Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
After 5 failed attempts I was finally able
To successfully install 2.8.1. For me the trick was to allow the trickle charger to completely recharge the battery (13+ volts) then I kept the charger on during the download. I didn’t realize the touchscreen stayed on during the entire process no wonder you need a fully charged battery. I had a volt meter hooked up during the entire process and it held between 12.7 - 12.9 volts the entire time. I noticed on the other attempts if it dropped below 12v the update would fail. Just to confirm I’m just one update away from Bluecruise?

platinum17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
After 5 failed attempts I was finally able
To successfully install 2.8.1. For me the trick was to allow the trickle charger to completely recharge the battery (13+ volts) then I kept the charger on during the download. I didn’t realize the touchscreen stayed on during the entire process no wonder you need a fully charged battery. I had a volt meter hooked up during the entire process and it held between 12.7 - 12.9 volts the entire time. I noticed on the other attempts if it dropped below 12v the update would fail. Just to confirm I’m just one update away from Bluecruise?
Congrats! You are correct the next update 2.8.2 will fully activate Bluecruise. It's not nearly as large as 2.8.1 and will not require the truck to be "unavailable". Hope you get it soon.

Woods22250

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum, 2022 Explorer
Good morning all,
This is my first post, however, I have been following the forums for a couple of months since I bought my truck. Love the truck BTW! I have two questions.

1. Why does it take so long (3 days avg) for the update notification to disappear in Ford pass app? I cannot get another update until it does, so is there a way to clear them after they appear?
2. I am currently on 2.7.4, and since it downloaded on Monday, adaptive CC turns off after each key cycle. Is this normal?

platinum17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Good morning all,
This is my first post, however, I have been following the forums for a couple of months since I bought my truck. Love the truck BTW! I have two questions.

1. Why does it take so long (3 days avg) for the update notification to disappear in Ford pass app? I cannot get another update until it does, so is there a way to clear them after they appear?
2. I am currently on 2.7.4, and since it downloaded on Monday, adaptive CC turns off after each key cycle. Is this normal?
First off welcome aboard!
I've noticed the same thing on the update notifications. It's normally between 2 and 3 days before it disappears. I'm pretty sure that it's up to Ford to clear that message and there is really no way to clear them other than wait. As for the adaptive CC, I can't really answer that one.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good Morning and welcome!
I haven’t seen that issue either but I’m betting it will go away with one of your upcoming updates as you get closer to Bluecruise. I still dont think Ford has all the bugs worked out on these OTA updates. I’ve had some weird things happen as well and they always go away after the next update.

Good morning all,

OP
OP
Bo15

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Just got 2.8.3 yesterday! Seems after I got the big one 2.8.1, the last 2 were every other day.

Woods22250

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info. This forum is a great resource of shared knowledge.

platinum17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Just got 2.8.3 yesterday! Seems after I got the big one 2.8.1, the last 2 were every other day.
Same here, just received 2.8.3. Looks like we are finally up to date.

Woods22250

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks to some posts I read, at lunch I deleted the scheduled update time and set it to . At 230 I got a notice on the widget a new update was available. By 330, 2.8.1 was installed. So, I am almost there. Bc is not active but hopefully it will be by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Adaptice cc issue cleared up with this update. I Still have other issues that I am researching, like how to turn bed cam on while moving forward and why I don't have adaptive lighting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bo15

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good morning all,

1 yes it stays there way too long. I did get 2.8.3 and notification about a day after the 2.8.2 notification. I looked at it thinking it was still 2.8.2 not but it said 2.8.3. Surprised.

2. I saw the Adap CC switch itself off between starts a few times during this process. I think it’ll go away as you graduate to the 2.8.x’s.

welcome!

OP
OP
Bo15

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks to some posts I read, at lunch I deleted the scheduled update time and set it to . At 230 I got a notice on the widget a new update was available. By 330, 2.8.1 was installed. So, I am almost there. Bc is not active but hopefully it will be by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Adaptice cc issue cleared up with this update. I Still have other issues that I am researching, like how to turn bed cam on while moving forward and why I don't have adaptive lighting.
Full up bed cam didn’t completely work until 2.8.3. Had partial use w 2.8.2

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
Congrats! You are correct the next update 2.8.2 will fully activate Bluecruise. It's not nearly as large as 2.8.1 and will not require the truck to be "unavailable". Hope you get it soon.
I have 2.8.2 on my F150 Limited and still no BC

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Full up bed cam didn’t completely work until 2.8.3. Had partial use w 2.8.2
so you can see your bed while driving with 2.8.3? If not I sure hope this happens eventually as I want to stare at my gas cans and other junk when hauling stuff to make sure they don’t fall over.
Sponsored