Last edited:

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
Didn't realize the full electric F-150 was coming next year. So it'll beat the Tesla Cybertruck to market but will come after Rivian. I wonder if it helps or hurts more to be later to market in this new electric pickup space.

maduck

Threads
Reaction score
Didn't realize the full electric F-150 was coming next year. So it'll beat the Tesla Cybertruck to market but will come after Rivian. I wonder if it helps or hurts more to be later to market in this new electric pickup space.
I think for Tesla and Rivian who both are untested in the truck space, waiting to see what Ford brings with the BEV F-150 would be wise. This is Ford's crown jewel and they're pushing all in on electric so you know they are going to bring it strong.

Degrominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 King Ranch
I think for Tesla and Rivian who both are untested in the truck space, waiting to see what Ford brings with the BEV F-150 would be wise. This is Ford's crown jewel and they're pushing all in on electric so you know they are going to bring it strong.
Both the Rivian R1T and electric F-150 are scheduled for later this year so it'll be interesting to see who hits the market first. At this point, both are close enough to launch where it doesn't matter which one launches first since it's too late to make significant engineering changes in response each other.

CHP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Occupation
LE
Both the Rivian R1T and electric F-150 are scheduled for later this year so it'll be interesting to see who hits the market first. At this point, both are close enough to launch where it doesn't matter which one launches first since it's too late to make significant engineering changes in response each other.
Ford certainly has more brand loyalists, and the electric F150 will likely be more suitable to current 'truck people', but my two questions are (1) do those Ford brand loyalists want a BEV F-150, or will they stick with ICE? and (2) Can Ford manufacture enough BEV batteries/motors to outsell Tesla? The 50k production limit of the Mach E could point to manufacturing/sourcing limitations.

Sponsored

maduck

Threads
Reaction score
Ford certainly has more brand loyalists, and the electric F150 will likely be more suitable to current 'truck people', but my two questions are (1) do those Ford brand loyalists want a BEV F-150, or will they stick with ICE? and (2) Can Ford manufacture enough BEV batteries/motors to outsell Tesla? The 50k production limit of the Mach E could point to manufacturing/sourcing limitations.
Why does Ford need to outsell Tesla? It begs the question whether they will even breakout the Electric F150 sales. They will likely just be rolled into overall F150 sales numbers. Being the #1 selling vehicle for 35 (?) years straight, I dont think Ford is concerned since it's all gravy to them. On the other hand for Tesla, not only is there fierce competition but if overall EV adoption for pickups remains small they lose no matter what.

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
I believe Ford stated the 50,000 production limit for Mach-E was for the first year only. The electric P702 F-150 won't be out for another two years before it reaches production (I believe) so Ford has time to address the battery supply issues.

F150Writer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor
Occupation
Writer
Would love to write about this for Torque News, where I'm the F-150 writer, but does someone have a couple photos I can use with permission. Happy to source the photos, etc.

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Here is the current anticipated timeline for the 14th gen F-150:

2020 (Calendar Year)
2021 F-150
2021 F-150 Hybrid

2021 (Calendar Year)
2022 F-150 BEV (Full Electric)
Are these production dates? Market launch dates (when they land at dealers)?

Sponsored

GerhardCA

First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey Crossroad
Occupation
Professional Services Manager
Has anyone heard any updated news on Market launch dates?