show Ford that the order was placed before the personal offer expired you want have any issue when you take delivery.
That’s awesome! I ordered through Albert and Granger Ford and for whatever reason their dealership won’t honor the personal offer if it’s delivered after expiration. Sucks big time.

Sponsored

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
That’s awesome! I ordered through Albert and Granger Ford and for whatever reason their dealership won’t honor the personal offer if it’s delivered after expiration. Sucks big time.
yeah my dealer is giving me the same problems. I’m going to put a little pressure and see if it works.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Here’s to hoping that OKTB is achieved tomorrow boys!
agreed, I’m starting to get impatient. Considering chartering a bus and maybe we can all go up to Dearborn and turn over some tables and start fires in the parking lot or something

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
agreed, I’m starting to get impatient. Considering chartering a bus and maybe we can all go up to Dearborn and turn over some tables and start fires in the parking lot or something
Isn't that kind of normal now days for the big cities? They probably wouldn't even notice the fires and tables turned over. We need to send CurryBob up there!!

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Pick me up, I'll go!
Sponsored