Sponsored

Question about Pro Trailer Hitch Assist

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I'm pretty sure I do t have that in my truck. I don't have a button like that. Maybe the dynamic is the zoom button on reverse cam screen to zoom to see better. Which thats all I think I really need anyway

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Ok soni Google it. The dynamic is the black dotted line in middle of tracks on screen in reverse so you know where to put your center of truck. I have that. Lol

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I use my PTHA all the time. As @FordPrefect said, sometimes it’s off by an inch or two front to back, but I think that’s an issue with my specific setup—it seems to think the trailer is a bit closer than it actually is, and thinks that it’s going to hit, so stops a bit short.

It’s a bit finicky, but I love it! Sure, I could do the same thing with the cameras, but it would take a bit longer. Since I’m guessing that this whole feature is “something else cool that they could do with the existing technologies” using cameras and sensors that were already installed for other reasons, it’s just gravy, not a critical new technology.

Whichever engineers they have on staff thinking up these cool new uses for technology that they’ve already included, please keep it up!!

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I tried it under several real world scenarios (more than a dozen attempts) and only got it to work once.

That was with a plain 2" shank and ball.

On my WDH, (weighsafe middleweight) it focuses on the adjustment part, misreading that as the ball.

Does that with just the camera view too, giving a false reading of the needed angles.

If there is a way to custom calibrate it, I haven't found it yet.

When setting up the sticker, several vids describe the various measurements needed and one was from the ball, to the camera but the on board set up didn't ask for that.

Sponsored

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
I tried it under several real world scenarios (more than a dozen attempts) and only got it to work once.

That was with a plain 2" shank and ball.

On my WDH, (weighsafe middleweight) it focuses on the adjustment part, misreading that as the ball.

Does that with just the camera view too, giving a false reading of the needed angles.

If there is a way to custom calibrate it, I haven't found it yet.

When setting up the sticker, several vids describe the various measurements needed and one was from the ball, to the camera but the on board set up didn't ask for that.
Just a note: The stickers have zero to do with hitch assist. Those are for the backup assist if you don't have a yaw sensor on the trailer.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I’ve found the “straight down on the ball” camera view to be all I need to quickly & accurately pull directly under the hitch every time. (I'm assuming everyone with 360 cameras has that)

It one of those things that make me wonder how I ever did it before…

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Just a note: The stickers have zero to do with hitch assist. Those are for the backup assist if you don't have a yaw sensor on the trailer.
Yes but for trucks equipped with all of them, as mine is, the system is integrated. Or at least seems so, since it all uses the same tech parts.
Sponsored

Last edited: