No VIN Club

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
ordered 3/27 - no VIN - after 5 attempts to get my order # from the dealer I was given a 4 digit NUMERIC ONLY number yesterday, which I understand is bogus (they are supposed to be alphanumeric).

In fact, I don't believe there IS an order number, and I'm not sure I want this truck after all the complaining I've read from folks posting on the internet.

The 13 year old Jeep I'm driving now is a bird-in-hand. The new Powerboost is vaporware to me.
Sponsored

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
Order number can be all numbers.. my dealer sets order numbers by the customers last 4 digits of there phone number

Krimzonspider

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150 (someday)
I would ask outright. Let them know you're educated about the process and they can't get away with not being honest with you. I would say:
  • "Please give me an order number so I can use Ford's official customer tracker." They should have given you the "Preview Order" sheet. Did you give them a deposit? If so I would be even more forceful. If not, find a dealer who will take your deposit, otherwise I'd be worried they'll just sell to the highest bidder when it arrives
  • "If it's scheduled, please give me the VIN". If it's not scheduled, ask how many orders they have unscheduled ahead of yours at the same or higher priority.
  • "Every 2 weeks, please send me the Vehicle Visibility report so I can stay informed"
  • If any of the answers to that is still wishy washy, then I would say "I'm just not sure that the vehicle is scheduled - perhaps you don't have the allocation yet? If that's the case, please either re-prioritise my order so that Ford will pick it up when you said it had already, or let me know so that I can be aware of the reason for delay"
Let us know how you do.
I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease!

I received my VIN today. Thanks for the advise petemill! And to answer the one question you had, yes I did put a deposit on it.

FLblue22

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 xlt
I wanted to see who is in the same boat as me with order placed on January 28, 2021 and not VIN, no Build Date.
Holy crap! I thought mine was bad… 8/25/2021. No info, nada. I moved on and put a deposit down on a truck in transit.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
ordered 3/27 - no VIN - after 5 attempts to get my order # from the dealer I was given a 4 digit NUMERIC ONLY number yesterday, which I understand is bogus (they are supposed to be alphanumeric).

In fact, I don't believe there IS an order number, and I'm not sure I want this truck after all the complaining I've read from folks posting on the internet.

The 13 year old Jeep I'm driving now is a bird-in-hand. The new Powerboost is vaporware to me.
My order number is 4 digits. The sales code starts with an F followed by 5 numberz

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered on 4/17 and was told not to expect a vin for a month with the truck in two. The more I read, the more I realize that is likely not going to be the case selling my truck based on that timeline was a poor idea ?
Late to post.. but i would not do business with that dealer.

This is order #5 for. The fastest i ever received a vehicle is 3 months. And that was well before covid and brain dead in office.

Nitemair

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 pending ,2010f150 1976,1966,1962,1952f10
Occupation
Us post office
Ordered in aug 21, no vin, still waiting but i have noticed a lot of the vehicles for sale on the lots have a green window sticker, which if i understand it right means is was a custom order. I guess a lot of people have cancelled their orders out of frustation and The dealer still wins. They sell the vehicle at a higher price
Sponsored