Sponsored

No order changes or new orders?

ChrisinOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat PB on order
I created an order with my dealer on Monday last week, then over the weekend we decided we wanted to make one minor change. They told us today that Ford has stopped changes on all orders, and has paused all F-150 orders for the 21 model year. Unclear if they'll open them back up again. They did say our order had moved into "scheduling" status so it was in.

Anyone hear anything similar? We're mildly bummed as we'd like to make that one change to our order, but we'll live (and can do it aftermarket if we need to.) Though I'm hopeful maybe the change is temporary and we can make the minor change before production.
Sponsored

Trucky McTruckface

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 XLT Supercab.
I created an order with my dealer on Monday last week, then over the weekend we decided we wanted to make one minor change. They told us today that Ford has stopped changes on all orders, and has paused all F-150 orders for the 21 model year. Unclear if they'll open them back up again. They did say our order had moved into "scheduling" status so it was in.

Anyone hear anything similar? We're mildly bummed as we'd like to make that one change to our order, but we'll live (and can do it aftermarket if we need to.) Though I'm hopeful maybe the change is temporary and we can make the minor change before production.

I'm in Canada, and I placed an order on June 16th. A week after that I added the B&O sound. Was no problem. I have an order number, no vin yet. Have not been told anything about ford not taking anymore orders and that doesn't really make sense to me. Feels like if the demand is there, they will find a way to fulfill it... They've made some people wait for 3/4 of a year to get their trucks so I don't think they'll care to keep us waiting and still take the order... I have zero first hand knowledge of any of this though... But it just seems like my order is going according to plan and have not heard any negative news about it.. This is actually my second order for the '21. The first order I wanted to change the engine but couldn't cause I had already received a VIN. So we made a new order.. So my understanding is changes can be made until you get your VIN. But again, I'm not too sure and things may have changed. This is my experience.

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
I was able to make changes to my order before it moved to scheduling, but not after.

OP
OP

ChrisinOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat PB on order
I'm in Canada, and I placed an order on June 16th. A week after that I added the B&O sound. Was no problem. I have an order number, no vin yet. Have not been told anything about ford not taking anymore orders and that doesn't really make sense to me. Feels like if the demand is there, they will find a way to fulfill it... They've made some people wait for 3/4 of a year to get their trucks so I don't think they'll care to keep us waiting and still take the order... I have zero first hand knowledge of any of this though... But it just seems like my order is going according to plan and have not heard any negative news about it.. This is actually my second order for the '21. The first order I wanted to change the engine but couldn't cause I had already received a VIN. So we made a new order.. So my understanding is changes can be made until you get your VIN. But again, I'm not too sure and things may have changed. This is my experience.
For sure. My understanding is changes are normally allowed (outside of big things like trim line or powertrain.) It sounds like this is some sort of new policy in the last week. I definitely don't have a VIN yet (I asked specifically, they said it was in scheduling but didn't have a production week assigned yet) and they're telling me they can't change the order.

They're trying to submit a second order but aren't sure it will be accepted given the no new orders for MY21 thing. The cynical part of me says they're trying to get an extra truck to sell out of this. But I'm not ready to be that cynical yet. But curious if anyone else has heard similar recently.
Sponsored

Last edited: