Sponsored

No GPS Icon

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Does anyone get this No GPS icon? I get this everyday for half my commute to work. Its very annoying because it messes with the Navigation timing and time of arrival. It appears in the upper right hand corner of the large screen.

Ford F-150 No GPS Icon no gps
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
GPS doesn't work in space....

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Is this GPS lost issue based on the onboard Ford navigation map, or are you using Google or Waze maps from your phone and projecting it onto the center console screen?

• If it is a problem with the onboard Ford navigation map, I would take it in to the dealer and have it checked out....maybe a loose connection to the GPS antenna on the roof or something like that.
  • If it is a problem using a map app from your cell phone, maybe your phone is having a problem picking up a GPS signal inside the truck. Do you have tinted windows? Cheap (non ceramic) tint on windows can cause problems with cell phones.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Never seen or heard of this. Have you tried to master reset the system?

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think my response on GPS with map apps may be wrong. I did a google search and found information that says that Android Auto will use all sources (Car GPS - if available, phone GPS, phone network location) and will use and aggregate of this, however CAR GPS will be the one with more weight compared to the other sources.

I'll follow this discussion to try and learn more from the experts that know more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
F150 Voodoo

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Is this GPS lost issue based on the onboard Ford navigation map, or are you using Google or Waze maps from your phone and projecting it onto the center console screen?

• If it is a problem with the onboard Ford navigation map, I would take it in to the dealer and have it checked out....maybe a loose connection to the GPS antenna on the roof or something like that.
  • If it is a problem using a map app from your cell phone, maybe your phone is having a problem picking up a GPS signal inside the truck. Do you have tinted windows? Cheap (non ceramic) tint on windows can cause problems with cell phones.
This issue is with the Ford Nav.

It happens without Carplay enabled. I first thought it was Carplay so I disconnected it and the problem was still there. I am thinking I need to get it to a dealer, but man it sucks to take time out of my day to deal with something so minor.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have had a similar thing happen using the Ford navigation. The odd thing is that the GPS continues to track my position and I could start new routes "without GPS".

Feels more like a software thing than the hardware actually being dysfunctional.

Edited to add: This has happened twice over 10,000 miles and resolved itself after a couple of minutes. It's not an everyday issue (for me).

Ford F-150 No GPS Icon GPS

OP
OP
F150 Voodoo

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Looks like I will be going to the dealership. I did the master reset before I drove him and the problem happened within 10 mins. I travel across a massive bridge in south Louisiana for 25 mins so there is absolutely nothing that could block the signal.

I am sure this is going to a disaster to get resolved.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good luck. I hope that you can get this resolved quickly.

Just a shot in the dark, but one more question. Do you have any other electronics in the car like a CB, Dashcam, etc? Sometimes placement of electronics and frequencies can cause interference. If so, turn off everything that could cause interference to be sure that only the electronics that came with the vehicle are being evaluated. Rule out everything non factory, I'd leave the phone out of the vehicle too.

Sponsored

sh0rtyii

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 xlt
Occupation
engineer
I have had a similar thing happen using the Ford navigation. The odd thing is that the GPS continues to track my position and I could start new routes "without GPS".

Feels more like a software thing than the hardware actually being dysfunctional.

Edited to add: This has happened twice over 10,000 miles and resolved itself after a couple of minutes. It's not an everyday issue (for me).

GPS.jpg
I have seen the same icon, with my iphone connected and without. It wouldn't go away but still tracked my position.

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
Happened to me on the return leg of my first long trip and the truck thought I was going the opposite direction and was in timbuktu and my location was bouncing all over the place. Screwed up Blue Cruise, trip tracker in Fordpass, etc. Ended up doing a master reset the next day to fix it. I'm taking the same Journey for Thanksgiving, we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
F150 Voodoo

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Update 12-7-2021.

I talked to a service tech and he said it was a GPS dead zone. I don't think he is correct because there is no way the entire city I am near is a dead zone. The only option they gave me was to schedule an appointment and let a certified master tech take a look at it for a few days.

I told them I would consider doing that in Early 2022. I just cannot be without a vehicle for 2-3 days for something as trivial as this.

So as of now I don't have an answer, but it happens every day.
Sponsored