Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I’m with you. I kinda want it. As an engineer, I appreciate all of the efficiency gains you can get.
I do appreciate it, and would use it in the winter if it was opt-in instead of default on. Around here we need full AC all the time in summer and having rented a 2020 with the feature I know going in that the truck cab gets way too uncomfortable before it decides it needs to restart the engine to maintain climate comfort.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I’m with you. I kinda want it. As an engineer, I appreciate all of the efficiency gains you can get.
Yeah, I want it for the little mileage savings too. I like the options to turn it off. And it turns off anyways if in tow/haul mode.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I wish they woudl just allow us to disable it instead of reenabling it in every start up.

On my old 2018 Honda Odyessy, you can avoid the auto start stop by not pushing the brakes to the floor, which is nice if you dont want it start up.

Funny point, when on crusie control with LKAS on the F150, when you are in traffic, it will automatically stop the car, shut the engine off, and then auto resume again on its own, which i found hilarious!.

Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
MY 2016 F150 with the 2.7L had Auto Stop/Start and my 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon had "ESS". I know its EPA driven but I just wish that manufacture's would have designed it to have memory so that if it was turned off it would stay off. There are $100 parts you can buy to add on that do that for you but it just seems more logical. There were times I didn't mind it but times it did annoy me.
They purposely make it so you can't permanently turn it off. Something to do with keeping the EPA rating.

Southern Girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 74 Bronco
Why not start letting us order a la carte. I would love to order a Platinum without adaptive cruise control, lane keep and other technology. Surely, this would save on chips.
I'm pretty sure I bought a Space Ghost Coast to Coast CD from Service Merchandise about 26 years ago. I haven't heard of it since then. Just commenting on your username. :LOL:

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I do appreciate it, and would use it in the winter if it was opt-in instead of default on. Around here we need full AC all the time in summer and having rented a 2020 with the feature I know going in that the truck cab gets way too uncomfortable before it decides it needs to restart the engine to maintain climate comfort.
This is my primary gripe with auto stop/start. When it’s hot and humid outside and the cab is finally cooled off the last thing I appreciate is suddenly humid and barely chilled air blowing out of the vents at a traffic light. I feel like it takes 10 min for the cab to get comfortable again.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
At least Ford was able to hold out a few more weeks.

General Motors is hacking their vehicles apart trying to save microchips it seems. They are omitting HD Radio tuning, Auto Start-Stop, wireless charging pads, and more in an attempt to conserve those microchips. Their Silverado and GMC lineups seem to be getting the bulk of the forced option deletes...

“Due to the global, industry-wide shortage of semiconductors, GM is removing the HD Radio feature from certain 2021 model year Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 units. All 2022 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 HD models will also not have HD Radio. The change takes effect “starting with vehicles scheduled for production on or after July 12, 2021.KBB.com

Fortunately, I think this is a smart move by Ford as most F-150 consumers find the Auto Start-Stop feature to be a hassle, so its a win-win. Hopefully they don't have to start taking other parts off like GM has had to do.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
How much money would Ford give customers to take a manual transmission and carburetors? That should save some chips!

I'm ambivalent about the A.S.S. during regular driving but it really annoys me when I am trying to park, or the truck hasn't warmed up yet.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
I use it all the time
I’ve only had my truck for about a week now but so far I like the feature. I am wondering how it’s going to work out in the winter when it’s very cold out. There will always be the option of hitting the button the dash.
Sponsored