Sponsored

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
So if I read everything correctly, once OKTB has been achieved, trucks will ship? Is this correct? Does this mean we should be seeing trucks on the lot any day now?
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
So if I read everything correctly, once OKTB has been achieved, trucks will ship? Is this correct? Does this mean we should be seeing trucks on the lot any day now?
If it has actually happened. No confirmation yet.

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
I'm looking to order my next truck as my lease is up in April but reading this forum I'm nervous I won't be able to take delivery by then :oops:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
How do you get an x plan?
The easiest was is to become a member of Mustang Club of America or the Experimental Aircraft Association. These organizations are allowed to participate in the X-plan program.

MCA starts at $25 a year and EAA is around $40 a year, I believe.

Once you join one of these groups, they will send you a membership card as well their code to logon to the Ford A/Z/X member website. From there you can generate a PIN number that a dealer can use to give you the discount.

The only other way is to purchase at least 100 shares of FoMoCo stock, and be a share holder for at least six months. As of the closing bell on 11/23, one share of Ford stock is going for $8.86. So, $886 to buy into the X-plan if you want to take that route.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I would seriously question your dealer, or at least get it in writing, in regards to honoring the PCO after 1/4/2021. Both of the local dealers in my area have said they can order a truck for me, but were 100% confident it would arrive after the PCO expiration and I would lose the PCO. Only way to get a 2021 and the PCO to take delivery of a truck on or before the 4th (ie: something on the lot).
Was able to confirm with a GM at one dealer and the Sales Mgr at another that the PCO can be locked in as long as the order is in by 1/4/21.

Ordered a KR with the X-plan, the $2500 PCO, and the $1800 incentives. Dealer fees capped at $100. If better incentives on delivery, can use them.

I attached a list of protected programs.

Ford F-150 (Nov 19) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 8.20.49 AM

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
That's outstanding! I wonder why there is so much inconsistency between dealerships?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
With all these delays and issues, I reached out to my dealer about the PCO. I ask him since things are so crazy and unpredictable, would there be a way to lock my PCO in, if my delivery goes past 4 Jan. He sent me this, so I guess there is a way to lock a PCO, as long as you vehicle is far enough along. I just hope of course it doesn't come to that.

"Since we have a VIN if we are running close we can run paperwork and report it so we can claim the Private Offer. I don't expect it to be delayed for length of time but we will reach out to Ford to ensure we are covered if it we get close."

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
With all these delays and issues, I reached out to my dealer about the PCO. I ask him since things are so crazy and unpredictable, would there be a way to lock my PCO in, if my delivery goes past 4 Jan. He sent me this, so I guess there is a way to lock a PCO, as long as you vehicle is far enough along. I just hope of course it doesn't come to that.

"Since we have a VIN if we are running close we can run paperwork and report it so we can claim the Private Offer. I don't expect it to be delayed for length of time but we will reach out to Ford to ensure we are covered if it we get close."
Good idea.

My dealer confirmed yesterday when I ordered that the PCO is locked as long as order is in before 1/4.
"I was checking with my representative from Ford Motor Credit to get a definite answer on the direct cash offer usage. I was informed that as long as the vehicle is ordered before the direct offer expires that the dealer can "lock" in the incentives. So, yes you can combine the direct offer with the current incentives on THE ORDER DATE. Those incentives will then be applied when the vehicle arrives and you take delivery. "
Another GM at a different dealer confirmed the same.

drewsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
From dealer:

We are still waiting to hear from Ford about the truck you ordered with the worksurface but, I did hear from Ford about the truck we ordered without the worksurface which was an exact twin for the truck you ordered other than that one feature. The VIN on that truck is XXXXXXXX, it is scheduled to be built on the 7th of next month and if all goes according to plan, it should be here by the end of the year.​
Do I wait?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good idea.

My dealer confirmed yesterday when I ordered that the PCO is locked as long as order is in before 1/4.

Another GM at a different dealer confirmed the same.
Well, what I'm talking about is if it even comes after 4 Jan. dealer will honor the PCO. While that should not even be possible with a truck that has been built for 2 weeks, things are getting a bit sketchy. Thinking worst case here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
From dealer:

We are still waiting to hear from Ford about the truck you ordered with the worksurface but, I did hear from Ford about the truck we ordered without the worksurface which was an exact twin for the truck you ordered other than that one feature. The VIN on that truck is XXXXXXXX, it is scheduled to be built on the 7th of next month and if all goes according to plan, it should be here by the end of the year.​
Do I wait?
It's possible I guess but to Cal... I don't think so. If you have a PCO you might want to get them to say they will still honor it in writing.

If that is a retail order, put the VIN in the Ford tracker and check the info

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I wonder why there are such discrepancies between dealers?

drewsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It's possible I guess but to Cal... I don't think so. If you have a PCO you might want to get them to say they will still honor it in writing.

If that is a retail order, put the VIN in the Ford tracker and check the info
What's a PCO?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles