No GPS signal after APIM update

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Hey everyone. I just updated my APIM today to 4.2.1. I did it with FDRS and a mongoose. Everything went well and it updated perfectly. NO errors.
After the update, a GWM update appeared and I did that and then a TCU update and I did that. All went smoothly. I am on 4.2.5 now, I believe. Everything seemed to work fine afterwards. However, I noticed that my factory NAV screen now has the GPS with a red circle and a line through it. No GPS signal. Pretty sure it was working before the update. I would have noticed. Any ideas? I already rebooted Sync. No change. Maybe a possible setting default change that turned GPS off??? I have no ideas. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Hey everyone. I just updated my APIM today to 4.2.1. I did it with FDRS and a mongoose. Everything went well and it updated perfectly. NO errors.
After the update, a GWM update appeared and I did that and then a TCU update and I did that. All went smoothly. I am on 4.2.5 now, I believe. Everything seemed to work fine afterwards. However, I noticed that my factory NAV screen now has the GPS with a red circle and a line through it. No GPS signal. Pretty sure it was working before the update. I would have noticed. Any ideas? I already rebooted Sync. No change. Maybe a possible setting default change that turned GPS off??? I have no ideas. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Module reset—TCU. You can do it with FORScan. Should be an equivalent function in FDRS.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I am about to try that. I'll post my result.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Module reset—TCU. You can do it with FORScan. Should be an equivalent function in FDRS.
Had the same issue. Resetting the TCU fixed it for me.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
No joy. I reset the TCU and the GWM. Still no signal

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Do the system reset from the truck menu?
There was a post recently someone had to do that to fix GPS.
From my experience it's no where near 10 days to reconnect everything as it warns. More like an hour last time I used it.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Do the system reset from the truck menu?
There was a post recently someone had to do that to fix GPS.
From my experience it's no where near 10 days to reconnect everything as it warns. More like an hour last time I used it.
Are you referring to a master reset or just the Sync reset?

I did the sync reset but I have not done a master reset. I'm holding off on that cause i really don't want to redo everything. I spoke with sync tech support this morning and all she had me do was reset sync 4 times. Didn't work. Then she told me to go to the dealer.
I'm sure there is a way to fix this ourselves. Just haven't figured it out yet.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Master reset.

The way I look at it if I was in your situation. It doesn't hurt to use the master reset other than a little time to redo my settings. I'm running FDRS now so could run into same problem this weekend.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I have the TCU unplugged right now. I may do the rest if it is still not working after I reconnect.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
You will lose securalert if you still have it by doing reset. Not sure it will do anything for the GPS issue but that's just what I would try. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
That's my plan tonight.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Ok. Tried a master reset. Still nothing. I noticed that not only do I not have a GPS signal, I have no Sirius radio signal either. Ford pass works. I did have a DTC in both the apim and the TCU. Both said they lost comms with the other. I reset both modules and the DTCs were gone, but still no signals. I'm calling the dealer. The updates definitely screwed things up.

elaudermilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost Hybrid Lariat
I’m in the exact same situation. And with a borrowed mongoose. So I might be SoL. Updated everything Friday/Saturday. Finished yesterday afternoon and after, neither work.

Both the ford Nav and SiriusXM aren’t connecting, but were working fine before the updates.
Sponsored