First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
What’s the latest on the work surface delay?
I did not get an update this week because Ford did not do any scheduling for the week. I did check some inventory online and notice several trucks that were built in the past couple weeks and many had the work surface option on them.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I hope OKTB is achieved soon. I’m too damn impatient. I sold my 13 platinum in September due to a very attractive offer and have been regretting it since. Driving a 2007 Kia Optima out hunting is about as fun as getting a lobotomy. o_O

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I hope OKTB is achieved soon. I’m too damn impatient. I sold my 13 platinum in September due to a very attractive offer and have been regretting it since. Driving a 2007 Kia Optima out hunting is about as fun as getting a lobotomy. o_O
A 13’ F150 Platty to an 07 Kia. Yea... I think I’d agree with you!

cconner9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 Chevy Tahoe Z71, 2004 Ford Five Hubdred
Occupation
CPA
Same here. Went to driving a 2004 ford five hundred every day. Just not the same to hunt out of.

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
I am the second listing on this sites tracking list (my order was on 8/5/20). I have been trying not to bug my dealer. I am driving my 2012 Infiniti G37s so my children were shocked that I bought a truck. How else are we going to travel for our pig hunt in the spring? :>)

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm driving my 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. While it is a blast to drive I am missing the He** out of my truck.

Seems like a common issue here, used car prices shot up and many of us went ahead and sold or traded out old vehicle and are not stuck waiting on the new one, not thinking it would have been this long a wait.

Sponsored

Bobert78

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape Titanium
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada. From a leased 2017 Silverado

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Currently driving a 1979 Chevy Silverado 4x4 after the lease expired on my 2017 Explorer Sport 10/21/20

Last edited:
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
How do you get one?
Make sure Ford has your email. Sigh up for brochures and updates. They are a regional thing but they hit a lot of regions.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is from my inside guy in the frame dept. He gets some stuff that is not official and some may be rumor mill but this is what he told me.

"No official word but it doesn't look good. They're is something going on and I don't have any concrete answers. Why they would go back on the OKTB 24 or so hours after they announced we would achieve it is beyond me. We had less problems changing over from steel to aluminum.

I will say this. I've looked at the largest dealers in my area and none of them have a retail order scheduled, and some stock orders aren't built yet and they were scheduled for last week. The good news out of all of my digging is there are stock units waiting to be shipped out of Kansas City. I'm hoping the floodgates open and the gas units so soon to get trucks on the lot. I think they are still working bugs out of the HEV.

I wish I could give you good news, but I can't."

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
This is from my inside guy in the frame dept. He gets some stuff that is not official and some may be rumor mill but this is what he told me.

"No official word but it doesn't look good. They're is something going on and I don't have any concrete answers. Why they would go back on the OKTB 24 or so hours after they announced we would achieve it is beyond me. We had less problems changing over from steel to aluminum.

I will say this. I've looked at the largest dealers in my area and none of them have a retail order scheduled, and some stock orders aren't built yet and they were scheduled for last week. The good news out of all of my digging is there are stock units waiting to be shipped out of Kansas City. I'm hoping the floodgates open and the gas units so soon to get trucks on the lot. I think they are still working bugs out of the HEV.

I wish I could give you good news, but I can't."
Maaaaaan, this sucks. Not the HEV!!! They should at least put an update out for expectation management. That would calm down a few of us.
Sponsored