Engineer

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
We just got a PCO in the mail today for $2,500. It's addressed to my Husband and expires 3/31/21. Now I have to hope we get delivery in time.
Check with your selling dealer. They may honor it either way.

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Check with your selling dealer. They may honor it either way.
Yeah, it's pretty much by the address from what I understand, so shouldn't be a problem. .
Worse case, would have to buy/register it with both names on the vehicle..

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
We just got a PCO in the mail today for $2,500. It's addressed to my Husband and expires 3/31/21. Now I have to hope we get delivery in time.
The way things are going currently you should be fine, no problem it is in your husbands name. Suppose to be good within immediate family.

If it starts getting down to the wire they can lock it in, it's just weither they will or not. Don't know why some dealers are like that, it's not like it comes out of their pocket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
The way things are going currently you should be fine, no problem it is in your husbands name. Suppose to be good within immediate family.

If it starts getting down to the wire they can lock it in, it's just weither they will or not. Don't know why some dealers are like that, it's not like it comes out of their pocket.
My understanding was that it *does* come out of their pocket as PCO's are from corporate and they won't reimburse the dealer after the exp date? If it was a dealer incentive they would have locked it in for me...

It's part of why I'm so angry that I've gotten these PCO's regularly for years and now when I actually NEED it they aren't renewing mine.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My understanding was that it *does* come out of their pocket as PCO's are from corporate and they won't reimburse the dealer after the exp date? If it was a dealer incentive they would have locked it in for me...

It's part of why I'm so angry that I've gotten these PCO's regularly for years and now when I actually NEED it they aren't renewing mine.
Well there seems to be some fog around this for sure but my dealer said it doesn't come from them. Ford pays a 3rd party company to run these things to enhance sales in area's were they need improvement, Ford funds it.

My own personal thought on this is, they can close out the deal or show it sold, even if the vehicle hasn't arrived yet. Not saying that's wrong but just a common work around. That is just me guessing at what I have heard in the past.

Mine expired the 4th of this month and I went over that again with my dealer tonight and he assured me it is taken car of. Plus I have copies of email traffic stating the same thing.

Don't think it is easily done if there is a lot of time between the order and when it arrives though. Again that is just me doing the math. Lol

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Mine expired the 4th of this month and I went over that again with my dealer tonight and he assured me it is taken car of. Plus I have copies of email traffic stating the same thing.
THAT is what I kept trying to do! I think they are onto me because I would type up my calcs and totals, then ask for confirmation, and I think they knew they didn't want to put anything in writing. One dealer preferred to call me instead every time and all I wanted was an email with a commitment :)

I remember when I bought my travel trailer I was communicating with a dealer 400 miles to the south, and he quoted me a killer price, it was insane. Local dealer said that is below what he paid for it from the factory, so go ahead make the drive. Drove to pick it up and the guy said he told me that was the price? I showed the email. He talked to his manager. He said he accidentally quoted me the price on one from the previous model year, but his manager said to honor it. Ha! Saved me $4k :)

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
THAT is what I kept trying to do! I think they are onto me because I would type up my calcs and totals, then ask for confirmation, and I think they knew they didn't want to put anything in writing. One dealer preferred to call me instead every time and all I wanted was an email with a commitment :)

I remember when I bought my travel trailer I was communicating with a dealer 400 miles to the south, and he quoted me a killer price, it was insane. Local dealer said that is below what he paid for it from the factory, so go ahead make the drive. Drove to pick it up and the guy said he told me that was the price? I showed the email. He talked to his manager. He said he accidentally quoted me the price on one from the previous model year, but his manager said to honor it. Ha! Saved me $4k :)
I definitely like a paper trail.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Yeah you have to cover your butt these days. I would just ask them to confirm it in writing, don't be shy about it. (y)

Sponsored

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
So for the past maybe 3 weeks I have been trying every trick to trip a PCO with no luck. Today I check the mail, and my housemate gets a $2500 one! He wasn't even looking.
The dealer said as long as we both live at the address, its good!
20210113_184124.jpg
I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry! :)

Congrats!

Last edited:
OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
So for the past maybe 3 weeks I have been trying every trick to trip a PCO with no luck. Today I check the mail, and my housemate gets a $2500 one! He wasn't even looking.
The dealer said as long as we both live at the address, its good!
20210113_184124.jpg
Good tip! I'll see if my wife can sign up as well.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
I've yet to get a pop-up on Ford's site that lets me enter address or even email, so I don't know how I even have a chance of getting a PCO before my truck arrives (just ordered it last night!) But I'll just have to keep trying

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Can that $2,500 be combined with A, D, X, or Z plan?
Sponsored