Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
How's your battery voltage?
In FordPass Wig it shows 12. Used to show 13, but my truck has 38,000 miles so it is due for a battery to die. Lol.

I’ll hook to trickle charger and see if that allows the update. Im trying to figure out how people are to get OTA updates, if their new truck can’t maintain 12v battery voltage.

Sure wish the battery was still covered under the 36k bumper to bumper.
Sponsored

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
Make sure the negative from the charger isn’t on the battery neg terminal. Should be to a ground.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Ok update on the 2.8.1 hangup.

My truck was just recently updated from the version that caused the screen backlight to remain on, which was causing the truck to go to low power mode after a couple hours.

Prior to the constant batter drains of Ford’s flawed OTA update, my truck would remain at 13 volts in the fordpass widget for a long time before dropping down to 12. Currently, the truck dips to 12 volts shortly after engine off.

I’ve gathered that the “battery drain bug” damaged my battery causing it to drop below the required voltage for the 2.8.1 update 3 out of 4 tries.

Drove the truck, lights off, for 60 miles. Turned accessories off (media, air, pro power, etc) on the last couple miles, and then manually tried update 4th time.

FordPass Widget showed 13 volts after engine off, but before update actually began. The update succeeded, and right after checking fordpass widget, I noticed that the voltage had indeed dropped to 12 volts after the update, but before cranking the truck.

Gotta say. Keep eyes on road makes me and my lovely wife furious.

So, Ford sold me a truck, and now I’m just supposed to live with this annoyance every 5 seconds. The dang thing does it with my Wife, even if her eyes are on the road. This is a flipping JOKE!

Best thing is, my truck is out of factory Warranty.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok update on the 2.8.1 hangup.

My truck was just recently updated from the version that caused the screen backlight to remain on, which was causing the truck to go to low power mode after a couple hours.

Prior to the constant batter drains of Ford’s flawed OTA update, my truck would remain at 13 volts in the fordpass widget for a long time before dropping down to 12. Currently, the truck dips to 12 volts shortly after engine off.

I’ve gathered that the “battery drain bug” damaged my battery causing it to drop below the required voltage for the 2.8.1 update 3 out of 4 tries.

Drove the truck, lights off, for 60 miles. Turned accessories off (media, air, pro power, etc) on the last couple miles, and then manually tried update 4th time.

FordPass Widget showed 13 volts after engine off, but before update actually began. The update succeeded, and right after checking fordpass widget, I noticed that the voltage had indeed dropped to 12 volts after the update, but before cranking the truck.

Gotta say. Keep eyes on road makes me and my lovely wife furious.

So, Ford sold me a truck, and now I’m just supposed to live with this annoyance every 5 seconds. The dang thing does it with my Wife, even if her eyes are on the road. This is a flipping JOKE!

Best thing is, my truck is out of factory Warranty.
With sun glasses on or off? Mine with no glasses rarely alerts me even looking around trying to get an alert. With sun glasses on much more sensitive but still not every 5 seconds.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
At night, so no sunglasses. Truck had 37k dust on the sensors, so maybe that is what was the problem.

When my better half was driving, at night, it alerted her many times to look at the road. No glasses, no sun glasses. She was looking at the road though.

So, the 2.8.2 update went on the next day after 4-5 engine cycles. Now I have bluecruise.

I am impressed with bluecruise so far. 15 miles of i65 was 100% bluecruise hands free. Ate my burger while using bluecruise. Nice.

Sponsored

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
So, this should be interesting: Took truck in Monday May 16th for recall 22S17 (Trailer Brake Controller reprogram), and service advisor(good and knowledgeable guy), said we have another one for you (we know it's not a "recall", but a CSP): we're going to need it for up to 3 days, to program your Bluecruise! I replied, you can have it for 2 weeks, as I'm off to Fiji scuba diving. Luckily as a former dealer management employee in the Windsor Ford dealer network, I know and trust these guys (I have a 22 or 23? Tremor on order here also). So they will pick it up and deliver back to my house with spare key. told him there had been elevated OTA activity, recently, and about this web forum. Currently at 2.7.1 so hopefully, it will go well. They've already successfully done 2 others, so fingers X'ed!

OP
OP
Bo15

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Just got 2.7.1 today! Making progress this week OTA 2.3.0 to 2.6.0 to 2.7.1

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
So, this should be interesting: Took truck in Monday May 16th for recall 22S17 (Trailer Brake Controller reprogram), and service advisor(good and knowledgeable guy), said we have another one for you (we know it's not a "recall", but a CSP): we're going to need it for up to 3 days, to program your Bluecruise! I replied, you can have it for 2 weeks, as I'm off to Fiji scuba diving. Luckily as a former dealer management employee in the Windsor Ford dealer network, I know and trust these guys (I have a 22 or 23? Tremor on order here also). So they will pick it up and deliver back to my house with spare key. told him there had been elevated OTA activity, recently, and about this web forum. Currently at 2.7.1 so hopefully, it will go well. They've already successfully done 2 others, so fingers X'ed!
Update: BC update done by dealer, and it works! Face tracker cameras seem a little over sensitive and trying to find best head motion to cancel "keep eyes on road warning". Also Sync version is still 2.7..1. Wondering if further OTA updates will fine tune the BlueCruise? I'd be interested to hear of others with successful BC updates.

Sponsored

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: BC update done by dealer, and it works! Face tracker cameras seem a little over sensitive and trying to find best head motion to cancel "keep eyes on road warning". Also Sync version is still 2.7..1. Wondering if further OTA updates will fine tune the BlueCruise? I'd be interested to hear of others with successful BC updates.
My eye tracker works good. I can look around right to left with sun glasses and no warning. Looking down is more sensitive but not overly for me.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
My eye tracker works good. I can look around right to left with sun glasses and no warning. Looking down is more sensitive but not overly for me.
What sync version are you on? I’m hoping later versions, than my 2.7.1 through OTA updates will add some polishing to the face tracker. I’m curious why they disabled the tachometer in the IPD when BC is active. Not a critical issue, but odd, nevertheless.

OP
OP
Bo15

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
2.7.1. for about 3 weeks. Trailer brake OTA on 6/2. I want more!
Sponsored