First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I have a tiny 1 Amp battery tender from when I owned a motorcycle, I want a larger one that's better for cars/trucks and also good for the Truck.

Today on Cyber Monday these two are on sale and I have seen both talked about on this forum.

Edit: I should have linked them from the start.
Clore Pro-logic PL2320 25% off today ($66.93)
Noco Genius 10 40% off today. ($74.95)

Anyone have either and have some pros or cons?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Last edited:

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I have a Genius 10 to charge my 120ah lithium in my toyhauler and it's a nice piece of gear. Well built, easy to use, informative website, has dedicated AGM (for truck) and lithium settings, seems trustworthy. Funny you mention it - I've had it connected to my truck overnight recently to keep OTA updates from failing due to low voltage (temps in the teens here). The OTA fairy hasn't visited in the last several weeks, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
I have a Genius 10 to charge my 120ah lithium in my toyhauler and it's a nice piece of gear. Well built, easy to use, informative website, has dedicated AGM (for truck) and lithium settings, seems trustworthy. Funny you mention it - I've had it connected to my truck overnight recently to keep OTA updates from failing due to low voltage (temps in the teens here). The OTA fairy hasn't visited in the last several weeks, though.
Thanks for the feedback on that unit. To be honest it's the one I'm leaning towards, I like the smaller form factor. Seems like the PL2320 might have slightly more features, but I don't know if I really need all that.

tsloms

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon 2022 F150
Occupation
Supervisor
I have the Genius 10 as well due to a Lithium battery but it works amazing on all batteries. You won't go wrong with that one.

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I just picked up the genius 5 for use with our camper. I believe it should work with the truck too, just going to take longer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
Thanks for the replies. I think I want the noco, it's more expensive to begin with and the discount is huge today.

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
I have a question for those with the noco 10.

My truck is pretty new, 2 months old, less than 1000 miles. Granted most of my trips are short and I know that's not great for the battery, but today I hooked up the Nono 10 mainly to try and get any updates I have pending, and it shows the battery is less than 25% charged. After an hour it still showed less than 25% charged. I find that a little hard to believe for a brand new battery that although I am in North Dakota, my truck lives in a heated garage.

I did connect it correctly as well, with the negative terminal on the correct side of the BMS.

Is this expected behavior? Could my battery actually be under 25% charge with no warnings going off?

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I just picked up my new Platinum last Friday. I put 100 miles on it Saturday and hooked up the charger on Sunday. The battery showed 55% charge. I couldn’t believe it was that low. It took a few hours for full change at 10 amps.

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
I just picked up my new Platinum last Friday. I put 100 miles on it Saturday and hooked up the charger on Sunday. The battery showed 55% charge. I couldn’t believe it was that low. It took a few hours for full change at 10 amps.
Well dang, I guess I'll give it more time and check on it periodically,

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
So oddly enough I checked on it after about 4 hours and it was illuminating the icon for battery error. So I disconnected it and reconnected it and within 5 minutes it's now showing fully charged and on standby.
Sponsored