Sponsored

No updates being received

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Yup, updates are non-existent, which really defeats the purpose of over the air. If you're putting it on trucks on the lot it should be available over the air, period.
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I don't have the truck set up on wifi or for special schedule for downloads. I received the FordPower-up 1.7.1 software update today. I received the notification while I was in a store and the truck out in the parking lot. I think this is the 3rd ota I've received. Lucky I guess....

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
Literally reading this thread, logged onto ford.com and saw the notification online of a successful update to 2.1.0. Won’t get a chance to check it out in the truck until after a business trip this week.

KevinP

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Bought my PB platinum in April or May and I haven’t received a single update yet. I do have it connected to WiFi in my garage and scheduled updates on.

PeteRit

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
My truck has downloaded 6.8gb between yesterday and today and the update buttons are greyed out in sync now so I think it's just waiting to install an update at this point. That's the most network activity it's had on my wifi between both of the trucks MAC addresses ever so here's to hoping. Don't know why else it would need to pull 6.8gb into it ?

Reactions: GWG

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
My truck has downloaded 6.8gb between yesterday and today and the update buttons are greyed out in sync now so I think it's just waiting to install an update at this point. That's the most network activity it's had on my wifi between both of the trucks MAC addresses ever so here's to hoping. Don't know why else it would need to pull 6.8gb into it ?
I set up 2 profiles to monitor the truck. 15 mins total for a week. Been getting update failures. Seems it tries once a week. 2nd week of it trying to install 1.7.1
Monday it goes to the dealer to probably do a direct install.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I don't have the truck set up on wifi or for special schedule for downloads. I received the FordPower-up 1.7.1 software update today. I received the notification while I was in a store and the truck out in the parking lot. I think this is the 3rd ota I've received. Lucky I guess....
Bought my PB platinum in April or May and I haven’t received a single update yet. I do have it connected to WiFi in my garage and scheduled updates on.
I got 1.7.1 while on vacation with my truck parked in the hotel lot. No wifi and it did it on a day that wasn't my scheduled day.

According to insiders over on the MachE forum the 1.7.1 update was being done via the cellular modem and not WiFi for some reason. Those folks are also only slowly getting the update. Ford appears to be rolling it out very slowly with some components being updated and others a few days later and theyll get the update complete message but mentioned features are missing. Not sure how much is the same for us because I got it all at once.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I'm figuring I'm getting updates because I really don't care one way or the other. I'm just happy when it starts which has been hit and miss for 5 or 6 months...

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I came on here looking for posts on this exact topic. My infotainment system has been nothing but garbage since I got the truck in February with all sorts of weird issues. I've never got a notification on FordPass for an update, never got an update request on the radio itself, and dealers have told me on a few occasions that it's up to date and that there's nothing they can do.

I just looked on Ford's site and it says "Your SYNC system (SYNC4 v4.0.20262) is up to date" and also says it was last updated 11/26/2020...almost a year ago.

Unreal.

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
I came on here looking for posts on this exact topic. My infotainment system has been nothing but garbage since I got the truck in February with all sorts of weird issues. I've never got a notification on FordPass for an update, never got an update request on the radio itself, and dealers have told me on a few occasions that it's up to date and that there's nothing they can do.

I just looked on Ford's site and it says "Your SYNC system (SYNC4 v4.0.20262) is up to date" and also says it was last updated 11/26/2020...almost a year ago.

Unreal.
No updates for me either… this is Ridiculous some people have 1.7.1 others have 2.1 I have 1.4 wtf

Sponsored

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
If ford can’t get this right for the regular F150 how well do you think the more complex lighting and blue cruise software will be handled?… not looking good

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
I opted for automatic updates, which I set up some months ago. My F150 gets an 'excellent' (so says Sync) wifi signal from the house. After reading this thread, I went out to the truck and found the auto setting was now both cancelled and Sync refuses to allow auto reselection. With no other option, I set up a day/time update and saved it. Revisiting the day/time setting, the 'Clear' bar refuses to remove the day/time setting. My Sync version is 1.4. What a crap 'experience' this has been.

tboo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Jan build Lariat and have had no updates at all either.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I have received 3 ota updates and to be honest, I can't tell any difference in the system operation. I did lose the phone indicator in the upper left corner with the latest (2.1.0, I think). And I no longer have traffic showing which is what I put up with for the first month or two. So for me I'd just as soon have it back to the original.
Sponsored