First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Designer
I wanted to see who is in the same boat as me with order placed on January 28, 2021 and not VIN, no Build Date.
Sponsored

Tucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
I don't have a VIN, But I re-ordered just last week (long story but was a dealer issue)

Honestly... I would be worried if the dealer actually put the order in... you have a order number? What priority code did they put you at?

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I heard some dealers have a number of allotments on truck orders. Depending on the size of dealer and prior orders some dealerships may have priority over other dealerships in respect to truck orders. Not sure if there’s any truth to this, but nowadays its a possibility. if dont have a VIN after months of waiting, I’d contact the dealer to dig into the issue. hopefully dealer will cut u a break on price or toss in a few accessories to make up for ur long wait time.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Winter was a time of high covid rates, I wouldnt be surprised if ur order got lost in the wake of new orders. so many orders piled in during the yr, one or two could get put in the bottom by accident. Sorry for the long wait times, no one should not have a vin at least. i would have cancelled by now If I were in ur shoes.

OP
OP
spawner

spawner

First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Designer
To top it off my brother placed an order for the truck as well same day and got his. Only difference is, he added moon roof and different colour. I have been in talks with dealership and Ford Customer Service Manager, so they see my order just no VIN.
> By the way his truck looks great!

Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
My order was submitted March 22nd (or earlier I ordered it a couple weeks before this)

no vin yet.

Moto_775

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Occupation
Portfolio Manager
I ordered on 4/17 and was told not to expect a vin for a month with the truck in two. The more I read, the more I realize that is likely not going to be the case selling my truck based on that timeline was a poor idea ?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I ordered on 4/17 and was told not to expect a vin for a month with the truck in two. The more I read, the more I realize that is likely not going to be the case selling my truck based on that timeline was a poor idea ?
I have my VIN but yes, it did take a Month before I got it.... another month after that for the truck? Likely in a normal year and not unheard of this year... but unlikely.

Nicperron

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
ordered march 10th and still no vin.
lariat 5.5 2.7 EB agate back
sports
FX4 w 20 rims
drop in bed liner
tow mirrors
active 2.0 prep

narumysore

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am from NJ and dealers from NJ didn’t want to take my order for a custom build. I ended up dealing with a dealer right next to Dearborn (I figured that he can jump the wall and get my truck!! Jk).
Dealer says he placed the order on 5/10.
I am hoping that Santa brings my truck to me in December!
Platinum PB, Spray Liner, Work Surface, Max Recline.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
My dealer gave me my scheduled build date but said there was no VIN. I now know that's impossible as it's the vehicles ID. I obtained the VIN through other means.

either my dealer was lazy or didn't want to give it to me to track on my own...

New2F-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Infiniti G37xS
My dealer gave me my scheduled build date but said there was no VIN. I now know that's impossible as it's the vehicles ID. I obtained the VIN through other means.

either my dealer was lazy or didn't want to give it to me to track on my own...
Same scenario here. Ordered on April 3. My dealer reached out to say the anticipated build week would be 6/14, but still no VIN. How did you go about finding your VIN?

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Same scenario here. Ordered on April 3. My dealer reached out to say the anticipated build week would be 6/14, but still no VIN. How did you go about finding your VIN?
Another ford employee. I would go back to the dealer and say that you understand that all vehicles that are scheduled with a build week have their VIN and could you please have it so you can use the ford vehicle tracker at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

Krimzonspider

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150 (someday)
I'm also in the no VIN club. I ordered my truck on 4/8/21. Every time I contact the dealer my salesman and the sales manager tell that the vehicle has been scheduled. I ask what this means and I receive a wishy-washy answer. They have no dates, no VIN, no nothing to relay to me. I ask to have my order number(I forgot to look when I ordered ?) and they skirt around it and tell me that it doesn't matter at this point since it's "scheduled".

I'm a fairly patient person and I understand there is a long wait for these vehicles. I also feel bad for those stuck in ramp 59 limbo. But I'm getting annoyed to see so many people with order dates after me receiving VINs.

At this point I'm starting to think I got a bad order number or the dealership doesn't have allocation for my particular truck.

Has this scenario played out similar for others? Am I really stuck in some sort of scheduling pre VIN void? Or is it normal to now wait over a month for a VIN?

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
I'm also in the no VIN club. I ordered my truck on 4/8/21. Every time I contact the dealer my salesman and the sales manager tell that the vehicle has been scheduled. I ask what this means and I receive a wishy-washy answer. They have no dates, no VIN, no nothing to relay to me. I ask to have my order number(I forgot to look when I ordered ?) and they skirt around it and tell me that it doesn't matter at this point since it's "scheduled".

I'm a fairly patient person and I understand there is a long wait for these vehicles. I also feel bad for those stuck in ramp 59 limbo. But I'm getting annoyed to see so many people with order dates after me receiving VINs.

At this point I'm starting to think I got a bad order number or the dealership doesn't have allocation for my particular truck.

Has this scenario played out similar for others? Am I really stuck in some sort of scheduling pre VIN void? Or is it normal to now wait over a month for a VIN?
I would ask outright. Let them know you're educated about the process and they can't get away with not being honest with you. I would say:
  • "Please give me an order number so I can use Ford's official customer tracker." They should have given you the "Preview Order" sheet. Did you give them a deposit? If so I would be even more forceful. If not, find a dealer who will take your deposit, otherwise I'd be worried they'll just sell to the highest bidder when it arrives
  • "If it's scheduled, please give me the VIN". If it's not scheduled, ask how many orders they have unscheduled ahead of yours at the same or higher priority.
  • "Every 2 weeks, please send me the Vehicle Visibility report so I can stay informed"
  • If any of the answers to that is still wishy washy, then I would say "I'm just not sure that the vehicle is scheduled - perhaps you don't have the allocation yet? If that's the case, please either re-prioritise my order so that Ford will pick it up when you said it had already, or let me know so that I can be aware of the reason for delay"
Let us know how you do.
Sponsored

Last edited: