Sponsored

NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Got my C1R installed today.

No issues thus far, but I didn’t leave the driveway. The truck did not think a trailer was back there, I did not initially get a response from the running or brake light, helped the connectors to get it together and it’s work great now, spare tire makes things a little snug back there, but not ridiculous, installs in warmer conditions probably make life a lot easier, the gray retaining clip for my OEM 7pin connector is inside of or on top of the frame in the rear somewhere, if nothing had impeded it’s path, it’d probably be in a low earth orbit.

I’m very pleased so far.

1. C1R
FCADDF7B-785E-46FF-A9D8-225E60FB13D6.jpeg

2. Reverse
8AD634CD-813A-4B63-8A57-EF103826B100.jpeg

3. Action
Any chance of taking reverse light pictures using side mirrors?
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I’ve updated my original post where I incorrectly captioned a photo and want to expand on my opinion a bit.

I don’t think the side mirror shots in my current environment give it a fair shake.

Yes that is the view from my anti glare side view mirrors, but it is super obvious when and where the C1R is throwing light when in reverse and that’s something I have to applaud DD for. It’s not flooding everything and everyone with light behind the truck, rather, it’s casting the light on the ground behind the truck in a very effective manner, it’s hard to miss, but it’s not taking out retinas and getting deer stuck in the headlights so to say.

Still not having any trailer code issues, love the subtle strobe effect during braking, it’s rare I’m not in the vehicle with family and making us more visible to folks behind without leaving them blind is nice.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I’ve updated my original post where I incorrectly captioned a photo and want to expand on my opinion a bit.

I don’t think the side mirror shots in my current environment give it a fair shake.

Yes that is the view from my anti glare side view mirrors, but it is super obvious when and where the C1R is throwing light when in reverse and that’s something I have to applaud DD for. It’s not flooding everything and everyone with light behind the truck, rather, it’s casting the light on the ground behind the truck in a very effective manner, it’s hard to miss, but it’s not taking out retinas and getting deer stuck in the headlights so to say.

Still not having any trailer code issues, love the subtle strobe effect during braking, it’s rare I’m not in the vehicle with family and making us more visible to folks behind without leaving them blind is nice.
When you have the truck in reverse and you are using the backup camera and backup vectoring lines for guidance in a tricky driveway, does the additional light "overpower" the screen at all or does it just give you a brighter "clear" view.

Some cameras do not have a good dynamic range (light to dark) so when you have dark areas the camera compensates by blowing out the highlight lit up areas. This over exposure giving you blown out areas was my concern.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
When you have the truck in reverse and you are using the backup camera and backup vectoring lines for guidance in a tricky driveway, does the additional light "overpower" the screen at all or does it just give you a brighter "clear" view.

Some cameras do not have a good dynamic range (light to dark) so when you have dark areas the camera compensates by blowing out the highlight lit up areas. This over exposure giving you blown out areas was my concern.
This will largely depend on surfaces the light is being reflected upon, reflectors that may be present, etc., but I didn't find the C1R to cause any over exposure areas, that may be in part due to my license plate LEDs already blasting the camera, less bright license plate lights or deflectors to keep the light from shining directly into the camera would probably yield a different look.

Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I received mine yesterday (2.17.23) Unfortunately it was a total failure. truck detected a trailer which disables all my rear safety stuff. Pod didn't strobe on brake and pissed off both turn signals thinking they were bad.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I received mine yesterday (2.17.23) Unfortunately it was a total failure. truck detected a trailer which disables all my rear safety stuff. Pod didn't strobe on brake and pissed off both turn signals thinking they were bad.
Sorry to hear this about this inconvenience,

There are a few models still experiencing issues but our engineering team is working hard on a revision to fix this for the few owners running into hiccups.

Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to take care of you!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! jwNkPhv

Our Spring Sale is LIVE! 🚨 Visit our website to SAVE!

➡ Up to 15% OFF All Lighting Upgrades
➡ 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
➡ 10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any order over $300!

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop your ride!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, 3/13/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes. Excludes items with pre-order status.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 0OzmV39

⌛THE CLOCK IS TICKING... ⌛

NOW
is your chance to SAVE up to 15% sitewide on your favorite Diode Dynamics LED lighting products.
➡ Up to 15% OFF LED Lighting Upgrades
➡ Free US Shipping on any order over $300!

CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! qD4beIR

Did you know?
You can find all of the products we offer for your vehicle using our vehicle finder tool! Simply enter the year, make, and model.

SALE EXPIRES 11:59 P.M. MONDAY, MARCH 13TH, 2023.

Discounts cannot be combined with other offers or any previous orders. Excludes items with pre-order status.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Good afternoon everyone!

While our C1R HitchMount is compatible with most vehicles, some newer models experienced trailer detection warnings when using our universal 7-pin C1R harness.

Please note this behavior does NOT apply to the standard C1 Hitchmount.

Our team has designed a Ford-specific harness that is completely plug-and-play with no error messages.

Ford F-150 NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! nNv0Cie

These new harnesses and all HitchMount kits are IN STOCK and ready to ship starting tomorrow!

If you currently own a C1R and have been awaiting the harness, our customer service team is working on reaching out to customers.

To expedite this process, please give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you with this!

Important Notice:

Our Memorial Day Sale begins tomorrow 5/25 and our C1R HitchMount LED Pods with the updated harness will be included in this sale at 15% off.

If you're looking to order ASAP, please consider visiting the website tomorrow for additional savings!

The product listing will be discoverable here later this evening.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/led-off-road-lights/vehicle-kits/ford/f-150.html

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150

🚨 Our Memorial Day Sale is LIVE!!! 🚨

➡ Up to 15% OFF Sitewide
➡ 10% OFF JL/JT Elite Series Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any orders over $300!

Excluded: F150 Elite Series Headlights, and F150 Elite Series Fog Lights

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 6/2/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

Tomzz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Expert
Good afternoon everyone!

While our C1R HitchMount is compatible with most vehicles, some newer models experienced trailer detection warnings when using our universal 7-pin C1R harness.

Please note this behavior does NOT apply to the standard C1 Hitchmount.

Our team has designed a Ford-specific harness that is completely plug-and-play with no error messages.

nNv0Cie.jpg

These new harnesses and all HitchMount kits are IN STOCK and ready to ship starting tomorrow!

If you currently own a C1R and have been awaiting the harness, our customer service team is working on reaching out to customers.

To expedite this process, please give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you with this!

Important Notice:

Our Memorial Day Sale begins tomorrow 5/25 and our C1R HitchMount LED Pods with the updated harness will be included in this sale at 15% off.

If you're looking to order ASAP, please consider visiting the website tomorrow for additional savings!

The product listing will be discoverable here later this evening.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/led-off-road-lights/vehicle-kits/ford/f-150.html
Hi
Im still not clear on if this will affect/detect a trailer. I have 2023 F150

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150

⏳ LAST CHANCE! TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SAVE! ⏳

➡ Up to 15% OFF All Lighting Upgrades
➡ FREE US Shipping on any order over $300!

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop lighting upgrades for your ride!

🚨 Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 06/02/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon code 🚨

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150

Ignite your lighting game this July 4th!

➡ 20% OFF Single Row Stage Series Light Bars
➡ 15% OFF Sitewide
➡ 10% JL/JT Elite Series Headlights

Plus, score FREE shipping and a FREE Diode Flag Tee with any purchase over $300!

NO COUPON CODE REQUIRED

➡
https://www.diodedynamics.com/ ⬅

Excluded: F150 Elite Series Headlights, and F150 Elite Series Fog Lights

Expires at 11:59 p.m., Friday, July, 7th, 2023.
Sponsored