Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Actually, 4.2.3 seems to somehow have improved the connectivity issues I've had with Android Auto since I got 4.2.1. The sample size is still very small as my commute is very short, but it worked very well driving to work this morning.
Ford is blaming Android Auto connection issues on out of date software on the Android side. Have you gotten any recent AA updates? That might also be why the connection has improved.

SSM 51589 2021-2023 F-150/Mustang Mach-E/Edge - Android Auto Unable To Wirelessly Connect And/Or Android Phones Rebooting When Connected To The Vehicle Via USB
Some 2021-2023 F-150/Mustang Mach-E/Edge vehicles may exhibit a concern of Android Auto unable to wirelessly connect and/or Android phones rebooting when connected to the vehicle via USB. This is due to a concern with the Google application on the customers device. Google has released a fix for these concerns. For Android phones not connecting wirelessly, request that the customer update their Android Auto version to 6.1 or later. For customers who’s Android phone reboots when connected via USB, request that the customer update their Chrome application to 88.0.4324.181 or later. The customers service provider should be able to assist customers having difficulty updating their device. This is not a warrantable repair.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ford is blaming Android Auto connection issues on out of date software on the Android side. Have you gotten any recent AA updates? That might also be why the connection has improved.

SSM 51589 2021-2023 F-150/Mustang Mach-E/Edge - Android Auto Unable To Wirelessly Connect And/Or Android Phones Rebooting When Connected To The Vehicle Via USB
Some 2021-2023 F-150/Mustang Mach-E/Edge vehicles may exhibit a concern of Android Auto unable to wirelessly connect and/or Android phones rebooting when connected to the vehicle via USB. This is due to a concern with the Google application on the customers device. Google has released a fix for these concerns. For Android phones not connecting wirelessly, request that the customer update their Android Auto version to 6.1 or later. For customers who’s Android phone reboots when connected via USB, request that the customer update their Chrome application to 88.0.4324.181 or later. The customers service provider should be able to assist customers having difficulty updating their device. This is not a warrantable repair.
I got an AA update the same day I had 4.2.2 install. I noticed an improvement then, and so far with 4.2.3, I am happy to say the connectivity issues seem to be gone. The few miles I've put on my truck the past few days have been issue free.

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I am on 4.2.3

Are there any new features in 4.2.4?

Since few updates ago, (I can't remember which one) my android phone connected via Bluetooth and NOT android auto (I guess I am old school) started acting up.. The phone connects to the head unit and the microphone works.. But I can't hear anything..
If I activate the phone speaker and immediately switch back to the Bluetooth, it works fine..

Is this issue addressed yet?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
well today 4 times the truck would see the phone via bluetooth, but never allow music or calls
i had to select those all four times, and pandora would only play via the phone . then it got confused and would only play music that was on the phone, i had to keep playing with it until it would allow pandora to play
then when i left the hospital the truck connected and logged in pandora app and worked perfect

i see a 4.2.4 on the horizon, maybe it fixes this weirdness

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
well today 4 times the truck would see the phone via bluetooth, but never allow music or calls
i had to select those all four times, and pandora would only play via the phone . then it got confused and would only play music that was on the phone, i had to keep playing with it until it would allow pandora to play
then when i left the hospital the truck connected and logged in pandora app and worked perfect

i see a 4.2.4 on the horizon, maybe it fixes this weirdness
Android or iPhone? Seems like most of the complaints have been from android users

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Android or iPhone? Seems like most of the complaints have been from android users
android
and my samsung just updated this past weekend
no car play, just straight on bluetooth steam app from phone, or by magic pandora shows up on the source list

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
As an iPhone user I was selfishly hoping for that answer

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
As an iPhone user I was selfishly hoping for that answer
to be fair my pandora issues are long term.
but the sync not allowing phone to do whats its supposed to do is new
having to select the permissions over and over is getting OLD

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Received 4.2.3 today.

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
I got it yesterday!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I should have known better than to poke my nose into PTS this morning.

Within MINUTES afterwards, 4.2.3 triggered, and moments later installed. (no, I'm not suggesting 😉)

I intended to only see if perhaps I really was blocking OTA by having Sync4 in diagnostic mode with the icons on display? Or if perhaps I just hadn't been queued at all.

I know that I can leave the displayed icons now. :) It has no ill affect and they add to the ability to monitor "connectivity" status.

Ford F-150 New OTA Update 4.2.3 Screenshot 2023-05-06 152313

Ford F-150 New OTA Update 4.2.3 20230506_115015

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
From what you described regarding 4.2.3, and then the reversal of bad fortune with 4.2.4, I hope you're right! :)

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired