Sponsored

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
Realistically if they achieve OKTB this week. People (such as myself) who have placed retail orders that haven't been picked up yet (no vin assigned) should expect how about how long before they could expect delivery? Are we talking 6-8 weeks, 10-12 weeks, 12-14? I cannot see myself waiting until March or later of next year on a build when there are trucks scheduled to show up on a lot any day that are close enough to what I wanted. Can anyone chime in on what their opinion is?
Sponsored

Micelda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum; 2021 BMW X3
Realistically if they achieve OKTB this week. People (such as myself) who have placed retail orders that haven't been picked up yet (no vin assigned) should expect how about how long before they could expect delivery? Are we talking 6-8 weeks, 10-12 weeks, 12-14? I cannot see myself waiting until March or later of next year on a build when there are trucks scheduled to show up on a lot any day that are close enough to what I wanted. Can anyone chime in on what their opinion is?
Great question, that’s exactly my question. I just went back and forth with my dealer and he wasn’t able to provide a guess.

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
Great question, that’s exactly my question. I just went back and forth with my dealer and he wasn’t able to provide a guess.
If I had to guess based on everything I've read here - it would be closer to the 12-14 weeks since most of the time when you order a truck they say it could take 8-12 weeks. But since OKTB has not been achieved, I have to assume there is quite the backlog of retail orders that will need to go in and then you have to factor in dealer allocation, commodity shortages/restrictions and Covid - I'd put money that we are looking at March or later. At least that is what I am coming to the sad conclusion in my head. There is a truck I like that looks to be coming in on the first wave of deliveries in the next few weeks but not to my dealer. My dealer said he would not be able to negotiate a trade to get it because they won't have any 21's to trade back. So now I trying to figure out what to do.

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
I am a little new to using this site for a response so bear with me while I try and provide my experience with my dealer.

I placed an order last week for a Limited, Powerboost. I had a 2500$ certificate from Ford, 500$ cash and if I financed with Ford there would be another 1000$ off. They said that when I placed the order it Freezes the offers even the delivery went past the expiration date. They also said that if Ford added additional incentives I would be eligible to take advantage of them. Needless to say my fingers are crossed that all that happens. I hope all of that is true. I would also recommend you sit down with your dealer and confirm all of that. I have purchased 6 vehicles from this dealer and I also the owner is a personal friend as well as my salesman. Having said that the offers should be the same to orders placed within the expiration date.

Good Luck
Thanks for the reply. I actually spoke with a sales manager today. He just told me to come in and place my order before it expires and I will be fine.

Sponsored

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
First welcome to the Forum! Second, Roll Tide! Lol

I've heard similar and don't doubt it, I would still have it in writing on my purchase order. Also, not sure if they can on a stock order but probably a retail. Would be nice to know that.

Also
I found this cool video of the 2011 MY truck production, you can see what they are probably doing right now at Dearborn. Of course they would have on mask though.

But that 4x4 decal on your truck looks like it's Auburn blue. ?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Wait, is something wrong with the towing mirrors?
Nothing wrong with the towing mirrors. I actually saw them much closer in person on the F150 this week, and I came away not liking them. They look good on the superduty but are too big in proportion to the size of the F150. I don’t exactly tow either soooo....

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
What? I think the King Ranch and Carmelo are the best looking interiors.

s-l400.jpg.cf (1).jpg
I looked through a lot of photos and review videos, and came to the decision because:it’s too orange for me. Reminds me of pumpkins. And I’m more on the OCD side, where stains or scuffs on the seats will bug me over time. Not to mention when you have that 1 person get in that gas oil on their clothes or something. Black will last and look better long term. Also, the truck is silver, black and orange, so orange kinda doesn’t mix well. After seeing the review video of the limited in iconic silver, I changed my color from star white to iconic silver today.

I mean no offense to anyone who ordered the King Ranch when I say this, but I just can’t bring myself to order a truck for $70,000 that has an interior color that closely resembles poop. This is just a personal thing. Again. No offense to anyone. I would totally get the King Ranch if all the plastic pieces were black like they are on the expedition King Ranch
Sponsored