News on Chip shortage/ Intel inside?

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
“The used trucks also are much cheaper than the new F150s, which are jumping in price because of the limited supply and heavy demand” Chip shortage means people waiting in line for Ford pickups

“Intel will seek to provide rapid assistance to car companies suffering from the shortage, including Ford Motor Co (F). and General Motors (GM), according to Reuters. An Intel spokesperson confirmed the report to CNN Business.”
Car-making nightmare could soon get a fix, thanks to Intel
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Interesting, glad Intel has the capability to gear up reasonably quickly.

The quote on used trucks was funny to me and maybe its just a market thing. Around here there are lots of new trucks on lots, however, not so many used. I ordered a new F150 because the price was only a couple grand more than used (after x-plan and rebates). Certainly not what I would consider much cheaper.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
It is going to take Intel time to get ramped up, but in the end this is going to be great news for the industry. Used vehicle prices, as a whole, are outrageous right now. The dealer has my Tacoma on their lot for $500 less than what I bought it new for in late 2018. My sister is shopping for a Jeep and the deals on new ones are almost better than they are on used models.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Used trucks have gone up in value without question. I had my '16 Platinum for 11 months (replaced with my '21 Platinum special order). I put over 12k miles on my '16 Platinum and traded it in for exactly $300 less than I paid for it. Pretty low cost of ownership. I bought the '16 Platinum just before the COVID hysteria.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
This is funny. Back when I worked there it was UNHEARD OF to even think about offering the intel fabs to produce for other companies. They always tried to fill the capacity with internal designs but you gotta figure you can't keep doing that. This is great they have changed mindset in recent years and can fill the fabs with other companies designs and still get the $$$ of sunken cost back.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Used trucks have gone up in value without question.
After placing my order I put my 2011 Escape up for sale. It was surprising that value showed in KBB as 5k even with nearly 200k miles.... and I got that without too much effort.
Sponsored