Sponsored

PhilJ

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone know how long the delivery hold will be for this? Has anyone had theirs cleared?

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Anyone know how long the delivery hold will be for this? Has anyone had theirs cleared?
There's no bulletin (fix) as of yesterday. Thi is just a notice to U.S. Dealers, Excluding canadian dealers. They don't know anything about this yet, but that will change shortly. I would bet my left nut, that they're all over it to get the fix ASAP.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Finally!

the weird part is that this didn’t start happening to mine until after an OTA update

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Finally!

the weird part is that this didn’t start happening to mine until after an OTA update
Got mine on July29 and towed my small trailer next day. Alarm kept going off till i unplugged the 4 pin connector, and did the same again another time. I do believe they checked (and installed)for updates before i took it home

Sponsored

gvales

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Firefighter
How do you know if you have the update already?

Last edited:

defran02

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4X4 Sport 302a, 2020 Honda Pilot
Is there a way to get the VIN lists? My truck has been at the dealership for over 4 weeks with this issue.....

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Is there a way to get the VIN lists? My truck has been at the dealership for over 4 weeks with this issue.....
Doubt that. Shows up in Oasiy when dealer enters your vin, if it applies to you. Have you taken possession of your truck and you took it back, or has it been delivered and they're sitting on it till a update is available as per instructions in the delivery hold?

defran02

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4X4 Sport 302a, 2020 Honda Pilot
Doubt that. Shows up in Oasiy when dealer enters your vin, if it applies to you. Have you taken possession of your truck and you took it back, or has it been delivered and they're sitting on it till a update is available as per instructions in the delivery hold?
Oddly I bought my truck on 1/2/21 so it is outside the window of this hold. But my truck did this every time a trailer was attached...and happened on multiple trailers at that. The dealership has had my truck for over 4 weeks trying to figure it out along with replacing a number of dash panels due to poor removal leaving pry marks all over when they were trying to fix it the first time I took it for them to fix the trailer issue. They also messed up my auto wipers when I took it in for the windshield recall. So they are fixing that too.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Oddly I bought my truck on 1/2/21 so it is outside the window of this hold. But my truck did this every time a trailer was attached...and happened on multiple trailers at that. The dealership has had my truck for over 4 weeks trying to figure it out along with replacing a number of dash panels due to poor removal leaving pry marks all over when they were trying to fix it the first time I took it for them to fix the trailer issue. They also messed up my auto wipers when I took it in for the windshield recall. So they are fixing that too.
That sucks, but at least they're fixing what they damaged. The dates they listed apparently aren't edged in stone and yours falls into that nessesary update once it's available. Dealers can't fix it otherwise. Just have to grid our teeth and wait, but I wouldn't leave my truck there till then.

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Anybody have any updates on this? I just took my 7/21 KC built truck on a week long trip towing a 5x8 U Haul trailer. The only way I could avoid a false trailer alarm was to disconnect the 4 wire connector each time we locked up for the night. I don't pull a trailer very often but if there's now a fix, I'll have the dealer take care of it next time it's in the shop.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Anybody have any updates on this? I just took my 7/21 KC built truck on a week long trip towing a 5x8 U Haul trailer. The only way I could avoid a false trailer alarm was to disconnect the 4 wire connector each time we locked up for the night. I don't pull a trailer very often but if there's now a fix, I'll have the dealer take care of it next time it's in the shop.
No update yet as far as i know. Dealer is supposed to let me know when the fix is finally available. Arrival keeps getting pushed back....
Sponsored