Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
OK. Here's my POST dealer update on this issue...

The dealer had my truck all day. From 8am till 4:30pm. I was patient and at one point I decided to check Ford Pass app to see if my trucks location would update. It would not before. I was surprised, it updated. It showed the location of my dealer. It was showing ford's plant in Michigan when I brought it there. I was happy. I figured that they must have fixed it. I logged into FDRS to see the log of what they did. It showed some PTS login's and a couple of APIM resets. Then I saw an APIM PMI. I thought, wow, they must have installed a new APIM. I called them after 4pm to see if it was done, they told me I could come get it but that they couldn't fix the GPS problem. I was a bit surprised. I said I could see the location and they told me that they had it working briefly and then not. They are ordering me a new APIM and will call me when it's in.

After i came home, I decided to play around for a minute myself. I opened up Forscan and did the changes that elaudermilk said worked for him a few posts back. I had done those changes last night and no joy. Well today, they worked! I changed the settings in the pics again and when I power cycled the truck, the Nav was back AND my SiriusXm is also. I took it for a ride and my hands free Blue cruise is working too. I do not know what they changed by their actions today, but they did something and they have no idea. I think I may still have them install a new APIM.

Oh, and they were nice and are ordering me a new windshield wiper motor for the recall. THAT, I am not even having an issue with. LOL!!

Thank you to everyone that commented and tried to help, it does help!!

Take care and don't be afraid to play in Sport mode now and then, it's nuts and MPG's aren't everything!
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Why install a new APIM if yours is functioning properly and did experience a hardware issue?

Just curious.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Why install a new APIM if yours is functioning properly and did experience a hardware issue?

Just curious.
I was thinking about just that. It was most definitely a software issue. I may be a nice guy and stop by there and talk with the tech. Tell him what I did and get the details of what he did in case this happens in the future. He didn't do anything I couldn't have done with FDRS at home. My only reason for thinking maybe replace the APIM is because of the lost comms between them TCU and APIM. But that could also be related to the updates.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi everyone, Ford here. We wanted to provide you with some information that may assist with the issue described in this thread. When communicating with your dealer please reference TSB 21-2388 Sync 4 without navigation - Compass Direction Indication Stuck Or Not Updating Correctly. Hope this helps!

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Hi everyone, Ford here. We wanted to provide you with some information that may assist with the issue described in this thread. When communicating with your dealer please reference TSB 21-2388 Sync 4 without navigation - Compass Direction Indication Stuck Or Not Updating Correctly. Hope this helps!
In a preferred reality the dealer would know this already before you called

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
That TSB does not apply to my issue. That TSB is for 2021 F150s only. Also, if you read the TSB, you will see that if there are no updates shown in FDRS, then THIS ARTICLE DOES NOT APPLY!! I mean, really!!??

I had to be without my vehicle for a whole day, got it back not fixed and then I went home with it and finished a repair, MYSELF, in 5 minutes! I am not a Ford tech. I have no training from Ford. What I do have is a good head on my shoulders and knowledge that I picked up since owning my f150 since December. If I can fix the issue at home using the same tools as Ford, then why the hell can't Ford fix it in a whole damn day????

Answer me that Ford......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Please read my response above.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Hi everyone. Another update.

Everything is still working. GPS and Sirius are fine.

I spoke with my case rep today. She called me. I explained my experience to her and my disappointment. She was nice and listened and took notes in my case file. She agreed with me and said I should wait for the dealer to get an APIM before I decide whether or not to have it replaced. Since they take forever to get, that's my plan. If all is well when they get it, I'll tell them no.

On a bright note, the rep offered me a free Ford ESP out to 5 years, 75k miles. I took it. It was to compensate me for the inconvenience. Time will tell if the issue is gone for good or not.

Thanks again to everyone that offered suggestions and help. I appreciate it. I just hope that my experience helps someone else down the line. Take care.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
Hi everyone. Another update.

Everything is still working. GPS and Sirius are fine.

I spoke with my case rep today. She called me. I explained my experience to her and my disappointment. She was nice and listened and took notes in my case file. She agreed with me and said I should wait for the dealer to get an APIM before I decide whether or not to have it replaced. Since they take forever to get, that's my plan. If all is well when they get it, I'll tell them no.

On a bright note, the rep offered me a free Ford ESP out to 5 years, 75k miles. I took it. It was to compensate me for the inconvenience. Time will tell if the issue is gone for good or not.

Thanks again to everyone that offered suggestions and help. I appreciate it. I just hope that my experience helps someone else down the line. Take care.
that's awesome. thanks for sharing. i am still waiting for a solution for my truck. will put in a call to dealer today and might have to reach back out to my repair assistance rep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Call Ford and open a case. Then vent to the rep after they work on it. They'll offer the warranty extension or 3 years on maintenance. Oil and fluid changes.

CanBCPB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Explorer ST
I had the same issue after I updated everything through my mongoose cable with FDRS. I picked up a new 22’ a month ago that was so far behind on updates that I thought it was stuck, so I pushed everything to it, no problem.

The next day, I go out to my truck and I get the Sirius “loading” and no GPS symbol.

So naturally I start digging…..

I gave it two days before trying to fix it myself, I tried a master reset, APIM and TCU reset through FORScan, and even changed the settings mentioned earlier for the X40 SDARS. Although I didn’t see a “GPS Repeater” option, I saw a “GPS from Telematic control unit module” that was disabled, so I enabled that.

I left that for a day, and overnight I received my very first OTA update 4.2.3. Man, was I excited. Now If I could only fix my gps Issue.

In a last ditch effort I opened FORScan again last night, and figured I’d perhaps put that “gps from TCU” setting back to disabled. I wrote that setting, the truck did its thing, but to no avail. But before I got out of the truck I decided to do a soft reset (power and FF button hold) and when it booted back up I had GPS again !

Glad I was able to sort it out myself, but damn….if you’re not ready to invest some time or you’re not computer savvy then I feel for ya.

Thanks to everyone here that’s posted their stories so far.

CanBCPB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Explorer ST
Update…

I drive a stretch of known Bluecruise highway almost every day. It’s never gone full hands free since I bought the truck.

Since pushing all of the updates and getting the GPS working again, this morning It went full hands free for the first time !
Amazing.

Mjmccue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Thanks everyone for the input. I feel better going to the dealership with some ideas that may solve the problem. Ford is obviously not capable of managing the complexity of the technology in the trucks they are pushing out the door. It seems if you own one of them you need to have the scan tools and Forpass to fix them yourself. Not any different from a 100 years ago when no one would drive their Model A without a monkey wrench and a hammer. 😂

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Looks like we may have similar issues.. My truck has been at the dealer for over 4 weeks, is on it's 3rd APIM since being there. Went in with screen resetting occasionally, they did some stuff and now the GPS isn't working. Ford finally got involved, so let's see if I get it back anytime soon.
Sponsored