Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Checked the voltage this morning and for the first time its at a somewhat healthy 12.36V with 70% SOC!!!! Finally, some good signs that the zone lighting may be the culprit. Please note that at first I tried turning off the zone lighting with the app and that didn't do it. I confirmed through the center console it was still on so I turned it off manually.
That doesn’t sound too bad. I’m going to get out the DMM and check my voltage as well.
Sponsored

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Just went out to the truck to make sure it’s off.
Checked the voltage this morning and for the first time its at a somewhat healthy 12.36V with 70% SOC!!!! Finally, some good signs that the zone lighting may be the culprit. Please note that at first I tried turning off the zone lighting with the app and that didn't do it. I confirmed through the center console it was still on so I turned it off manually.
Good to hear this!
I shut off the zone lighting as well through the console and have no problem with leaving it off for now. With an OTA lined up and coming in April hopeful it will correct the issue (among others) and the option functions the way it was supposed to.

Honestly haven’t played with the setting much as I haven’t needed to so I’m wondering what’s the difference of leaving the power button on and off?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, just checked my battery after sitting overnight: 12.22V. Meh, a tick above 60% SOC.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, just checked my battery after sitting overnight: 12.22V. Meh, a tick above 60% SOC.
Just a follow up to this. I only started my vehicle twice yesterday to move it in the driveway. I checked the battery voltage just now: 12.12V.
50 degrees here right now.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
How did you check your voltage, is there a way to do it in settings and on screen?
Or did you do an under hood check??
Thanks

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone notice on the sync screen upon startup a very quick pop up on the top of the screen mentioning “low power mode enabled”? Is that for the propower or for engine 12v battery?
Just noticed that pop up for the first time for figured I’d ask if anyone else spotted this. The truck stayed with engine on for the first 10 minutes of my trip until it went into electric mode so I’m guessing it had to do with the lithium battery being cold/needing charge and not the 12v.

Sponsored

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just a follow up to this. I only started my vehicle twice yesterday to move it in the driveway. I checked the battery voltage just now: 12.12V.
50 degrees here right now.
Alarm thing happened to me for the third time. Figured what the heck let me check the battery... maybe that’s causing some kind of issue. This was about 3 hours after a long ride (1.5 hour drive time) and the battery was at 12.45v. Not sure if that’s a good SOC after a 1.5 hour ride. I would think 12.6v or slightly above would’ve been a solid reading so I’m going to check it again in the morning. Either way, the battery was no where low enough to be triggering false alarms. It must be something with the motion sensors.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Dead battery today after being out of town for 11 days. Zone lighting was DISABLED per advice from Ford.

Glad we took the wife's car to the airport, or I would have been pissed instead of just fairly annoyed.

On a battery charger now.

Ford needs to get a fix out ASAP... not the end of April.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
Dead battery today after being out of town for 11 days. Zone lighting was DISABLED per advice from Ford.

Glad we took the wife's car to the airport, or I would have been pissed instead of just fairly annoyed.

On a battery charger now.

Ford needs to get a fix out ASAP... not the end of April.
Have you had your battery replaced?

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Have you had your battery replaced?
No... After being on the battery charger for 3 hours no life in the battery at all.

I did send a text of the problem to my service rep at the dealership. Have not heard back yet.

Going to the airport in a week, this time with skis and a lot of luggage, so definitely planned on taking my new truck. Now I can't trust it to sit there for a long period of time and be able to start when I get back in town. :mad:

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
After 24 hours on a quality battery charger (BatteryMinder), battery was still DEAD, no life in vehicle. :(

Jump started it successfully with a portable power bank (Type S 400A Peak / 10000mAh), fired right up.

Going to call my Ford dealer now.... New battery? Flash update? Both?

Frustrating!
Sponsored