First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
My problems with the satellite signals for Sirius and Nav GPS after the latest update has been resolved with a new APIM. I was pleasantly surprised….I really thought it was a software issue. I’m wondering if Ford got a batch of defective APIMs when my “22” was built at the height of the chip shortage??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
It is a software issue. May also be a hardware issue in some cases. If it was working fine and then a software update was applied and then something want working, then it's almost always software related. Especially in my case where all I had to do was change 2 settings with forscan. Has worked fine ever since.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
After starting this discussion and going through the process, my dealer had ordered me a new APIM because they couldn't fix it. After I fixed it with the help of members here, it only took a few weeks for the new APIM to come in. I told my dealer I didn't want to change it out. It was definitely a software issue. Just settings caused by an updated. I agree with you.
I agree. Back when I was having the OTA grey out problem, dealer one spent 10 days trying to fix it without success. The dealer and Ford said it needed an APIM. Dealer #2 repaired it in 2 hours without a new APIM. Dealer skill counts!

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17hondaCRV, 22lightningXLT312Aicedbluesilver
Occupation
retarded
Check out this Lightning that got a fix by replacing a cable splitter in path to satellite antenna:

"...problem was in the pathway to the satellite antenna. In short, a less that $50 cable splitter that apparently has a resistor/circuit board in it. They simply ordered the part, testing was not done again. Part came in, vehicle went in. I waited for it, and 90 minutes later it was done, and working."
no-gps-navigation-bluecruise-satellite-radio-fixed-6-20-23-bad-coax-splitter
my gps in a 22 Lightning is currently flaky...will start with a soft reset and see...

Update: dealer ordered the splitter. But now my pickup bed camera is throwing a blue screen...wonder if related. There is another thread on cameras going out and besides loose connections, one said that cable in left kick panel was too tight, stressed, and he removed a ty-rap to loosen and got a fix.
Sponsored

Last edited: