Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve only had my truck for about a week now but so far I like the feature. I am wondering how it’s going to work out in the winter when it’s very cold out. There will always be the option of hitting the button the dash.

Only took me about 2 weeks to get use to it on my '18

As far as in the winter, it will work the same as it does the rest of the year. As long as your HVAC isn't at full blast, the heat/defrost will still work at stop lights.
Sponsored

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Only took me about 2 weeks to get use to it on my '18

As far as in the winter, it will work the same as it does the rest of the year. As long as your HVAC isn't at full blast, the heat/defrost will still work at stop lights.
Good. I hate the cold. LOL

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Thankfully, with a Powerboost I don't have to worry about Auto Start/Stop. I agree with a few posts, that I would not want a used truck that had been changed from standard for lack of chips.

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
I wont mind it, because I could always shut it off with the dash button like stated before. Im concerned as to how it will play out during the hot summers in So Cal but again i can always shut it off.

HOWEVER, how much would it really move my order up? I'm set for a build week of 07/13 and I do have my VIN (which leads me to also think its too late).

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
How much money would Ford give customers to take a manual transmission and carburetors? That should save some chips!

I'm ambivalent about the A.S.S. during regular driving but it really annoys me when I am trying to park, or the truck hasn't warmed up yet.

Two things:

1. They might bump you up to a $75 credit off your window sticker for the five speed, and carbs
  2. GREAT acronym for the Auto Start-Stop!! ?

Sponsored

Nicperron

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My order was picked up for scheduling 2 weeks ago, scheduled to be built week of sept 20. Would adding this feature (auto start stop removal) change my scheduled build date sooner or it’s not worth it?

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
My order was picked up for scheduling 2 weeks ago, scheduled to be built week of sept 20. Would adding this feature (auto start stop removal) change my scheduled build date sooner or it’s not worth it?
If you have a VIN I don't believe you are able to make any changes.

dweller

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon maybe 2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB 4x4 Lead Foot
Occupation
Army
I wont mind it, because I could always shut it off with the dash button like stated before. Im concerned as to how it will play out during the hot summers in So Cal but again i can always shut it off.

HOWEVER, how much would it really move my order up? I'm set for a build week of 07/13 and I do have my VIN (which leads me to also think its too late).
I am wondering the same thing. I don’t have a VIN yet, and would be willing to forego auto start/stop. I don’t know if there are other features/options that are holding up my build, though. There’s no way of knowing if removing stop/start will actually speed up my build which makes it hard. With it being the default for stock orders, maybe it won’t have a huge impact on retail orders. I dunno.

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
If you have a VIN I don't believe you are able to make any changes.
Yeah I tried and my dealer said since I already have a VIN and build date I cannot make changes.

thicctacoboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Dealer reached out to me saying I can remove it. I have a PB Lariat, thought I could not.

Got it removed, so we will see what happens.

Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I would definitely have chosen that option, if it was available when I ordered my truck.

dweller

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon maybe 2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB 4x4 Lead Foot
Occupation
Army
Dealer said they added the 52X to my build. No VIN yet so hopefully it’ll get my build moving. I have a lot of other techy stuff, though. 360 camera, smart scale, Co-Pilot assist, 2kW pro power. Wonder if they’ll hold up my build, too, or chip shortage is worst for auto start/stop. If by some miracle I take delivery by October I’d be so stoked.

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've been curious what this does for the Powerboost since I found this Window Sticker on ford.com

Shows that the Auto Start/Stop has been removed but I too thought that the electric part of the engine was handling that. Would this possibly mean that this engine would not turn off? Or am reading this completely wrong?

Ford F-150 News: Ford now offering Auto Start/Stop removal option on F-150s for customers to get their trucks sooner Powerboost.JPG
Sponsored