First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150; 16 Expedition; 91 Mustang LX; 72 Maverick
Occupation
CPA
That's too bad, not that I am a fan of the Camaro, but having a legit rival always kept Ford pushing to make the Mustang better every year. Without competition there is no reason to spend money to make it better.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The new Camaro's styling was never quite on point; too 'Hot Wheels' and the high belt line low roof can't be good for visibility. Indeed: search for "high belt line new Camaro" and articles with titles like "why is the new Camaro so hard to see out of" abound. People complain about poor visibility and a tiny trunk, which doesn't really fly nowadays in anything other than Corvette.

Porsche introduced the 928 to replace the 911 in the late 70's and hardly anyone bought them despite superior performance. The huge difference though is the ergonomics were all off in the 928. At least they were hatchbacks and had lots of trunk space.

The new Camaro would have been a huge success had GM went the route Chrysler/Fiat/Peugeot has gone with the Challenger.

Imagine how many Camaros they would have sold if they were as close as possible to 1967 models while retaining modern safety and performance! Instead they roll out something more like the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86, which also isn't selling terribly well.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
No more Camaros? Or they just out of Camaros?

Sponsored

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
Maybe they will bring back the Chevelle?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I really like the way it looks on the outside. I have a coworker with one and it is too low and tight for my tall and older dad body. hah.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
That's too bad. It's competition between auto makers that give us all better cars and trucks. Without competition we would be forced to drive junk.

Twg1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 F150 Screw, 2019 Camaro ZLE
Occupation
Engineer
Disclosure: I track/race a 2019 Camaro ZL1/1LE. Camaro chased performance to its own fault. GM made a phenomenally capable sports car at the expense of ergonomics and convenience, giving up significant marketshare to Ford, which is a much better and usable street car. And once it became clear that the Camaro was essentially on par with Corvettes in the performance realm, they stopped marketing it.
If you go to a road course track event, you will see more Camaros in an hour than you’ll see in a month on the road. The 2016+ Camaro SS 1LE is a STUPID bargain, and its no secret in the HPDE / Track-rat community.
But theres a reason I don't drive my Camaro daily!

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Also gotta remember Chevrolet built it on the same platform as the Australian Holden, which is also used on other models in the GM lineup. That gave them a much smaller car than they wanted. FCA went with the E-Class Mercedes chassis for the Chally/Charger which gave them a roomy chassis. I used to rent a Camaro vert on vacation and had a blast with it, actually liked it better tha a Mustang I had one year. Shame to see it go thou… anothr car that could be had with a stick gone….

Sponsored

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I considered buy a Camaro many years ago but ended it when I found so many complaints about the lack of vision on the rear (what's behind me?). Chevrolet refused to open up the rear visibility and it was a major reason for the decline.

Twg1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 F150 Screw, 2019 Camaro ZLE
Occupation
Engineer
I considered buy a Camaro many years ago but ended it when I found so many complaints about the lack of vision on the rear (what's behind me?). Chevrolet refused to open up the rear visibility and it was a major reason for the decline.
The rear view camara mirror is a huge help. And the visibility isn't THAT bad. That said, acute intersections are murder, the C-pillar is massive.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
The rear view camara mirror is a huge help. And the visibility isn't THAT bad. That said, acute intersections are murder, the C-pillar is massive.
Obviously many think it is that bad.
Sponsored