First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Because of this recall, my dealer would not let me have my truck. Build 7/22/22 just arrived in the dealership 11/01/22. The dealer tells me that they cannot deliver it to me until there is a resolution from Ford. Software update "should" be ready Jan 23. I ordered my truck 11/15/21. Already waited for a year, and am pissed that I have to wait more. The recall mentions that they have to reprogram or replace the module. If they don't have software, why don't they just replace the part? Any idea how I can accelerate me delivery?
That is the most ridiculous thing I've veer heard, if that was true, they'd have to come take all of our trucks away. WOW, I'm sorry you are going through that.
Sponsored

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
Because of this recall, my dealer would not let me have my truck. Build 7/22/22 just arrived in the dealership 11/01/22. The dealer tells me that they cannot deliver it to me until there is a resolution from Ford. Software update "should" be ready Jan 23. I ordered my truck 11/15/21. Already waited for a year, and am pissed that I have to wait more. The recall mentions that they have to reprogram or replace the module. If they don't have software, why don't they just replace the part? Any idea how I can accelerate me delivery?
Any updates from the dealer for you?

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Talked to the dealer today and still nothing. So frustrating that something they have known about since midsummer and is as simple as a firmware/software update is holding up thousands of trucks.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, todays the day, anyone know anything?

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost

Sponsored

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Dealer told me on Friday they are expecting guidance this week. Apparently the "manual" is what they are waiting on.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer stated nothing from ford today

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I just got off the phone with Ford. Guess what?! They know absolutely nothing. They talked to their "techs" that advised them to have me wait until February 1st to see if it has been fixed, or to call back. This is absolutely insane! I am ready to just walk away.

Don't tell me that its a SOFTWARE UPDATE and that it will be available in January 2023 but to wait until February 1st "to see if it is fixed".

@Ford Motor Company - surely someone knows something and can provide at least an update. This truck has been sitting for weeks over something silly. Am I going to get a $2500 rebate like the Bronco folks as well?

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone got word when it’ll release been on a dealership hold I’m getting impatient

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Anyone got word when it’ll release been on a dealership hold I’m getting impatient
Been on the phone with Ford for almost two hours, have gotten pretty much nowhere. Its the principal of the matter to me at this point.

"No one knows when that fix is going to be released" doesn't sit well with me.

Sponsored

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
^ I completely agree. This is the closest thing I got to an awnser and I had to dig hard for this
Ford F-150 New recall: Front Park Lamp Flicker (NHTSA # 22V686) C6D8C227-81D7-409C-A9D6-BA66B2C888DF

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Ford just transferred me to the NHTSA hotline without asking because they wanted rid of me. WOW.

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Called back and now am being told that this recall has been pushed to March. Not totally sure that I believe that, but its the most information I have been given thus far.

I am hoping that the "parts" for the Bronco are the things that are going to be delayed until March and not the f-150 software update or I might go insane.

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If that’s the case I’ll be canceling and going with the Silverado. A bit crazy and bull shit if that’s the case.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been on the phone with Ford for almost two hours, have gotten pretty much nowhere. Its the principal of the matter to me at this point.

"No one knows when that fix is going to be released" doesn't sit well with me.
any luck on hour 3 or 4?
Sponsored