First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
As I understand it, orders for 2022’s will open on September 15? Are there no creditable leaks regarding trim level specs, accessory packages, colors, interiors?? Maybe I missed a thread somewhere!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I will respond to my own thread this one time and then let it fall out of the listing if there is no interest in a plain ole 2022.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Usually the only thing leaked is the looks and we know what it looks like. The interior will stay the same as well. I don't think packages normally get leaked until they release something.

Reactions: Don

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I am curious, too. I am ready to begin a "Build A Ford" and see what it's going to cost me.

Sponsored

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I doubt much will be different. Usually if there are any packaging changes they announce it beforehand. That said if they do a black appearance package again like they did in 2020 or even a Special Edition package I will trade mine. Otherwise I'll keep it until the new Super Duty with the current F-150 interior and Pro-Power comes out.

JAB2435

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Occupation
retired
Has anyone heard if they are going to bump up the horsepower on the 3.5 ecoboost in the 2022 Raptor ?

I read awhile back maybe 480 hp, but I have not seen it anywhere else.

Aenemia

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Fusion, shopping for '21-22 Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m about to pull the trigger on ordering. That’s my big debate right now. Get a ‘21 or put in an order for a ‘22. The only difference will be the incentives, which I’m not super concerned about right now.
I’m just not sure when the ‘21 would come vs the ‘22.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Given that my order is now not expected to be built until early Nov, I’m strongly considering putting an order in for a ‘22.
I know ford is purposely delaying info on the ‘22s so people like myself don’t cancel, but I really want my lariat sport with a black interior.
Cmon ford...

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
I doubt much will be different. Usually if there are any packaging changes they announce it beforehand. That said if they do a black appearance package again like they did in 2020 or even a Special Edition package I will trade mine. Otherwise I'll keep it until the new Super Duty with the current F-150 interior and Pro-Power comes out.
Have they announced when they’re updating the SDs?

Sponsored

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Im more interested in the Limiteds----usually they will change the Rim style and the interior color each year-----Im really hoping for the dual exhaust out the back to return as I love the looks of that! I dont think I can get rid of my 19 limited till that happens lol----

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Will they really get all those parked trucks done before 2022? I wonder if whomever is the authority on VINs would allow them to change them into 2022's. Throw a few gimmicky software features in the Nav/Console UI that don't require new parts as the "new features" and push them out the door to dealers.

Last edited:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Will they really get all those parked trucks done before 2022? I wonder if whomever is the authority on VINs would allow them to change them into 2022's. Throw a few gimmicky software features in the Nav/Console UI that don't require new parts as the "new features" and push them out the door to dealers.
I think the 2021 Job 2 in their 2022 updated features.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Just a wild ass guess but I think Ford will be happy with producing enough trucks to satisfy demand for 2022 model year trucks.

If anything changes I bet it will be less available options for lower trim level trucks to streamline production and weather the chip drought better.

It's possible that the color options might be slightly revised.

I would also not be surprised at all if there was a big price hike across the board, maybe even double digit percentages on every trim XLT and up. The XL will probably have a modest increase for the manual wind up window single cab model, with every additional package and option bringing it up to XLT price levels.

Who wants to bet that 2022 will be the year that a fully optioned F Series hits six figures?

The F-450 Platinum is only $5K shy of $100,000, so unless that trim is deeply discounted, or options dropped, it's only inevitable and who knows, for the high rollers, that might actually be a draw. The F-150 would need to see around a 25% price hike to reach $100K in the Limited, so who knows, maybe half way through model year 2022 the F-150 might hit $100K if inflation isn't checked.
Sponsored