Sponsored

New Scout EV Pickup & SUV site is live!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Is this an IH Scout homage/reboot by VW?

if so, hopefully they give it a proper tailgate rather than the new Bronco’s Jeep style swinging door.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Interesting, I love all these manufacturers getting in on the EV game. I do believe my next vehicle will be an EV.

Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Ummmm there is no choice in the matter.
Not necessarily. California is the only state that currently has a date for banning new ICE vehicles being sold. I think it wil be a good 20-30 more years before we are fully EV only. (just my opinion)

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Not necessarily. California is the only state that currently has a date for banning new ICE vehicles being sold. I think it wil be a good 20-30 more years before we are fully EV only. (just my opinion)
I was under the impression that California had electricity troubles with not being able to supply enough to their customers. And now they are going to add charging of EV's to the under sized hydro grid? Where I live, even our hydro grid would not handle such a high demand.
Ford F-150 New Scout EV Pickup & SUV site is live! FT EV

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
Removed

Last edited:

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
For years car makers sold very dirty diesel powered cars and trucks with special cheat system to get around air pollution standards. The only real fix is to have zero pollution EV cars and trucks to make a dent in the problem in urban areas. England was one of the first countries to recognize this with their deadly smog in cities like London where people die and hospital admissions go sky high.

California is in a class by itself. If it was a country it would have the 4th highest GDP in the world. Fortunate that Californians pay so much more to the federal government so it can pay out more to the red states that take much more than they give.

When plasma televisions first arrived it was calculated that if every household bought one it would triple the number of power plants needed in the country. Along came LED sets that required far less power and no problem to fix.

I provide more than 100% of the electricity we use with the solar panels on the roof of my house and that includes recharging our plug-in hybrid SUV. Air conditioners put the highest loads on the electrical system but no one is saying that air conditioners are bad. Personally I choose to live where I do not need an air conditioner for my house.

Lots of trolls employed by big oil to discredit EV's so there is lots of smoke, much as with the tobacco industry and sugar industry that proved it was easy to plant fear and doubt and paralyze the public.