First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
I should be receiving my new Platinum around the 1st of March. I just haven't gotten over the rim selection Ford made on the new 2021 Platinum model and they also unfortunately elected for it to be the ONLY rim option available when ordering.

I have never bought after market rims, leveled a vehicle etc. and figured my forum friends could give me some pointers or post some pictures of their setups as they get them up and running.

My main question is has anyone considered or moved forward with putting after market rims on the stock tires (in my Platinum case Hankook Dynapro AT2's). I really like the Fuel Rebel Rims shown in the picture attached. My Platinum is Carbonized Gray and I think this colorway of the Rebel (Anthracite with Black Lip) would look amazing.

I just don't know if I want to deal with a 2" Level Kit and getting chunkier tires that may take away ride quality when spending the type of money I am to get the Platinum.

Does anyone have opinions of using the AT2 Tires that are stock with the Fuel Rebel aftermarket rims?

thank you everyone!

Ford F-150 New Rims with Factory Tires? 1612804037523

Ford F-150 New Rims with Factory Tires? 1612804245128
Sponsored

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Where are you located? Take on any inclement weather?

OP
OP

jbhaggarty5

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Where are you located? Take on any inclement weather?
I live in Indianapolis, IN. We get our fair share of weather, but it isn't something where snow is on the ground for months at a time.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
It was my understanding that the stock tire on a Platinum is the Pirelli Scorpion ATR. But, after reviewing some photos of Platinum wheels (which I even have posted in the past) it seems you are correct.

My current truck rides rough, so even with the level and more aggressive tires, the ride for me is going to seem like butter. Typically, aftermarket wheels are going to be a little wider than stock. I believe the stock Platty is 20x8, where the Fuel wheel is 20x9. In this case, it won't make a bit of difference, as the Hankook is wide enough (11.6") for either wheel. You will lose a minimal amount of sidewall bulge coverage, but not enough to worry about unless you like to smack curbs a lot.

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I am not a big fan of the Platinum Wheels and been looking for my preferred wheels. At this point my favorite is the Sport Muscle SM52 (black with machine face) the unfortunate part is that they are only available as a 22 inch rim thus need to replace the tires as well. At this point I seam to think I have found the best tire for me, interesting enough its a All Season rather than All Terrain but has better driving rating for winter than the All Terrain. The tire I am looking at is a Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season plus II. I won't have the truck for about 3 weeks and want to drive it first for a little bit prior to swapping the wheels and tires so, it probably won't be until mid / late March that they are on the Truck.
Ford F-150 New Rims with Factory Tires? SM52 truck.PNG
Ford F-150 New Rims with Factory Tires? SM52.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
I also have a Platty in carbonized gray scheduled to be delivered in early March. I also hate the polished wheels, but plan to have mine powder coated. Cost is about $200 each which includes mounting tires, etc.

OP
OP

jbhaggarty5

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
I also have a Platty in carbonized gray scheduled to be delivered in early March. I also hate the polished wheels, but plan to have mine powder coated. Cost is about $200 each which includes mounting tires, etc.
what color you doing...Black? Where are you taking it. Interesting thought. Thank you.

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
what color you doing...Black? Where are you taking it. Interesting thought. Thank you.
Yes, black. There are a number of places around me that do powder coating. Its very durable as well, much more so than painted. Plan to have the front chrome around the grill painted black.
Sponsored