Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Not really a 'stripper' like in years past.
man, I know I am getting old, I remember as a kid even the back bumper was an option, and then usually it was a big ugly silver or white painted thing with the dealer name engraved all the way across it. somehow they classified pickups as non passenger cars and found a way around bumper regulations as I recall.

the benefit to no bumper was the tailgate would swing all the way vertical down if you wanted it to.
Sponsored

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm not interested in a lot of options heated cooled seats or steering wheel for example but I do wish I could get the 360 camera, power drivers seat carpet maybe..I think the original work surface that would swing to the driver instead of folding straight out might be cool. But the XL does have the most important things to me standard. Including a hitch, locker (2 wheel drive) power window and locks and most of all the 5.0 with the 12" screen and dash. I think Ford was smart to make the regular cab have more content.. Because of that I believe regular cab trucks will be more popular and sales will go up a lot! Cost is part of that too. I KNOW I would not spend over $50,000.00 for a new truck and I think a lot of folks who are on the fence on buying new will choose a regular cab simply because they can't afford a Crew or Supercab. If you need a 8' bed it's the only way to get one...
Edit: The main reason for buying new for me was to get as many advanced safety features and tech as my budget would allow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
skiatl

skiatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Iconic Silver XL RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Retired
I'm not interested in a lot of options heated cooled seats or steering wheel for example but I do wish I could get the 360 camera, power drivers seat carpet maybe..I think the original work surface that would swing to the driver instead of folding straight out might be cool. But the XL does have the most important things to me standard. Including a hitch, locker (2 wheel drive) power window and locks and most of all the 5.0 with the 12" screen and dash. I think Ford was smart to make the regular cab have more content.. Because of that I believe regular cab trucks will be more popular and sales will go up a lot! Cost is part of that too. I KNOW I would not spend over $50,000.00 for a new truck and I think a lot of folks who are on the fence on buying new will choose a regular cab simply because they can't afford a Crew or Supercab. If you need a 8' bed it's the only way to get one...
Edit: The main reason for buying new for me was to get as many advanced safety features and tech as my budget would allow.
I bought an XL for same reason lots of tech standard comes with V8 , and I only need a reg cab. But IMO Ford should have push button start on all trim levels.

gtchs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 RCSB soon
I bought an XL for same reason lots of tech standard comes with V8 , and I only need a reg cab. But IMO Ford should have push button start on all trim levels.
Agreed on the push button start. Also, I'm glad they went with LED headlights but come on Ford, give us LED taillights standard too!

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
Cost is part of that too. I KNOW I would not spend over $50,000.00 for a new truck and I think a lot of folks who are on the fence on buying new will choose a regular cab simply because they can't afford a Crew or Supercab. If you need a 8' bed it's the only way to get one.
Was a big part of my decision to go regular cab. I was contemplating getting a Supercab, but after pricing it out and comparing the options available it just didn’t make any sense to get the bigger cab. I think it was around 10k (CAD) more and that was keeping with the XL trim. For what comes standard on the 24 RCSB it represents really good value in my opinion, especially considering the prices of modern trucks.

Sponsored

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I built the exact same truck in regular cab short bed and Supercab (including the 5.0) and the extended cab was $7,000.00 more.. Now I did buy a new 1995 Supercab with no back seat but the kids are grown wife passed and I simply don't carry passangers often. It would increase my payment by at least $150.00 a month. Same adding 4×4. Just not worth it to me..

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
It looks real good, ordered mine in antimatter blue with the chrome package and vinyl seats. Wanted red but color not available.
I got mine in Antimatter Blue Metallic as well. I got the 103A package too. I wanted the fog lights and the 103A package was the only way. I have ordered 3M 2080 wrapping material to match the paint to try my hand at wrapping the bumpers.
I got mine last week and it didn’t come with the storage in the center arm rest. I may try to add that and the overhead panel. I need some place to put my sunglasses.
Sponsored