Sponsored

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Hour 3 or 4 consisted of talking to my dealer and making a plan for a different vehicle if it is indeed pushed to March. Plain and simple that Ford doesn't know what is going on, they don't communicate to their customers and don't care that folks are lined up to give them money for a subpar product. It's really sad. 😔

I can say that the dealership is the only thing that is saving this deal because they have been awesome!
Sponsored

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Well according to ford letter that was sent to all dealers they have until Tuesday the 31 to have an update. Hopefully today or tomorrow

Sponsored

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
@Ford Motor Company - Need an update here, this is unacceptable. January 2023 ends tomorrow and no updates to customers or dealers.
I agree this is inexcusable. I know others have been waiting much longer than I have and the only reason I’m holding on still is strictly because I like the options and colour. This is really disappointing this will be my first ford truck and it’s already starting off bad.
hopefully we see an update tomorrow on this situation. At least what the next steps are to be taken

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
@Ford Motor Company please, any sort of update? Anything? I have seen a few things that say mid-March now, but it's hard to tell if that was an update or if that only applies to the Bronco, or what...
Really would love some sort of update!

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
@Ford Motor Company please, any sort of update? Anything? I have seen a few things that say mid-March now, but it's hard to tell if that was an update or if that only applies to the Bronco, or what...
Really would love some sort of update!
I was on the phone today with customer service was told to call back tomorrow. Wednesday feb 1 2023

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I was on the phone today with customer service was told to call back tomorrow. Wednesday feb 1 2023
Maybe that means there's at least some sort of month-end report that would provide an update, otherwise, that just seems... well, like they're just punting you and everyone else along. :/

Sponsored

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Maybe that means there's at least some sort of month-end report that would provide an update, otherwise, that just seems... well, like they're just punting you and everyone else along. :/
I agree. He said there might be a fix but should expect to see an update of some sort that will shine some light or further more

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I agree. He said there might be a fix but should expect to see an update of some sort that will shine some light or further more
I hope so. The waiting is disappointing. The lack of information about it is what really cranks it up to unacceptable levels.

ashadkc9

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Well, I just called asking and was told that Ford wouldn't give any kind of an update to the customer first, and why would I call and ask Ford directly about something like that and not reach out to my dealer.

I told the rep that I did, but my dealer doesn't have any information either and the timeframe on the recall is past.

He then proceeded to tell me that Ford will never tell a customer something before a dealer and that it is "a waste of his time for me to call in and ask" and that I should check back with my dealer every week or so to see if there is any update, and that I will just have to wait like everyone else.

Livid is not even the word to describe how I feel after how I was treated.

Crobra92

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Well, I just called asking and was told that Ford wouldn't give any kind of an update to the customer first, and why would I call and ask Ford directly about something like that and not reach out to my dealer.

I told the rep that I did, but my dealer doesn't have any information either and the timeframe on the recall is past.

He then proceeded to tell me that Ford will never tell a customer something before a dealer and that it is "a waste of his time for me to call in and ask" and that I should check back with my dealer every week or so to see if there is any update, and that I will just have to wait like everyone else.

Livid is not even the word to describe how I feel after how I was treated.
I’m current I’m currently on a hunt for a new one this is a little bit ridiculous I really like what I have packaged which is the atlas blue sunroof XLT cloth seats FX four sport package 360 camera and the V-8 I’m already pricing out something else with Ford Chevy and Dodge and possibly Toyota. For the atlas blue is the only thing that’s keeping me remotely attach to the vehicle.

the_m4a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Just got back from the dealership, still no news. Aside from they're annoyed as well, but that's not something I can drive around.

I did reach out to the Ford rep from here, and got a phone call from Ford earlier today, only to hear that because this was from NHTSA, I should talk to them and that the customer service reps at Ford wouldn't have that kind of information. That by itself is not surprising, having worked in product support long ago, knowing how those kinds of things work and how little info is typically provided to your front-end customer service reps.

I did register a complaint on the NHTSA Website, someone else had done the same yesterday, it appears. My complaint is not yet visible (it takes up to 72 hours to become visible):

The same list of complaints appears for any of the 2022 F-150:
2022 FORD F-150 REGULAR CAB PU/RC 2WD | NHTSA
Sponsored