NOCO 10 with a Duralast Platinum Battery - not charging

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
My battery is a Duralast Platinum which a installed just a few months. When I hookup the NOCO 10 to the Duralast and set it to 12V AGM the 25% Red LED blinks and then the standby LED blinks - alternating back and forth. At first I thought the battery might just be very low (which is odd since it is so new), so I left it over night but the charge didn't go up at all. I checked google and reddit for anyone else who has seen this behavior but couldn't find anything. I also tried Force Mode but that doesn't appear to have any effect either. BTW, the truck runs just fine so the battery can't be that bad.

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Ford F-150 NOCO 10 with a Duralast Platinum Battery - not charging IMG_2445

Sponsored

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
I have the same charger. and it works fine (I have the stock battery). I assume you set it to AGM. I originally thought you had it connected to the truck and thought you may be charging it wrong but I just noticed it isn't connected at all. Maybe it's in repair mode? Read the manual about how to get it out of that mode. https://www.manua.ls/noco/genius-10/manual

Last edited:

Borchelt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I also have a Powerboost with a new Duralast Platinum battery. As the above video implies, make sure you have the Neg, connected to the BMS module and not the battery terminal itself. Here's my earlier post on that.

Added a NOCO Genius 10 charger permanent battery connect. I hate having to route an extension cord, open the hood and deal with positioning the clamps and then unhooking. I added a NOCO permanent battery connection and NOCO extension routed to the driver's side since that is closest to the workbench outlets. Hate having cords on the floor. When connecting to the battery, make sure you connect the black (neg) eyelet above the BMS module as shown by green arrow. If you connect to the negative terminal on the battery directly, it will bypass the BMS - Red Arrow. Might do a custom job and route the charger connection out through the fender XLT badge for a cleaner look and totally out of the weather. The end cap should protect it for now (garage kept) until I get some time for a custom fab.

Ford F-150 NOCO 10 with a Duralast Platinum Battery - not charging aphic_5a2f2f5fe314d4d3b83fbf0df06786df7cf54028-

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
My battery is a Duralast Platinum which a installed just a few months. When I hookup the NOCO 10 to the Duralast and set it to 12V AGM the 25% Red LED blinks and then the standby LED blinks - alternating back and forth. At first I thought the battery might just be very low (which is odd since it is so new), so I left it over night but the charge didn't go up at all. I checked google and reddit for anyone else who has seen this behavior but couldn't find anything. I also tried Force Mode but that doesn't appear to have any effect either. BTW, the truck runs just fine so the battery can't be that bad.
The video you attached is very illustrative - you've got a tough one to figure out! I'm kind of a fan of the NOCO chargers, and I have quite a few. And in the past I had an issue that I just could not figure out and had to contact NOCO support. I'm pleased to say that they were responsive and helped me figure out the issue (a fuse was not fully seated).

I kept the communication with NOCO support, and have posted part of it here, as it may be applicable to your situation:

"If the Standby LED is illuminated, this means that the charger is in Standby mode due to it not recognizing that it is connected to a battery. This can happen when there is no battery connected to the charger, if the voltage on the battery is lower than the recognition threshold (1V), if the connection to the battery is faulty, or if the inline fuse is faulty or loose in the fuse housing. "

The fact that your charger indicator lights are actually cycling between Standby and 25%, makes me wonder if there is not a loose connection (including an issue with the fuse) somewhere. Isolating the battery as you have (bypassing BMS) I think is a good idea for this specific troubleshooting exercise. Outside of that, I have no other ideas other than to contact NOCO support. Good luck!
Sponsored