• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Home Back-Up and 80A EVSE Missing at Launch

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Dude, don't you realize that there is a banner across your icon that says "OP"? You created the fake hook. You got one thing right, "begging for attention".
The ignore button at the top of threads like this is useful...

I've eliminated all the clickbait-esque threads.
Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the heads-up on the Ignore feature. It's crazy that OP is the one acting like someone else forced them to make the title.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
It's called a hook and is common practice headline writers use to draw attention. Maybe the OP is begging to be fact checked as surely someone in the know would see and correct.

Unfortunately it appears we are still on track for order banks to open with no details on this important element of "system cost" for a function Ford is heavily advertising for this vehicle. Yes, details could impact vehicle selection at order time.
I think the OP said something very different than begging for attention. And even admitted so.

It's been a good thread regardless.

OP
OP

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Thanks for the heads-up on the Ignore feature. It's crazy that OP is the one acting like someone else forced them to make the title.
I'd be fine to see the thread and all its contents deleted at this point. Was just meant to get Ford attention and spur discussion. It's ok, we're 6 days (or so) away from order banks opening with no details of this hardware. So this has probably been bumped to the top enough times at this point.

OP
OP

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I think the OP said something very different than begging for attention. And even admitted so.

It's been a good thread regardless.
Thanks for taking things a little less literally at this web forum. It seems the one suggesting the pink truck theory might be here looking to get verified news to take back to his or her heavily monetized truck news website.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for taking things a little less literally at this web forum. It seems the one suggesting the pink truck theory might be here looking to get verified news to take back to his or her heavily monetized truck news website.
You probably shouldn't encourage me. I already have a really hard time taking much seriously. Drives some of my closest and dearest nuts.

A forum discussing toys hardly has a chance of meeting the requirements. Lol

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Correct! Always looking for some good news.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Title is updated to meet the mafia's editorial standards. ?
Thanks, now I can properly bitch about what you were intending this all to really be about.

So anyway, wtf is with Ford not giving specs in time for ordering?? Don't they think we might need or want to know what the heck we are purchasing and it's capabilities, etc???

I'm with the OP on this.

OP
OP

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Thanks, now I can properly bitch about what you were intending this all to really be about.

So anyway, wtf is with Ford not giving specs in time for ordering?? Don't they think we might need or want to know what the heck we are purchasing and it's capabilities, etc???

I'm with the OP on this.
Now that we are on the same page...

I think it is just not finished. I think they worked on the truck side of the equation and are getting to the house side of the equation later. That might be more difficult than they expected, especially if they are trying to make something at all simple or fkexible. Might be a real test for their engineers if even doing in house.

There is no good reason they wouldn't be showing it off at the in person events if there was a working prototype ready.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now that we are on the same page...

I think it is just not finished. I think they worked on the truck side of the equation and are getting to the house side of the equation later. That might be more difficult than they expected, especially if they are trying to make something at all simple or fkexible. Might be a real test for their engineers if even doing in house.

There is no good reason they wouldn't be showing it off at the in person events if there was a working prototype ready.
There are SO MANY current disruptions in the manufacturing and supply of goods. Ford has to roll with punches that nobody saw coming, just like everyone else.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I have a Platinum Lightning on order and a PB KR in the driveway with the generator, along with a Tesla MX and a Tesla High Power Wall Connector in the garage. I thought about adding a whole-house switch for the PB generator, but instead am waiting for the incoming Ford two-way charging system that will to come standard with the Lightning Platinum. While we may not have all the details yet, Ford will get this right and there's no need to speculate at this time, or to do interim kluge work.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have a Platinum Lightning on order and a PB KR in the driveway with the generator, along with a Tesla MX and a Tesla High Power Wall Connector in the garage. I thought about adding a whole-house switch for the PB generator, but instead am waiting for the incoming Ford two-way charging system that will to come standard with the Lightning Platinum. While we may not have all the details yet, Ford will get this right and there's no need to speculate at this time, or to do interim kluge work.
You sure you have a platinum on order or is that what you plan when Ford decides to convert your $100 raffle ticket into an order?

blooberry

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf
I have asked my Ford dealer, a Sunrun rep, and my solar provider, and tweeted at Ford, the Ford EV marketing team, Sunrun, etc. Absolutely no one will reveal what the cost will be of the switch required to use the truck as a home generator. I don't know how they expect us to make a decision, possibly next week, about whether to pay for that feature if we have no idea what it costs.
Sponsored