No GPS signal after APIM update

Fairlanefan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum High, FX4, Max Tow
Awesome update - thanks. I have a case number too, but my rep didn’t know about the TSB. Because I need a loaner, my appointment isn’t until June 7.​

That being said, mine is a 22…. Hope the fix still applies.​
Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
whats the tsb? doesnt seem too far off from what i am experiencing. 4.2.2 failed on my job 1 2021 powerboost (xlt, so no bc). lost xm and nav, screen was glitching out. i took it in, and now dealer is saying software engineering is having trouble writing code to new apim or something of that nature. they want me to come pick it up today after having it the last 9 days and said i'll have to bring it back in after ford ships them the new apim and they've figured it out.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I don't know the TSB. Ford issued something about our issue, but I may be wrong that it was a TSB. I will confirm when I talk to my case rep.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I talked to the rep. She told me the TSB is 23-2122. It references Blue Cruise maps. I'm not sure I agree 100% that this is the issue, but Ford seems to. It looks like it was there GWM update that screwed things up.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
oh, ok. i'll take a look. mine seems to be specific to apim with 4.2.2. good luck in getting it fixed.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I talked to the rep. She told me the TSB is 23-2122. It references Blue Cruise maps. I'm not sure I agree 100% that this is the issue, but Ford seems to. It looks like it was there GWM update that screwed things up.
I am suspicious that your representative knows what she’s talking about. TSB 23-2122 is just a procedure for restoring BlueCruise functionality to trucks that had it and lost it. It consists of two parts: (1) programming procedures for making sure that the GWM, APIM and TCU modules are all up to date; and (2) a procedure for manually updating the BlueCruise maps. If I understand your prior posts correctly, you have already done the first part. Here is the procedure for the second part. You don’t need to wait for Ford to get back to you. You can try it now but I doubt it will resolve your issue.

Vehicle Connectivity Verification/Map Update Procedure

1. Verify if the vehicle connectivity is set to ON. Go to Settings > Connectivity > Under Connected Vehicle Features the Vehicle Connectivity setting should be ON.

NOTE: If not, ask customers to turn it ON if they wish to use BlueCruise as BlueCruise will not work with Vehicle Connectivity set to OFF.

2. Update BlueCruise Maps:

(1). Cycle the ignition off and on 10 times.

(2). Keep ignition on.

(3). Wait 5 minutes.

(4). Perform an additional ignition cycle off then on.

(5). Check SYNC About screen for this message: Hands-Free Driving Mode available through 10-06-2073 or future date.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I am suspicious that your representative knows what she’s talking about. TSB 23-2122 is just a procedure for restoring BlueCruise functionality to trucks that had it and lost it. It consists of two parts: (1) programming procedures for making sure that the GWM, APIM and TCU modules are all up to date; and (2) a procedure for manually updating the BlueCruise maps. If I understand your prior posts correctly, you have already done the first part. Here is the procedure for the second part. You don’t need to wait for Ford to get back to you. You can try it now but I doubt it will resolve your issue.

Vehicle Connectivity Verification/Map Update Procedure

1. Verify if the vehicle connectivity is set to ON. Go to Settings > Connectivity > Under Connected Vehicle Features the Vehicle Connectivity setting should be ON.

NOTE: If not, ask customers to turn it ON if they wish to use BlueCruise as BlueCruise will not work with Vehicle Connectivity set to OFF.

2. Update BlueCruise Maps:

(1). Cycle the ignition off and on 10 times.

(2). Keep ignition on.

(3). Wait 5 minutes.

(4). Perform an additional ignition cycle off then on.

(5). Check SYNC About screen for this message: Hands-Free Driving Mode available through 10-06-2073 or future date.
I agree. I don't think she's on top of things. I have tried the 10 cycle map update and it didn't work. My blue cruise already shows 10/09/2073 for blue cruise. One of the updates broke something. Hopefully I'll find out what on Monday.

elaudermilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost Hybrid Lariat
I was able to use FORscan and go into all of the custom modules and saw that Nav and Sat Radio were disabled. Once I enabled them, all was working again. Not sure if it’ll help you all, but figured I’d share.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Exactly what modules did you go into? I would love to know. I'm supposed to go to Ford in the morning.
I was able to use FORscan and go into all of the custom modules and saw that Nav and Sat Radio were disabled. Once I enabled them, all was working again. Not sure if it’ll help you all, but figured I’d share.
What modules? I go to Ford in the morning. I would love to try right now.

elaudermilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There’s a search function in the APIM module menu and I first searched Nav. Saw that Nav Repeater and Mobile Nav were disabled. Changed them to enabled. For the sat radio, I updated the X40 SDARS radio selection to X40 SDARS. That’s all I did and both worked.

Sponsored

elaudermilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There’s a search function in the APIM module menu and I first searched Nav. Saw that Nav Repeater and Mobile Nav were disabled. Changed them to enabled. For the sat radio, I updated the X40 SDARS radio selection to X40 SDARS. That’s all I did and both worked.
Ford F-150 No GPS signal after APIM update IMG_3485

Ford F-150 No GPS signal after APIM update IMG_3486

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I did what you showed in your post. No change for me. Thanks for posting. You gave me a glimpse of hope.

Fairlanefan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum High, FX4, Max Tow
This totally fixed my issue - you are the man.

For the person who said it didn’t work, I was brand new to FORscan and didn’t realize you had to push the “write“ button in the software. First couple of times I didn’t and It didn’t do anything (which seems obvious now). I know, I know. I’m old.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
That's nice of you, but unfortunately I'm familiar with forscan and after I change values I reload and check. Changes were there, no GPS. I just dropped it at the dealer. Let them figure it out. I'll post at the end of the day when I get it back.

elaudermilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bummer. Sorry man. Hopefully the dealer gets you squared away.
Sponsored