First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
I got some additional good news today. Looks like mine was sent to plant and in production now. Depending on line speed 16 or so hours later, she will be born! Whoop whoop!:love:

Dealer says worst average is 3 weeks to delivery, best average 10 days.

1605113611464.png

1605113646791.jpeg
Did your dealer give you all this info of where to track it etc? Last I was told my order hasn't been picked up by Ford through their ordering system
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Did your dealer give you all this info of where to track it etc? Last I was told my order hasn't been picked up by Ford through their ordering system
He did and I had found some ways to track it once you get a VIN.

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
So if I re-add work surface will it delay my order?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
It depends. They appear to be on limited availability by region, so the answer is “it depends”. I would ask your dealer and hope they know exactly what their are doing.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I felt like work surface held mine up for weeks, but my old order (platinum) got picked up last thursday and I let my dealer allocate it for someone else because I am switching to king ranch with same options. I feel like I will be stuck waiting forever now but ultimately there is no urgency I am just being whiny.

Point is, there seems to be lots of luck involved. If you don't mind keeping multiple dealerships strung along, you can order at multiple since it is just their stock inventory and then let the others know you changed mind or whatever, it shouldn't hurt them any.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I felt like work surface held mine up for weeks, but my old order (platinum) got picked up last thursday and I let my dealer allocate it for someone else because I am switching to king ranch with same options. I feel like I will be stuck waiting forever now but ultimately there is no urgency I am just being whiny.

Point is, there seems to be lots of luck involved. If you don't mind keeping multiple dealerships strung along, you can order at multiple since it is just their stock inventory and then let the others know you changed mind or whatever, it shouldn't hurt them any.
Hang in there Terry, the damn is starting to break.

We were all real early with these orders. Once parts are flowing it will get back to normal soon.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Hang in there Terry, the damn is starting to break.

We were all real early with these orders. Once parts are flowing it will get back to normal soon.
Mine was entered in mid Sept at priority 20 and that (last thursday) was the only positive news I ever got. Took me a lot of self control to not just accept the old build haha

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
So you figured out tracking on a stock order with a vin...?

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Just looked through all the platinums within 100 miles coming to various dealerships. About 75% of them roughly have the interior work surface. Zero have Carmelo leather.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Just looked through all the platinums within 100 miles coming to various dealerships. About 75% of them roughly have the interior work surface. Zero have Carmelo leather.
We sure have Star White overkill on the platinums up here! Did you see that beast coming to Future? Includes tow mirrors and 6.5' box, I bet someone wants to do some 5th wheel towing and ordered it.

Also we sure are scarce on King Ranch here too. For fun I put some cities in the south and boy oh boy are there plenty. I didn't realize they don't sell well here (my conclusion based on how dealers aren't ordering many).

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
We sure have Star White overkill on the platinums up here! Did you see that beast coming to Future? Includes tow mirrors and 6.5' box, I bet someone wants to do some 5th wheel towing and ordered it.

Also we sure are scarce on King Ranch here too. For fun I put some cities in the south and boy oh boy are there plenty. I didn't realize they don't sell well here (my conclusion based on how dealers aren't ordering many).
Did you find any KR you like or would buy?
Yeah Star White is a popular one. Though I am having seriously second thoughts on getting mine is star white. Carbonized Grey and Iconic silver are calling my name. I had a while truck before and it felt... boring? Idk. Not sure if changing the color takes away my place in line.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So you figured out tracking on a stock order with a vin...?
Well to some degree, You need input from you dealer and once you have a VIN you can check inventory lists for you zip code.

Find your truck and when it is a few days from being built the window sticker option will work.

Most eastern half states can expect delivery within 3 weeks.

The order tracking list on this site will help those after our orders. Takes deliveries and data to show what the trend is.

Retail orders should be getting VINs assigned even if the build date is way out there. It use to be 3 months was about as far out as it would go. I'm guessing it is still the same now.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah Star White is a popular one. Though I am having seriously second thoughts on getting mine is star white. Carbonized Grey and Iconic silver are calling my name. I had a while truck before and it felt... boring? Idk. Not sure if changing the color takes away my place in line.
I really like white vehicles, Not as hot here in the SE and they don't show dirt as bad as darker colors. White is actually the hardest paint, due to the pigments.

If you don't have a VIN yet I don't think changing the color sets you back at all.

I made a change to mine even after the VIN had been assigned and it took.

Scheduled date stayed the same for awhile but it did move a few weeks later. I believe that would happened anyway due to production issues.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I really like my silver Tacoma, but it has all black interior. The carmelo stripe in the Unique Black interior of the Platinum has me questioning my color choices. I just don't like an interior/exterior combo that doesn't compliment. All black would have matched up with everything, black with carmelo accent, not so much. I know it is personal preference, and it doesn't bother everyone, but it bothers me.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I really like my silver Tacoma, but it has all black interior. The carmelo stripe in the Unique Black interior of the Platinum has me questioning my color choices. I just don't like an interior/exterior combo that doesn't compliment. All black would have matched up with everything, black with carmelo accent, not so much. I know it is personal preference, and it doesn't bother everyone, but it bothers me.
Yeah, I have to kind of agree with you, not my taste.

I'm more of earth tone color person, guess that is why I love the KR so much. I have all black in my Hellcat and it is fine but wish I had gotten the brown leather color.

The problem was the photos made it look too orange. When I finally saw one in person, I was like, CRAP! I really liked it but I'm fine with the black just liked the brown better.

I like my wife's Lexus interior, has bamboo real wood accents. This photo gives it more orange than it really is.
Ford F-150 (Nov 10) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 20200403_124643

Ford F-150 (Nov 10) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 20200403_124650
Sponsored