Sponsored

No leaks on what's new for 2022 F-150?

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
Have they announced when they’re updating the SDs?
I've heard they are retooling the Kentucky plant in December for MY23 but that timeline doesn't make sense to me. MY22 will likely be a long run into late next year. With the already existing Superduty production and allocation problems I'd be damn surprised if they launched the new generation anytime soon, but crazier things have happened.
Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Just a wild ass guess but I think Ford will be happy with producing enough trucks to satisfy demand for 2022 model year trucks.

If anything changes I bet it will be less available options for lower trim level trucks to streamline production and weather the chip drought better.

It's possible that the color options might be slightly revised.

I would also not be surprised at all if there was a big price hike across the board, maybe even double digit percentages on every trim XLT and up. The XL will probably have a modest increase for the manual wind up window single cab model, with every additional package and option bringing it up to XLT price levels.

Who wants to bet that 2022 will be the year that a fully optioned F Series hits six figures?

The F-450 Platinum is only $5K shy of $100,000, so unless that trim is deeply discounted, or options dropped, it's only inevitable and who knows, for the high rollers, that might actually be a draw. The F-150 would need to see around a 25% price hike to reach $100K in the Limited, so who knows, maybe half way through model year 2022 the F-150 might hit $100K if inflation isn't checked.
My concern with the price hike is a modestly optioned XLT now costs as much as a Ram 1500 Laramie or GMC Sierra 1500 SLT.

I do think the F-150 is the better truck, hence why I own one. But seeing leather and more options for same price is tempting.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
As we approach the week of change, what are your thoughts?
Sponsored