First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I'll do my best to answer, but maybe somebody else can chip in. There are two kinds of orders. Stock and Retail. Stock orders are made by dealers for inventory that sits on a dealer lot. Aka, there's no intended customer yet, it's for walk ins. Theses aren't meant to be custom orders. Retail orders means a customer placed a specific order. Some dealers were playing with inventory and putting custom orders in as stock early on (I guess Ford starts building a model year as stock to get trucks onto lots, this was early on in 2021 builds), but they should be only placing retail orders.

So, yes, this is supposed to mean that Ford is only building trucks that somebody actually ordered.
This was very helpful thank you. "Chip In ?!....no pun intended I'm sure

DUREAU

First Name
ROBERT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
RETRAITER
J’AI COMMANDER MON F150 25 FEVRIER 2021 COMBIEN DE TEMP POUR LIVRAISON

Sponsored

marcflyer

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
i gather OTD means Out of Time Delivery

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
New today

Scheduling Notes
  • On Thursday, May 6, Bronco, Bronco Sport, EcoSport, Edge, Escape, Explorer, Mustang, Mach E, Ranger, Super Duty, Transit, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 2021MY Expedition - Rear Inflatable Seat Belts (52R) feature was not recommended on any SIMS orders for allocation week 20, It will not be selected for scheduling until further notice. This feature in optional on Limited 300A/301A/302A and King Ranch. This is included in Limited 303A Convenience Package (50A) and standard on Platinum. Once this option is available to schedule, we will update the information as soon as possible.
  • 21MY Bronco – Please confirm your unscheduled retail reservation orders in WBDO are correct with the customer prior to them being scheduled.
  • All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
  • 2021 MY OTD Retail Bronco Sport Entity/Options Balance Out - The final order due date for retail 2021MY Bronco Sport orders with the following entity/options, requiring incremental allocation was close of business Tuesday, April 13. Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the retail and stock orders with these configurations/options.
  • Badland Series (400A)
  • Big Bend Package (96P)
  • Outer Banks Package (96T)
  • Badlands Package (96X)
  • 18” Optional Big Bend Wheel (64M)
  • 21MY Mach E Paint Balance Out – Carbonized Gray (M7) and Infinite Blue (AB) have balanced out with Job 1. All retail units with these paints have scheduled.

Balance out Information
  • 21MY F150 Job#1 Balance Out
  • Final 21MY F150 Dearborn Job#1 orders are due on Thursday, May 13th. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, May 13th.
  • Final 21MY F150 Kansas City Job#1 orders are due on Thursday, May 27th. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, May 27th.
  • 21MY Super Duty Balance Out – 21MY Super Duty has balanced out. Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.
  • 21MY Explorer Job #2 Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off for 21MY Explorer Job#2 orders.
This is probably why orders are moving again

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
New today

Scheduling Notes
  • On Thursday, May 6, Bronco, Bronco Sport, EcoSport, Edge, Escape, Explorer, Mustang, Mach E, Ranger, Super Duty, Transit, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 2021MY Expedition - Rear Inflatable Seat Belts (52R) feature was not recommended on any SIMS orders for allocation week 20, It will not be selected for scheduling until further notice. This feature in optional on Limited 300A/301A/302A and King Ranch. This is included in Limited 303A Convenience Package (50A) and standard on Platinum. Once this option is available to schedule, we will update the information as soon as possible.
  • 21MY Bronco – Please confirm your unscheduled retail reservation orders in WBDO are correct with the customer prior to them being scheduled.
  • All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
  • 2021 MY OTD Retail Bronco Sport Entity/Options Balance Out - The final order due date for retail 2021MY Bronco Sport orders with the following entity/options, requiring incremental allocation was close of business Tuesday, April 13. Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the retail and stock orders with these configurations/options.
  • Badland Series (400A)
  • Big Bend Package (96P)
  • Badlands Package (96X)
  • 21MY Mach E Paint Balance Out – Carbonized Gray (M7) and Infinite Blue (AB) have balanced out with Job 1. All retail units with these paints have scheduled.

Balance out Information
  • Final 21MY F150 Dearborn Job#1 orders are due on Thursday, May 13th. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, May 13th.
  • Final 21MY F150 Kansas City Job#1 orders are due on Thursday, May 27th. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, May 27th.
  • 21MY Super Duty Balance Out – 21MY Super Duty has balanced out. Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off.
  • 21MY Explorer Job #2 Balance Out – Spec changes and cancellations have been shut off for 21MY Explorer Job#2 orders.
Good info, and very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
New today

Scheduling Notes
  • Badland Series (400A)
  • Big Bend Package (96P)
  • Badlands Package (96X)

Balance out Information
Thanks for sharing this info again. Are you able to elaborate a little bit more? Do you know off hand what Job#1 vs Job#2 means for example? Also, do you know if balanced out means that all orders have been fulfilled? Or something else? Again, thanks for sharing this info and any clarification is also appreciated.

Sponsored

Dan Texas

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for sharing this info again. Are you able to elaborate a little bit more? Do you know off hand what Job#1 vs Job#2 means for example? Also, do you know if balanced out means that all orders have been fulfilled? Or something else? Again, thanks for sharing this info and any clarification is also appreciated.

I believe I saw somewhere that job #2 will start 7/6/21, and will include the availability of the new features such as the smart hitch and payload scale. So I’m assuming it refers to a minor change, like a 2021 1/2. But I’m guessing this means Ford anticipates all the current orders to have been produced by then.

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My understanding is that Job 1 is the first retail scheduling of a MY, Job 2 happens midcycle and incorporates updates and changes to that MY. For the F150, Job 2 is supposed to start in the June/July time fame.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
I believe I saw somewhere that job #2 will start 7/6/21, and will include the availability of the new features such as the smart hitch and payload scale. So I’m assuming it refers to a minor change, like a 2021 1/2. But I’m guessing this means Ford anticipates all the current orders to have been produced by then.
My understanding is that Job 1 is the first retail scheduling of a MY, Job 2 happens midcycle and incorporates updates and changes to that MY. For the F150, Job 2 is supposed to start in the June/July time fame.
Thank you both for the clarification!

I certainly hope that means the job#1 trucks will be done by then. My truck has been "produced" for over a week now and I'm starting to get worried that means I've joined those who have been waiting far longer in Narnia

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you both for the clarification!

I certainly hope that means the job#1 trucks will be done by then. My truck has been "produced" for over a week now and I'm starting to get worried that means I've joined those who have been waiting far longer in Narnia
I wish I could help more, this has been a miserable model launch and manufacturing year. I try to find as munch information as possible but even the manufactures are having to work hard to deal with this.
Sponsored