Sponsored

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Asked to repost this info by a member for better visibility.

Posted on Blue Oval today

Scheduling Notes
  • On Thursday, April 29th, Edge, Explorer, F150, Mustang, Mach E, Super Duty, Transit, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 21MY Bronco Scheduling – Please confirm your unscheduled retail reservation orders in WBDO are correct with the customer prior to them being scheduled. Going forward, serialized orders cannot be cancelled or spec changed. We will continue to schedule retails within allocation and constraints that are buildable at the plant.
  • All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
  • 2021 MY OTD Retail Bronco Sport Entity/Options Balance Out - The final order due date for retail 2021MY Bronco Sport orders with the following entity/options, requiring incremental allocation was close of business Tuesday, April 13. Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the retail and stock orders with these configurations/options.
  • Badland Series (400A)
  • Big Bend Package (96P)
  • Outer Banks Package (96T)
  • Badlands Package (96X)
  • 18” Optional Big Bend Wheel (64M)
Balance Out Information
  • 21MY Super Duty Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.
  • 21MY Explorer Job #2 Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off for 21MY Explorer Job#2 orders.
Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
What does" selected for scheduling" mean? My truck is scheduled to be built 4/29....

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What does" selected for scheduling" mean? My truck is scheduled to be built 4/29....
Then you don't need to worry, there will be no new scheduling this Thursday.

Last edited:

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
I posted this in the 3/15 build thread but I’m not sure everybody is reading there. According to my dealer Ford is:

1) taking all micro chips and allocating them to trucks that are built but blocked first. Considering we’re atleast a month delays on those, unless a huge batch of microchips shows up, I bet it’ll be similar delays for new orders.

2) Ford is no longer taking stock orders for dealers. The only orders being built are retail.

I expect Ford is working on filling the backlog of missing parts, but it’s clearly not fixed yet.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
My understanding is that it means pulled from the dealers que and put into the ford que.

Probably with the shutdowns and delays the factory ques are full so they will not be selecting any dealer orders until they work down the list they already have a little.

Sponsored

Vaquero01

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 king Ranch
Occupation
Sales
HICE UNA ORDEN EN 2/1/21 Y LLEGO FECHA DE PRODUCCION 4/21/21, CUANDO RECIBIRE LA F-150 KR2021.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I heard rumblings of this too. Super Duty production is rumored to already be fully shut down.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So basically if you don’t already have an order in for one of the aforementioned models, you’re gonna be waiting until the 2022 model year? Wow...

Can anyone give some insight as to what the terms “OTD” and “Balancing Out” mean?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
So basically if you don’t already have an order in for one of the aforementioned models, you’re gonna be waiting until the 2022 model year?
You can still order a 2021, it just won’t get picked up for scheduling until next week at the earliest and will likely have to wait behind any other retail orders already in the dealers system that aren’t getting picked up this week.

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I posted this in the 3/15 build thread but I’m not sure everybody is reading there. According to my dealer Ford is:

1) taking all micro chips and allocating them to trucks that are built but blocked first. Considering we’re atleast a month delays on those, unless a huge batch of microchips shows up, I bet it’ll be similar delays for new orders.

2) Ford is no longer taking stock orders for dealers. The only orders being built are retail.

I expect Ford is working on filling the backlog of missing parts, but it’s clearly not fixed yet.
Just wanted to make sure I understand bullet #2... Does that mean Ford will only build trucks currently in backlog that have been custom ordered by all of us and the dealer custom ordered vehicles.

Sponsored

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Just wanted to make sure I understand bullet #2... Does that mean Ford will only build trucks currently in backlog that have been custom ordered by all of us and the dealer custom ordered vehicles.

I'll do my best to answer, but maybe somebody else can chip in. There are two kinds of orders. Stock and Retail. Stock orders are made by dealers for inventory that sits on a dealer lot. Aka, there's no intended customer yet, it's for walk ins. Theses aren't meant to be custom orders. Retail orders means a customer placed a specific order. Some dealers were playing with inventory and putting custom orders in as stock early on (I guess Ford starts building a model year as stock to get trucks onto lots, this was early on in 2021 builds), but they should be only placing retail orders.

So, yes, this is supposed to mean that Ford is only building trucks that somebody actually ordered.

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I'll do my best to answer, but maybe somebody else can chip in. There are two kinds of orders. Stock and Retail. Stock orders are made by dealers for inventory that sits on a dealer lot. Aka, there's no intended customer yet, it's for walk ins. Theses aren't meant to be custom orders. Retail orders means a customer placed a specific order. Some dealers were playing with inventory and putting custom orders in as stock early on (I guess Ford starts building a model year as stock to get trucks onto lots, this was early on in 2021 builds), but they should be only placing retail orders.

So, yes, this is supposed to mean that Ford is only building trucks that somebody actually ordered.
Ok I’m following now. Thank you. Hopefully we all see a benefit for the process change. I’d like to see how many retail orders they have in the queue. ?

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I heard rumblings of this too. Super Duty production is rumored to already be fully shut down.
The last orders for F250s were around March 18th. ice-capades on Blue Oval forums posts a lot of good info.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The last orders for F250s were around March 18th. ice-capades on Blue Oval forums posts a lot of good info.

2021 model year Fords are going to be a rarity! Good for resale value I guess...

DHerod

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Yukon Denali
Occupation
High School Teacher
HICE UNA ORDEN EN 2/1/21 Y LLEGO FECHA DE PRODUCCION 4/21/21, CUANDO RECIBIRE LA F-150 KR2021.
For anyone who can help this guy, he said he ordered a truck on Feb 1 and received a production date of April 21. He wants to know when he might actually get his new truck.
Sponsored