Sponsored

New Requirement For Gasoline Engines in 2026

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
E.P.A. Announces Tightest-Ever Auto Pollution Rules - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Would you believe 55 mpg??!! No more gasoline engines in 2035?! I'm glad I'll be dead by then.
Per article its average. Under that the current average is 38mpg so it isn't as big of a difference as it looks at face value (though still 40%). I'm kind of amazed 38 mpg is somehow the average, I don't know many cars outside like a Honda Civic that get that. Guessing hybrids go a long way to hitting these standards.

Also (per article) this was bringing back an Obama era rule that was targeting 51mpg by 2025. My guess is a lot of automakers were already on that trajectory due to that.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I read most of the EPA ruling last night. It is a blended average and it assumes that the govt will force at least 17% of all cars sold to be EV by 2026. It is going to drive up the cost of vehicles for everyone.

this is all on purpose. Freedom of movement is bad for one of our political parties.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I read most of the EPA ruling last night. It is a blended average and it assumes that the govt will force at least 17% of all cars sold to be EV by 2026. It is going to drive up the cost of vehicles for everyone.

this is all on purpose. Freedom of movement is bad for one of our political parties.
They may require the companies to build EV's but no way they can require someone to buy them! EV's don't work for everyone.

OP
OP

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
They may require the companies to build EV's but no way they can require someone to buy them! EV's don't work for everyone.
Why not lower the interstate sped limits to 14 mph?

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Why not lower the interstate sped limits to 14 mph?
I'm not sure if the oil companies will allow this. Besides if the go all electric to save thegreenhouse effect,whats going to happen when they dispose of the monster lithium batteries? It also going to pollute the air even if they recycle the batteries. Politicians tak ouit of both sides of their mouths.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Hoping the next admin undos this garbage EO.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Everyone seems to forget that 60% of the electric generated in the US comes from fossil fuels with another 20% comes from nuclear. Electricity in the US is NOT green and pushing more burden onto the electric grid is not going to quickly drive renewables because it’s far easier to fire up a few more natural gas plants than it is to build 1000s of windmills.

Secondarily, we have all been fed a load of BS for years about the costs of owning aelectric vehicle. There are finally real studies that are telling the truth. anyone who has looked at a Ford lightening and the real cost of putting in fast chargers in their home knows that having a 400 amp line dropped into your house makes electric vehicles impractical.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/really-costs-more-charging-ev-232722262.html

Im done ranting but I am sick of our elected officials spooning feeding us complete BS.

DirtFreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford F250
Occupation
Retired ( paper maker )
Everyone seems to forget that 60% of the electric generated in the US comes from fossil fuels with another 20% comes from nuclear. Electricity in the US is NOT green and pushing more burden onto the electric grid is not going to quickly drive renewables because it’s far easier to fire up a few more natural gas plants than it is to build 1000s of windmills.

Secondarily, we have all been fed a load of BS for years about the costs of owning aelectric vehicle. There are finally real studies that are telling the truth. anyone who has looked at a Ford lightening and the real cost of putting in fast chargers in their home knows that having a 400 amp line dropped into your house makes electric vehicles impractical.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/really-costs-more-charging-ev-232722262.html

Im done ranting but I am sick of our elected officials spooning feeding us complete BS.
This could all change with a new administration .

Last edited:

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
This could change with a new administration .
And also the current administration is ingnoring the fact of the high cost of the ultra expensive production of the lithium batteries and the extra fossil fuel to do so. Then you have the problem of the discarding of old batterys which is a major pollution issue.Legally you're not suposed to dispose of a battery on cordless tool in the trash.The whole deal is a political game of haha I got you this time.
Sponsored