ahiaring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SC 4X4 157
Occupation
Home Construction
Hello

Just joined this site as I purchased my first F150 a few days ago. 2021 Powerboost, Super crew 4x4, 157" XLT. Has max trailer package, and more goodies than I can list. Very nice truck and very happy with it so far - however, stock tires need to go. Also, putting on a basic 2" front level kit to help the massive rake.

I have had 2500/3500 class trucks for the longest time so I appreciate the qualities in heavier, E rated, 10 ply tires.

With this ford, it is my daily driver, however, I do take it off road (hunting, fishing) and will be towing a 7k Travel Trailer with it.

I am looking to replace the tires with a LT275/70/18 Cooper ATP II (some killer cyber monday deals at Discount on this tire right now) However, it does appear that these tires are about 16-17 pounds more per tire than the factory ones. Am I correct to think probably a loss of MPG of 1-1.5? I certainly can live with that if so. I am thinking running them around 45-50 PSI.

Anyone else running these size 10 ply tires on their rigs? Thoughts?
Sponsored

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
Not a powerboost here, but I have run E rated tires on all my F-150s thus far, and plan to do the same. FWIW, I get 1-2mpg less on average than my buddy's who run tires that are E as well, but theirs are 11 lbs lighter per corner. (These are all three 5.0 F-150s of different generations) I'd say my tread is more aggressive as well, so just desktop maths, I think your estimate of 1-1.5 loss is pretty on point.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Hello

Just joined this site as I purchased my first F150 a few days ago. 2021 Powerboost, Super crew 4x4, 157" XLT. Has max trailer package, and more goodies than I can list. Very nice truck and very happy with it so far - however, stock tires need to go. Also, putting on a basic 2" front level kit to help the massive rake.

I have had 2500/3500 class trucks for the longest time so I appreciate the qualities in heavier, E rated, 10 ply tires.

With this ford, it is my daily driver, however, I do take it off road (hunting, fishing) and will be towing a 7k Travel Trailer with it.

I am looking to replace the tires with a LT275/70/18 Cooper ATP II (some killer cyber monday deals at Discount on this tire right now) However, it does appear that these tires are about 16-17 pounds more per tire than the factory ones. Am I correct to think probably a loss of MPG of 1-1.5? I certainly can live with that if so. I am thinking running them around 45-50 PSI.

Anyone else running these size 10 ply tires on their rigs? Thoughts?
I am running Nitto Ridge Grapplers w/ 2" level... about 20 lbs heavier per tire and it killed my mileage. I have yet to see 20+ mpg, the lifetime avg is 16.5.

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I'd say that's a decent guess relative to the tires. But if you level at the same time, that may also affect the mpg, so you might see more of a total loss.

OP
OP

ahiaring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SC 4X4 157
Occupation
Home Construction
Going to go with LT275/70/18 Goodyear UltraTerrain AT...Between all the sales at Discount Tire, and the offered trade in value on my takeoffs, its $560 out the door. Cant beat that price. Will get them installed tomorrow. Also, they are about 4 pounds per tire lighter than the coopers.

I did get the 2" level today - stance looks good, excited to see the finished product tomorrow.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Going to go with LT275/70/18 Goodyear UltraTerrain AT...Between all the sales at Discount Tire, and the offered trade in value on my takeoffs, its $560 out the door. Cant beat that price. Will get them installed tomorrow. Also, they are about 4 pounds per tire lighter than the coopers.

I did get the 2" level today - stance looks good, excited to see the finished product tomorrow.
share pics when done!

OP
OP

ahiaring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SC 4X4 157
Occupation
Home Construction
Truck looks great - we will see how the tires do, but on the 5 mile ride from Discount to my work, they we very quiet. Per the EVIC, i was averaging 21.9 per the first 184 miles on the truck...We will see were I land after the level and heavier tires.

Ford F-150 New Owner - New Tires, Level ASAP IMG-3231

Ford F-150 New Owner - New Tires, Level ASAP IMG-3232

ConiferEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, Powerboost Hybrid
Truck looks great - we will see how the tires do, but on the 5 mile ride from Discount to my work, they we very quiet. Per the EVIC, i was averaging 21.9 per the first 184 miles on the truck...We will see were I land after the level and heavier tires.

IMG-3231.jpg

IMG-3232.jpg

Your truck looks really good. What level kit did you put on? I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the tires after you get some miles on them.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Am I correct to think probably a loss of MPG of 1-1.5?
I'd say at least that much. I put on E rated K02s in slightly larger than stock size, and I've seen at least 1-2mpg drop overall. Adding a leveling kit will only reduce mpg even more with the change in aerodynamics, I assume.

tkbolts21

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150

Where were you able to find that purchased the stock tires?

Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

IMG-3231.jpg

IMG-3232.jpg
Looks good! Like more aggressive versions of the OEM Territory AT's, plus the 3 Peak rating to boot!

I was pretty well all in on leaving the Territory's and getting dedicated snows, but this has me thinking now. Just not sure about UltraTerrain availability in Canada, can't seem to find any info online.

OP
OP

ahiaring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SC 4X4 157
Occupation
Home Construction
Where were you able to find that purchased the stock tires?
New Tires were right around $1150 dollars with tax. Discount gave me $110 per tire trade in on the take offs. Plus the $70 cyber monday discount, and the $80 Discount Credit Card discount.

Also think there is an additional $40-50 Goodyear Visa Rebate to apply for. Just hit it at the right time.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost

IMG-3231.jpg

IMG-3232.jpg
out of curiosity, going with bigger tires did it hurt your turning radius? I have the 20” chrome wheels and my truck has horrible turning radius, only true gripe about mine.

OP
OP

ahiaring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SC 4X4 157
Occupation
Home Construction
The 157" truck did not have a good turning radius to begin with but I haven't noticed any difference pulling into my parking lot at my office. These new tires are approx. 1 1/4" taller, so couldn't imagine it being much difference.

But I came from 6.5 and 8' bed HD trucks, so turning radius wasn't too high on my list.

tkbolts21

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150
New Tires were right around $1150 dollars with tax. Discount gave me $110 per tire trade in on the take offs. Plus the $70 cyber monday discount, and the $80 Discount Credit Card discount.

Also think there is an additional $40-50 Goodyear Visa Rebate to apply for. Just hit it at the right time.
Thanks! Didn't realize they were brick and mortar as we do not have any in my area.
Sponsored