Sponsored

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just got back from the dealership, still no news. Aside from they're annoyed as well, but that's not something I can drive around.

I did reach out to the Ford rep from here, and got a phone call from Ford earlier today, only to hear that because this was from NHTSA, I should talk to them and that the customer service reps at Ford wouldn't have that kind of information. That by itself is not surprising, having worked in product support long ago, knowing how those kinds of things work and how little info is typically provided to your front-end customer service reps.

I did register a complaint on the NHTSA Website, someone else had done the same yesterday, it appears. My complaint is not yet visible (it takes up to 72 hours to become visible):

The same list of complaints appears for any of the 2022 F-150:
2022 FORD F-150 REGULAR CAB PU/RC 2WD | NHTSA
The front of my vehicle says FORD. That is who I’ll be contacting quickly realizing that ford has their customer service team strictly to deter and calm people down from issues than deal with said issues
Sponsored

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Yeah, what I am saying is that whatever part of Ford that's responsible for this fix is not providing any information to the people you and I would talk to when we call them. And Ford is ok with letting those folks take the heat because all they can tell them is "we don't have that information."

That aside - because this recall is listed on NHTSA and the original bulletin said the fix would be in January 2023, Ford is required "notify the agency within 60 days of becoming aware of any change to the expected completion date of a recall repair".

I don't know if that means that NHTSA website would have any such notice of change. I haven't found one for this recall. MAYBE that means it's really close and the fix is on its way out. Or maybe it means Ford has until the end of March to say "oh yeah, when we said January we meant some later date." Hopefully, that is not the case.

Regardless I'm going to call NHTSA tomorrow, will report back if I find anything out.

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yeah, what I am saying is that whatever part of Ford that's responsible for this fix is not providing any information to the people you and I would talk to when we call them. And Ford is ok with letting those folks take the heat because all they can tell them is "we don't have that information."

That aside - because this recall is listed on NHTSA and the original bulletin said the fix would be in January 2023, Ford is required "notify the agency within 60 days of becoming aware of any change to the expected completion date of a recall repair".

I don't know if that means that NHTSA website would have any such notice of change. I haven't found one for this recall. MAYBE that means it's really close and the fix is on its way out. Or maybe it means Ford has until the end of March to say "oh yeah, when we said January we meant some later date." Hopefully, that is not the case.

Regardless I'm going to call NHTSA tomorrow, will report back if I find anything out.
Keep us updated as I will too on my half. My sales rep said he doesn’t ever recall ford ever going throw a recall and not providing continuous updates let alone going past the expected date. He assumes that they’ll be out with some kinda information in the near upcoming days. But to me that’s all buttkiss

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Well, the call to the NHTSA did not provide the kind of information I was hoping for. The person I spoke to said the fix for this issue now shows as March. When I said to her that according to everything I'd seen online, the March timeline applied to the Bronco (because parts), and that the F-150 said only January, she replied "well... that's what I see here."

Other things I asked:

Q: The original TSB shows January, did Ford file any notification that it slipped beyond that date?
A: You'd have to wait for information from Ford for that, I don't have that here and only see this March date.

Q: Is it true that if the timeline slips beyond what was stated in the original TSB, Ford has 60 days to notify NHTSA? Is it 60 days from when they know it will happen, or 60 days starting at January 31?
A: I don't see any notification here, only showing March...

Q: Is there any way to get more information?
A: Ford is the only one with Information...

----

Anyone else in the "already purchased, made a down payment, etc." camp that has been provided a loaner? Apparently, it's Ford policy they're supposed to provide a loaner vehicle if the purchased vehicle could not be delivered in a timely manner, but at the discretion of the dealership service manager. I don't have a loaner, and haven't asked for one because I preferred to just wait until January for my truck over a few months of driving a different truck about. I am reconsidering that, however.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT Sport 302A 2.7L Space white
Well, the call to the NHTSA did not provide the kind of information I was hoping for. The person I spoke to said the fix for this issue now shows as March. When I said to her that according to everything I'd seen online, the March timeline applied to the Bronco (because parts), and that the F-150 said only January, she replied "well... that's what I see here."

Other things I asked:

Q: The original TSB shows January, did Ford file any notification that it slipped beyond that date?
A: You'd have to wait for information from Ford for that, I don't have that here and only see this March date.

Q: Is it true that if the timeline slips beyond what was stated in the original TSB, Ford has 60 days to notify NHTSA? Is it 60 days from when they know it will happen, or 60 days starting at January 31?

----

Anyone else in the "already purchased, made a down payment, etc." camp that has been provided a loaner? Apparently, it's Ford policy they're supposed to provide a loaner vehicle if the purchased vehicle could not be delivered in a timely manner, but at the discretion of the dealership service manager. I don't have a loaner, and haven't asked for one because I preferred to just wait until January for my truck over a few months of driving a different truck about. I am reconsidering that, however.
Thanks for calling in. I received a loaner last week as I was told the fix would be by Jan 23rd. That date came and went. Dealership instantly approved a loaner and now I’m driving a 22 SXT until mine is ready. However long that may be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Other things I asked:

----

I appreciate all the work you have been doing your self I ended up backing out of the deal I couldn’t handle it no more. Having the headache every week same thing over and over being told nothing today.
And the fact that the bulletin hasn’t been updated. My patients were at a reach I ended up going to a lariat from a xlt for only 2k more

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I appreciate all the work you have been doing your self I ended up backing out of the deal I couldn’t handle it no more. Having the headache every week same thing over and over being told nothing today.
And the fact that the bulletin hasn’t been updated. My patients were at a reach I ended up going to a lariat from a xlt for only 2k more
Yeah, I could do without the headache. I'm 99% sure I can't back out of the deal because of money already put down and did the financing through my CU. Once I know that 100% for sure I'll start pressing the dealer for a loaner.

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Sadly after speaking to the dealer today and not having any other options and dealers unwilling to trade with my dealer I ended up with a Silverado RST. I'm really bummed and upset that Ford really didn't want to take my money from a dealer to Ford Corporate. Good luck everyone! Hoping Ford takes care of you all.

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Dealer agreed that it's fair to provide a loaner at this point and is willing to do more to show their appreciation for my patience once the truck is finally done sitting on the dealer lot delivered. I'm assuming it'll just be a nice fruit basket. Maybe a fancy license plate frame with the dealership's name on it.

Maybe it's just me, but when it's dragged out this far, the loaner should be offered, not needed to be asked for.

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I asked and it wasn’t offered I backed out because of this I’m glad you got one non the less

Sponsored

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
@Ford Motor Company another week with no information
that user (@Ford Motor Company) is basically just someone that gets you in contact with support. The support people call and tell you they don’t know, and to call nhtsa. Then nhtsa tells you to call ford. And you go round and round.
Meanwhile, somewhere, there exists some developer or some manager person that has this sitting on their backlog, not telling anyone what’s up, and just making more and more frustration for folks like us.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Somewhat of a update;

I spoke to someone very high up at Ford (don’t want to be a Snitch, we all know what happens to rats)

and I was told ford is on track to release the fix by the end of month as long as nothing unexpected comes from the testing process. The recall fix is up to the final testing/validation stage.

let’s hope in the next week or 2 we will have answers.

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
@Mach725 I appreciate that update!

I heard yesterday evening from my dealer that the fix is now available (sorry for not updating here earlier!) -- my truck is scheduled to have spray-in bed liner done, and he stated once that's completed either today or tomorrow, I can finally have my truck!

Will report back once the truck is finally in my possession - hopefully all of this is ending soon.

Mach725

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Mach725 I appreciate that update!

I heard yesterday evening from my dealer that the fix is now available (sorry for not updating here earlier!) -- my truck is scheduled to have spray-in bed liner done, and he stated once that's completed either today or tomorrow, I can finally have my truck!

Will report back once the truck is finally in my possession - hopefully all of this is ending soon.
Thats great news. Did they say it would be a part or programming? Mine called yesterday saying they rece3ived an email that the fix would be released in a couple days.
Sponsored