Sponsored

Doggydoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Wondering if we can get this feature added after?

I ordered my F150 and a vin got assigned and when I looked at the Ford tracking website, the details showed it has the Auto Start removal. I didn’t ask for this to be removed, and I doubt I can get it changed to be added now that the vin has been assigned
Sponsored

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 150 Antimatter Platinum FX4
My truck just got built can they take it off at dealer and send chip back. Or can I just take out the chip
On my last F150 I turned it off with forescan software and the laptop and later read that it can be disabled with pulling a certain wire behind the drivers kick panel. On my new order I just took the $50 kickback and deleted it from the build.. I really hated it so good riddance AND How in the world could that not lead to an earlier starter motor failure ???

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Per Ford:
Please be aware of the current product optimization actions (EFC09899 & EFC09922)
Start/Stop Removal
Active Park Assist Removal
Updated Headlamps Offerings XLT (302A) & Lariat (501A)
Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 Restriction

So, what is happening with Trucks that are being built? Are Ford automatically removing the Auto Start/Stop even if you haven't had it removed or do you have to have it removed before your truck will go into Production? I have seen the $50 Credit on Window Stickers when it is removed but dont know if this is for only those who specifically requested it to be removed.

Anyone who has comments that recently received their truck that has been affected by this would be appreciated.

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Wondering if we can get this feature added after?

I ordered my F150 and a vin got assigned and when I looked at the Ford tracking website, the details showed it has the Auto Start removal. I didn’t ask for this to be removed, and I doubt I can get it changed to be added now that the vin has been assigned
You can have mine for free!

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
On my last F150 I turned it off with forescan software and the laptop and later read that it can be disabled with pulling a certain wire behind the drivers kick panel. On my new order I just took the $50 kickback and deleted it from the build.. I really hated it so good riddance AND How in the world could that not lead to an earlier starter motor failure ???
It wont. They did not add this feature in a vacuum. All Auto makers have had it for years, at least 10, with no starter issues.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Per Ford:
Please be aware of the current product optimization actions (EFC09899 & EFC09922)
Start/Stop Removal
Active Park Assist Removal
Updated Headlamps Offerings XLT (302A) & Lariat (501A)
Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 Restriction

So, what is happening with Trucks that are being built? Are Ford automatically removing the Auto Start/Stop even if you haven't had it removed or do you have to have it removed before your truck will go into Production? I have seen the $50 Credit on Window Stickers when it is removed but dont know if this is for only those who specifically requested it to be removed.

Anyone who has comments that recently received their truck that has been affected by this would be appreciated.
mine was removed automatically. If it’s not removed it doesn’t Get built. I was not notified that it was being removed. Not that I mind. Just fyi is all
Sponsored