Noise underneath steering wheel

Dph187

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Purchased a new F-150 about a week ago and just noticed a rattle underneath the steering wheel when hitting bumps in the road at low speeds. Anyone else experience this issue?
Sponsored

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
As long as it’s repeatable and demonsrateable, you should be able to get the dealer to take care of it.

OP
OP

Dph187

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
As long as it’s repeatable and demonsrateable, you should be able to get the dealer to take care of it.
I looked underneath the steering wheel and the foot vent was pretty loose. I tightened it up and drove around for a bit and couldn’t replicate the noise. Hoping it solved it. Strange thou for the foot vent to be like that

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
I looked underneath the steering wheel and the foot vent was pretty loose. I tightened it up and drove around for a bit and couldn’t replicate the noise. Hoping it solved it. Strange thou for the foot vent to be like that
Can you send a picture of the screw you tightened? I think I may have the same issue. Thanks.

Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gearhead!
It’s just behind the gas pedal. Grab a 7mm socket and ratchet. I got about 1.5 turns on the fastener

9E917AAB-D94D-404A-A5AF-DA4B01896C07.jpeg
Appreciate it.

Seems like alot of loose fuses and bolts on my truck so far... Very happy I'm on this forum.

OP
OP

Dph187

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Appreciate it.

Seems like alot of loose fuses and bolts on my truck so far... Very happy I'm on this forum.
Have you had any issues with a rattle coming from your driver side or passenger side door panels?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Have you had any issues with a rattle coming from your driver side or passenger side door panels?
I have noticed that now it is getting colder the rattles have shown up in the doors. Truck going into the dealer on the 29th for a cold draft on the passengers side and will have them look into the rattles.

OP
OP

Dph187

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have noticed that now it is getting colder the rattles have shown up in the doors. Truck going into the dealer on the 29th for a cold draft on the passengers side and will have them look into the rattles.
I had to remove the mirror cover on each side, tighten up the door panels and put some insulating tape around the perimeter of the mirror cover to cushion the noise. Seems like a common issue with the trucks

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I had to remove the mirror cover on each side, tighten up the door panels and put some insulating tape around the perimeter of the mirror cover to cushion the noise. Seems like a common issue with the trucks
I will let the dealer fix it for now. Want to get my moneys worth out of the warranty. I also work right beside the dealer so I take in when I am working. ;)

Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gearhead!
Yeah I did those fixes as well as seating all of my fuses and re-attaching insulation that was rubbing on ny driveshaft in reverse.

OP
OP

Dph187

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Yeah I did those fixes as well as seating all of my fuses and re-attaching insulation that was rubbing on ny driveshaft in reverse.
Didn’t know there was a fuse issue too. I’ll have to check that out today, thanks for the heads up on that

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel

Ford has quality control issue. Picked up my truck yesterday, one speaker is making ping sound even when truck is turned off, very pool quality control.
Sponsored