Sponsored

Grymtyrant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab
Your truck is a curious case. Going back on my posts with you and looking a bit deeper at your case, I checked your truck back in early April and you were on Sync 20301. Now your Sync version is blank in PTS. What Sync version does your touchscreen say your truck is on? When 2.6.0 was sent to you, it failed due to a software mismatch. Usually this happens when your truck is sent an update it already has. That would explain why you are getting a different APIM sent to your truck now that is newer than 2.6.0. If your truck is on Sync 20301 and you are getting OTA's sent, that would the first time I ever see that. The fact that there is no update number on it at all makes me wonder if this is some kind of OTA that Ford is sending out to try to fix trucks stuck on 20301? I am going to ask Jesse to take a look to see what he thinks.
What I see in About Sync, is software version 21146_PRODUCT
Revision 145
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
What I see in About Sync, is software version 21146_PRODUCT
Revision 145
Interesting. So your truck got out of 20301 on its own even though PTS shows no successful OTA's since I last checked your truck 5 weeks ago, and the last recorded OTA in the Sync section of PTS was recorded on 12/14/2021. I don't know what is going on with your truck, but the fact that it is no longer on Sync 20301 is definitely a good thing!

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I got 4.2.4 a few days ago and still have the frustrating issue of no audio on first phone call of each ride. Google Maps is also back to appearing as a black screen on occasion, which is remedied by toggling AA partial/full screen.

Does anybody know if any features were actually improved/added with this update? I do see AM HD radio as an option under "Radio" settings now, which I don't recall in the past.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Interesting. So your truck got out of 20301 on its own even though PTS shows no successful OTA's since I last checked your truck 5 weeks ago, and the last recorded OTA in the Sync section of PTS was recorded on 12/14/2021. I don't know what is going on with your truck, but the fact that it is no longer on Sync 20301 is definitely a good thing!
Somehow, your truck is indeed off of the 20301 software and no longer in OTA purgatory. Your best option is still to manually update with FDRS. If you wait on all the older OTA's to be sent to you to catch up, you will be waiting a loooooong time.

Grymtyrant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just received 4.2.3 yesterday. I do have one question, is your battery fully charged? Is your start/stop working. It seems my updates starting rolling in when I swapped batteries.
This truck and batteries sucks something awful. When it's colder here in MN I'll put this thing on a tender. Haven't had to in several weeks.

Sponsored

Grymtyrant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Somehow, your truck is indeed off of the 20301 software and no longer in OTA purgatory. Your best option is still to manually update with FDRS. If you wait on all the older OTA's to be sent to you to catch up, you will be waiting a loooooong time.
Manually updating, does that require bringing into dealer?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Manually updating, does that require bringing into dealer?
Ford does not pay dealers for the hours of labor needed to update modules. My manually updating I mean doing it yourself.

Rodoni

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum
Occupation
FF/P
Just got 3.5.2 today after not getting anything since 11/22. Early 2021 job 1 truck.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Just got 3.5.2 today after not getting anything since 11/22. Early 2021 job 1 truck.
I've been waiting since September but finally graduated to the 3.5.3 crowd earlier this week. Patience grasshopper. But in the mean time, go get some Costco gas and let it idle for an hour. That may do the trick! ;)

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
These updates are future proofing your truck so that future updates will be able install more easily, thus updates like these updates, make your F-150 a better truck more capable of handling more complicated updates to the updating system. So enjoy your new updates! :ROFLMAO:
Wow, if this isn't corporate speak then I don't know what is! This answer sounds just like the one I got from my electric company when I asked about a rate clarification.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Wow, if this isn't corporate speak then I don't know what is! This answer sounds just like the one I got from my electric company when I asked about a rate clarification.
Power Up 4.2.4
What's in this update?

You're going to love this, as an added benefit in this update we've further streamlined you're software by removing SecuriAlert making your F-150 easier to use! Look forward to future updates as we continue streamline other things, Remember we've got you covered under the hood. Enjoy you're F-150 and know your rolling with the best!

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
better go get a full tank of gas if you want it to be successful
Ok Ford, I have a full tank of gas and five hours behind the wheel tomorrow.
Let’s see if you can send me 4.2.4!

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Anyone notice that Google maps can no longer move by dragging after receiving full screen CarPlay? It now makes me use the four arrows. Waze as well. Apple and the Sync maps still let you touch and drag.

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
Just got 4.2.2 today! Glad OTA is working on my truck..... 21 Job2 11/21 built date.
Sponsored