First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Sport
Occupation
retired
Have a brand new 2022 F150 sport with less than 1500 miles. Last two mornings I received a message on the Ford pass app that the truck went into Deep sleep mode to conserve battery life and remote start is unavailable. This morning the battery is dead. I was watching the truck lights to monitor that they were going off after shut down and I believe they were all off. Not sure what is draining the battery. Any ideas?
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
This is a widely discussed topic going back to the first of the 2021 F-150s. There are a few threads here that go into greater detail.

My November of 2020 built, 2021 XLT had this issue and I was left with a dead battery more than once. In my case they ended up replacing the battery which took care of my issue.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
More common than you might think.
Some are convinced of bad crop of batteries.
Some believe long storage for chip constraints killed the health of the battery.
Some believe the trucks have a module(s) not shutting down properly within the 75minute limit supposedly designed into the truck.

I personally believe that all of the stated reasons apply to one truck or another.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Have a brand new 2022 F150 sport with less than 1500 miles. Last two mornings I received a message on the Ford pass app that the truck went into Deep sleep mode to conserve battery life and remote start is unavailable. This morning the battery is dead. I was watching the truck lights to monitor that they were going off after shut down and I believe they were all off. Not sure what is draining the battery. Any ideas?
Hi there, Jerry. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end!

Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
The zone lighting may have been left on. If your truck is equipped with it.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

There's a few things to take into account here. It's not uncommon to have a bad battery out of the gate. In 1500 miles the battery has been through a few heat cycles and if there was a weak cell or internal fault causing a shorted cell, that's usually when it's discovered.

Was your truck a chip hold unit? If so then it's possible that it sat there in a lot for months and drained the battery down to the point of shorting a cell. There may also be a module or other electrical drain pulling the battery voltage down to the point of putting the truck into low power reserve mode.

Ford by default has the battery charge limit set to 80% (12.5v) and if the truck sits for extended period of time the various modules that continue to remain active will drain the system. This includes the perimeter alarm and onboard modems etc. These electrical vampires can/will drain the battery to below 12.1v (50%) charge in a matter of days. Using Forscan to increase the Battery Max Charge Limit to 90-95% usually resolves this as well as running a battery tender if the truck is going to sit unstarted for multiple days at a time. During Covid my 20 Ranger would frequently give me the same alert as yours. I increased the charge limit from 80 to 95% and never had an alert after that. This was also one of the first Forscan mods I did with the F150.

The alternator cannot effectively charge the battery at idle so try taking the truck out for a good long drive, at least 10+ miles at freeway speeds. Then park it and see if you get the notification the next day. If so then you probably want to take it in so the dealer can check the battery and replace if needed. If it does not give you the low power notice then it's just the system being in a slightly discharged state due to sitting and a battery tender or upping the charge limit with Forscan may resolve it for you.

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm pretty sure ford uses palantir's software package/s.
If you're not familiar with who palantir is, it's skynet, and they're tracking everything to do with your vehicle. Furthermore, ford playing dumb about sending them a message --- they know EVERYTHING wrong with every one of their vehicles. I do mean EVERYTHING.

Palantir is the reason that UA is making fools of RU right now.....
because it's skynet.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm pretty sure ford uses palantir's software package/s.
If you're not familiar with who palantir is, it's skynet, and they're tracking everything to do with your vehicle. Furthermore, ford playing dumb about sending them a message --- they know EVERYTHING wrong with every one of their vehicles. I do mean EVERYTHING.

Palantir is the reason that UA is making fools of RU right now.....
because it's skynet.
Ford F-150 New vehicle-dead battery 200w

Sponsored

OP
OP

JDay

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Sport
Occupation
retired

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
AND to toss a bit of stuff on the pile.
look at the building specification sheet for model year 2022 battery might not be what was supposed to be installed
mine was the lesser and ford changed it to the 800 as per the table and help here from the ford people watching and soc was raised to 95%
zero battery issues since . i am happy camper

Ford F-150 New vehicle-dead battery battery

Ford F-150 New vehicle-dead battery battery3

Ford F-150 New vehicle-dead battery new battery

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Fortunately, mine came from the factory as an 800.
Sponsored